Dell announces 32" 8k monitor for $4,999

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is one of the worst monitors you could get for gaming. The diminishing returns of the PPI/clarity for gaming is off the charts, especially when you consider the MST/3-4 GPU hassle. Not to mention its really slow pixels, IPS glow, back light bleed, poor blacks and contrast ratio of IPS.

This monitor is really for CAD/architects/medical etc.
Still will look better though imo :p

My next monitor is OLED for sure. How have you found gaming on your OLED now that you have had it for a while? By that I am asking about image quality. I don't really play fast paced games anyway.

Associate

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Here is an article on it from ArsTechnica. Link

Seems like games cannot handle 8K or maybe we need to wait for better graphics cards and drivers as they keep crashing at 8K.

8K sharpness will be awesome, but I think it is 5 years away even for me as 4K OLED with HDR would last me a long time me thinks.

Soldato
Actually, Linus had it running on SLI Titan Xp cards and many games ran at decent frame rates but it kept crashing, so I'm guessing that it's a video driver problem.

My next gaming display will be a high-refresh rate 4K monitor.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Actually, Linus had it running on SLI Titan Xp cards and many games ran at decent frame rates but it kept crashing, so I'm guessing that it's a video driver problem.

My next gaming display will be a high-refresh rate 4K monitor.
What did I say different?

Also multi gpu is kind of dead unless you enjoy benchmarking. Hopefully it makes a good comeback in the future though like Raja envisions. I would only be interested in it if it works exactly like a single gpu, otherwise not worth the money, time and hassle for me.

Back
Top Bottom