Dell S2409W 24" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor - Black

Soldato
Just looking at it now, still sitting in its box :(

Will my 7800GT OC be enough to power it at the max res?

Andy

It'll be fine for Windows - games (as I found out on my 8800GTS) aren't as happy with it. Still runs most things fine but the newer stuff is a little jerky - lol

Associate
Well got mine on Friday and was mighty impressed...until a few moments ago. A vertical red line has just appeared about 3/4 of the way across the screen, extending about 3/4 up the screen from the bottom. As it's there even across the powersave mode message with the pc turned off I can only deduce it's a problem with the monitor itself. Shall have to get in contact with Dell and hope they can give me a replacement soon! Distinct bummer!

Edit: I notice that the S2409W isn't even listed on their product page any more! A bug? Delisted until they can meet demand? Or is it a sign or something more insidious I wonder....

Last edited:
Soldato
I left mine at default (just installed the drivers) looked great with that. Haven't really messed around with the settings as I haven't had to.

M.

Soldato
OK it came! this one works :) only problem is this time I don't have a power lead... not a problem I have a few of them but still! I'll get on to Dell later.

So far, from 20" to 24" the screen feels more right for my eyes if that makes any sense, looks a lot better, and games just look amazing. I have no ghosting issues or any dead pixels.

Cons! the inside bezel of the monitor is slightly annoying, its reflective and catches the light on the sides of the monitor, also the monitors stand is crappy, not the best of movement but hey, it only cost me £185. I'm very happy for what I've spent.

Soldato
OK it came! this one works :) only problem is this time I don't have a power lead... not a problem I have a few of them but still! I'll get on to Dell later.

So far, from 20" to 24" the screen feels more right for my eyes if that makes any sense, looks a lot better, and games just look amazing. I have no ghosting issues or any dead pixels.

Cons! the inside bezel of the monitor is slightly annoying, its reflective and catches the light on the sides of the monitor, also the monitors stand is crappy, not the best of movement but hey, it only cost me £185. I'm very happy for what I've spent.

That was pretty quick of Dell! I agree the inside bezel is annoying. I can see the reflection of the mouse pointer!
I wonder if there are any other Dell monitor stands that would work with this monitor from other models?

Associate
I too couldn't be happier with Dell's customer service. Rang them up with my problem today and they're sending me a new one and picking up the old one sometime in the new year. Just hope the new one works fine!

Soldato
What do the drivers actually do? - I haven't installed them and am quite happy with it as it is.

It's basically ensuring that the monitor refreshes at the correct rate and that you can select all of the correct scren sizes for your monitor rather than hoping Windows guesses correctly.

M.

Associate
im going to buying one of these is there any difference between this and the 23inch model (Dell S2309W) apart from the screen being 1inch bigger?

The 24" has a HDMI connection which you most likely won't need. Other than that I think they are the same... x

Associate
Got one of these yesterday to replace my FUNDY Samsung 245b. Perhaps now I can play GTA4, Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise, GTI club and Warhawk without insane corruption (that's where the FUNDY comes from). Can't wait for the damn thing to be delivered :)

Back
Top Bottom