Dell G3223D

Soldato
Thought about a 4K mate, running a 5600x with a 3070, I think some of the demanding games I play (RDR2, ACValhalla,Cyberpunk..MSFS) I’d personally struggle to get anything near 60fps on decent settings.(pretty much the same reason I didn’t go for a ultrawide).

I can pretty much max out graphic settings on the titles I’ve mentioned and get excellent frame rates, I’d personally be sitting just over a arms length away, monitor should be arriving tomorrow hopefully it’ll suit my needs and I’ll be happy with it, if not it goes back I’ve used Dell before so I can attest to their excellent customer service..thanks for the advice Troezar.

Edit: Has yours arrived MR G 1st impressions?
No probs, try it and see. Mine is fine for games, I mostly notice it as I use it for work and have the 27" sat right next to it.

Soldato
OP
Thought about a 4K mate, running a 5600x with a 3070, I think some of the demanding games I play (RDR2, ACValhalla,Cyberpunk..MSFS) I’d personally struggle to get anything near 60fps on decent settings.(pretty much the same reason I didn’t go for a ultrawide).

I can pretty much max out graphic settings on the titles I’ve mentioned and get excellent frame rates, I’d personally be sitting just over a arms length away, monitor should be arriving tomorrow hopefully it’ll suit my needs and I’ll be happy with it, if not it goes back I’ve used Dell before so I can attest to their excellent customer service..thanks for the advice Troezar.

Edit: Has yours arrived MR G 1st impressions?

Should take delivery tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
Think they deliver to about 7ish mate so ..fingers crossed, good job it’s not yodel you wouldn’t get it until new year, if at all haha.

Going to be delivered today. Fingers crossed; I won't need to test Dells warranty claims.

I've had many Dell monitors over the years and never had a defective panel or bad build quality... touch wood.

Soldato
Going to be delivered today. Fingers crossed; I won't need to test Dells warranty claims.

I've had many Dell monitors over the years and never had a defective panel or bad build quality... touch wood.
Mine also due to arrive today.

Last time I ordered myself a new screen was October 2011 (24" iiyama, still going strong as our CCTV monitor).

Like a kid waiting for Xmas.

Soldato
OP
Mine also due to arrive today.

Last time I ordered myself a new screen was October 2011 (24" iiyama, still going strong as our CCTV monitor).

Like a kid waiting for Xmas.

Good luck with UPS as they don't appear to know what they are doing 90% of the time. Tracking is pretty useless as it should have arrived yesterday, today no update. This isn't the first time they have let me down either; CS is a nightmare if you need to contact. Will wait and see if it shows up today, or not.

Soldato
OP
MIne arrived half an hour ago and it is a heavy box lol, not opened it yet as just back from the dentist with a numb face.

You might want to check it now. Mine arrived and the fit and finish on the left side was shocking. I have contacted Dell to arrange a collection/replacement.

Associate
Mine arrived this afternoon and been playing with around with it since.

So far its looking like a great monitor, just going to try and find if there any particular settings that are recommended to be changed.

Soldato
You might want to check it now. Mine arrived and the fit and finish on the left side was shocking. I have contacted Dell to arrange a collection/replacement.
Cheers for the heads up I will have a look and let you know. The left side do you mean the bezel or the back or the stand?

Edit. I had a quick look and seems ok, the light in here is not the best so I will have a proper look in the morning in daylight. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mine arrived this afternoon and been playing with around with it since.

So far its looking like a great monitor, just going to try and find if there any particular settings that are recommended to be changed.

I've got settings I can share at a later date.

Cheers for the heads up I will have a look and let you know. The left side do you mean the bezel or the back or the stand?

Edit. I had a quick look and seems ok, the light in here is not the best so I will have a proper look in the morning in daylight. Thanks for the heads up.

It was the left side back panel, QC issue.

I called Dell and they sent me an email to provide the evidence of the fault. Dell quoted a 24/48-hour turnaround for a Friday collection and replacement.

This will test Dell RMA procedures I thought I'd never hope to use... so let's see how good the claims are shall we?

Associate
Arrived earlier but I’ve been busy, QC seems fine, colours also look excellent to me ..got a possible slight flicker top left corner but I really need to look at it more closely to confirm, GSYNC wow it’s the 1st time I’ve owned such a monitor and it’s brilliant, negative side.. The Box is slightly damaged and I’m not quite sure as to whether I’m happy with the Backlight bleed.

Can a ask a few questions if that’s ok ? What is the manufacture date of your monitors mine showing Jan 2022 and also the Rev No mines A00 (should be on the Box and/or back of monitor) also any settings would be most welcomed Thanks guys.

Associate
Arrived earlier but I’ve been busy, QC seems fine, colours also look excellent to me ..got a possible slight flicker top left corner but I really need to look at it more closely to confirm, GSYNC wow it’s the 1st time I’ve owned such a monitor and it’s brilliant, negative side.. The Box is slightly damaged and I’m not quite sure as to whether I’m happy with the Backlight bleed.

Can a ask a few questions if that’s ok ? What is the manufacture date of your monitors mine showing Jan 2022 and also the Rev No mines A00 (should be on the Box and/or back of monitor) also any settings would be most welcomed Thanks guys.
Will have a look tomorrow.

Sounds like I am lucky with my monitor so far, Box wasn't to bad on delivery apart from a few scuff marks on the corner edges.

Associate
Cheers lads, anyone been able to update the firmware? It’s not recognising my usb 3 connection..I’ll keep trying

Edit: Sorted it, latest firmware downloaded (M3C102) which allows you to disable the lighting at the back of the monitor..nice

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just received an email from Dell Support. DPD is scheduled to collect the monitor this morning and a replacement has been dispatched.

Less than a 24-hour turnaround from reporting the issue, collection and replacement. If you're not happy don't hesitate to give them a call. Follow the support email to the T and no issues.

Back
Top Bottom