Dell announces 32" 8k monitor for $4,999

Soldato
I am aware of that. But you shouldn't need to use a third-party extension just to watch video at the correct aspect ratio. It should just work on ultrawides, without any additional fiddling.

Im sorry but are you on a console or a pc? cause it sounds to me like you are expecting the experience of a console where everything is simplistic plug and play. Wouldn't personally blame the ultrawide format for netflix's encoding choices. You either get black bars on a 16:9 but perfect full picture in 21:9 or the other way around but there will always be someone with black bars. I would rather have a 21:9 with black bars from time to time than 16:9 with black bars top and bottom but thats just me and my preference.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No it does not.

As usual Linus is talking out of his.......

Shadow of Mordor

2 Pascal Titans

4k maxed with 200% resolution scaling (8k)

Q4QiZWI.jpg

If I had used 4 old Maxwell Titans they would have got much better fps.
I wonder if resolution scaling works properly. I did that on resident evil 7 and my fps tanked so badly, was like 5-6 times less fps. Could be that 8gb vram that caused it to tank as much as it did however. Need 16gb at least probably, or dare I say high bandwidth cache.. eh Kaaps? :p;)

Man of Honour
I wonder if resolution scaling works properly. I did that on resident evil 7 and my fps tanked so badly, was like 5-6 times less fps. Could be that 8gb vram that caused it to tank as much as it did however. Need 16gb at least probably, or dare I say high bandwidth cache.. eh Kaaps? :p;)

Resolution scaling works quite well with SOM.:)

Man of Honour
Medium settings? Get the hell out here, no self respecting pc gamer uses such setting! Everything maximum with 8X AA or do not even bother! :p

/s

This^

If you are going to spend $5000 on a monitor there is no point using medium settings. You can save yourself a load of money and use maximum settings @2160p instead.:D

Man of Honour

Here is the same run as I did before but @2160p maxed.

9geLrG5.jpg

I was only running my CPU @4.0ghz, if I had overclocked it a bit more I would have got almost perfect scaling going from 4k to 8k. Even as things are I got pretty close.:)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking forward to seeing a proper review of this with games. People say no need for 8K for games, but that is a load of ********, there are videos on youtube (with all its compression) already showing the difference and that is for games available now. In the future when games are designed with 8K in mind, the difference will be easy to see. Just like it is for me now with 4K.

Associate
This is one of the worst monitors you could get for gaming. The diminishing returns of the PPI/clarity for gaming is off the charts, especially when you consider the MST/3-4 GPU hassle. Not to mention its really slow pixels, IPS glow, back light bleed, poor blacks and contrast ratio of IPS.

This monitor is really for CAD/architects/medical etc.

Back
Top Bottom