Dell G3223D

Associate
Just received an email from Dell Support. DPD is scheduled to collect the monitor this morning and a replacement has been dispatched.

Less than a 24-hour turnaround from reporting the issue, collection and replacement. If you're not happy don't hesitate to give them a call. Follow the support email to the T and no issues.
Excellent stuff, fingers crossed you get a better monitor than you’re 1st one Mr G

Soldato
OP
Excellent stuff, fingers crossed you get a better monitor than you’re 1st one Mr G

Hopefully... if not, I'll seek a refund and I'll proceed with my second option. The rear panel felt very flimsy, cheap and the fit and finish felt rushed though. So, BS QC if you ask me.

As for warranties... I'm comfortable knowing this will be honoured on my 27" for the next 3 years.

Soldato
OP
Well mine is up and running and all I can say is wow, this thing is so bright and vibrant, I have had to turn the brightness down lol.

Give these settings a try as the panel I believe is virtually identical to my 27".

Brightness: 76%
Contrast: 75%
Gain: Red: 98% / Green: 94% / Blue: 96%
Offset: Red: 50% / Green: 48% / Blue: 48%
Super Fast Response

Last edited:
Associate
Give these settings a try as the panel I believe is virtually identical to my 27".

Brightness: 76%
Contrast: 75%
Gain: Red: 98% / Green: 94% / Blue: 96%
Offset: Red: 50% / Green: 48% / Blue: 48%
Super Fast Response

Cheers I’ll also try your settings, think I’m keeping mine checked with my older Dell u2715H and tbh it looks like my older monitor had a bit more BLB than this one and I never really ever noticed that too much

I am going to bell them regarding the slightly damaged box see if they offer anything .. one thing I’ll add this thing looks massive on the desk, played a bit of RDR2 last night and if blow me away so smooth with GSYNC. 2nd monitor in 5 years I’ve had with Dell and really impressed with them.

Soldato
OP
Cheers I’ll also try your settings, think I’m keeping mine checked with my older Dell u2715H and tbh it looks like my older monitor had a bit more BLB than this one and I never really ever noticed that too much

I am going to bell them regarding the slightly damaged box see if they offer anything .. one thing I’ll add this thing looks massive on the desk, played a bit of RDR2 last night and if blow me away so smooth with GSYNC. 2nd monitor in 5 years I’ve had with Dell and really impressed with them.

It is a behemoth when compared although same design as the S2721DGFA except larger. I'd say both share the same panels too.

Associate
Your not wrong mate it’s big and beautiful.

Right after a few hours of tinkering.. I’ve used Smart HDR set to desktop on the OSD, kept brightness and contrast at the initial 75..Then gone into Nvidia Control Panel and clicked on adjust desktop colour, turned brightness down in there to 47, contrast 77 Gamma 0.86 digital vibrancy +89

Settings above Works for me so far, no doubt I’ll tinker more to get my absolute sweet spot, sincerely hope everyone who gets the G3223D enjoys it.

Soldato
OP
Your not wrong mate it’s big and beautiful.

Right after a few hours of tinkering.. I’ve used Smart HDR set to desktop on the OSD, kept brightness and contrast at the initial 75..Then gone into Nvidia Control Panel and clicked on adjust desktop colour, turned brightness down in there to 47, contrast 77 Gamma 0.86 digital vibrancy +89

Settings above Works for me so far, no doubt I’ll tinker more to get my absolute sweet spot, sincerely hope everyone who gets the G3223D enjoys it.

I'll certainly go through most of Dell's stock in replacements if required too.

Soldato
OP
Thanks to Royal Mail strikes and for DPD picking up the slack this caused many days of delays in picking up my duff monitor. Dell was not at fault here and has not delayed my replacement.

I surprisingly received a call today directly from the engineer who is currently building my replacement monitor on the production floor. As I expressed my concerns on QC, he wanted to reassure me that this will be QC inspected, tested and colour calibrated before being packed for shipping to avoid any disappointment.

Very pleased so far with the overall RMA process and looking forward to getting my hands on the monitor soon. However, I'm expecting a delay with the couriers as feedback is suggesting they are cancelling collections, deliveries and delaying by several days.

Soldato
Mine arrived on Weds, but can't install until I've finished decorating my study/den (moved in this time last year and it's the final room to do).
It's currently sat in my boot room, safely out of the way.

It'll be a nice upgrade from the 24" iiyama I bought in 2011.

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived on Weds, but can't install until I've finished decorating my study/den (moved in this time last year and it's the final room to do).
It's currently sat in my boot room, safely out of the way.

It'll be a nice upgrade from the 24" iiyama I bought in 2011.

Have you tested it?

Soldato
OP
Massive monitor ain’t it Redmogg. Can I be cheeky and ask what the manufacture date and ver number is mate,? Should be on the label on the box mines Jan 2022 and A00 cheers

Vast majority of these will be Jan22/A00 as was the duff one I had. Can't confirm what my replacement will be until hopefully Tuesday.

Soldato
OP
Monitor surprisingly turned up with UPS a day earlier than scheduled.

Build quality is slightly better and the panel was spot on out of the box with no further calibration needed.

The latest firmware was already installed from the get-go.

@adger1971 even though my monitor was produced a matter of days ago the manufacture and version remain the same of Jan22/A00.

Build quality could be better but for £310 for a QHD 32" not bad at all. S2721DGFA still holds the crown for the £250 I paid.

Associate
Monitor surprisingly turned up with UPS a day earlier than scheduled.

Build quality is slightly better and the panel was spot on out of the box with no further calibration needed.

The latest firmware was already installed from the get-go.

@adger1971 even though my monitor was produced a matter of days ago the manufacture and version remain the same of Jan22/A00.

Build quality could be better but for £310 for a QHD 32" not bad at all. S2721DGFA still holds the crown for the £250 I paid.
Nice one Mr G, thanks for the info I’m glad you’ve got a better build and that you’re calibration was spot on, I went from a 24 1080p to a 27 1440, and now on to this monster, enjoy it mate.

Back
Top Bottom