Dell U2713 HM

Soldato
I'm really struggling between the 2713HM, That ASUS PB278Q or the DGM.

The dell is the absolute extreme end of my budget. Is it worth the extra. The DGM is pretty decent and extremely cheap... but... dell... mmmm

Dangit.

If you can lookpast the backlight issue (mine had it but it was only visiable on high brightness and back screen in above pictures, not really in normal use) then it was a bargin at the dell price, mine has the dead pixel though which I cant ignore and really irritates me.

Its a fantastic monitor, ive played left 4 dead 2 on it and there is no issue with the RT that I can tell, people spend too much time getting hung up on screen statistics.

Soldato
My main game is ArmA which is not a fast paced game anyway. When it comes to games its the more RTS style stuff I play.

So for me its more about quality of picture and product.
Conectivity
and will it still be working in 5 years >.<

Besides the obvious res/size.

I feel if I get the DGM. Ill just forever regret not pushing for the dell :/

Associate
I have two U2713HM monitors and they both buzz when there's lots of black text on a white background. It's really irritating since I love everything else about the monitors, but the buzzing is a killer.

I know that previous posters on this thread have mentioned a lack of buzzing, so I wanted to double-check with a consistent test. Can people try going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun? The buzzing is present throughout that article except at the very end when there isn't as much text. I can hear it sitting 60cm from the monitors in a quiet room.

If I'm just unlucky I can try swapping these two for other monitors, otherwise I might have to return them.

Associate
I have two U2713HM monitors and they both buzz when there's lots of black text on a white background. It's really irritating since I love everything else about the monitors, but the buzzing is a killer.

I know that previous posters on this thread have mentioned a lack of buzzing, so I wanted to double-check with a consistent test. Can people try going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun? The buzzing is present throughout that article except at the very end when there isn't as much text. I can hear it sitting 60cm from the monitors in a quiet room.

If I'm just unlucky I can try swapping these two for other monitors, otherwise I might have to return them.
I tried that page on two monitors and they both have a slight buzz until I scroll down to the references. I've never heard it in any other situation in the last 2 weeks, though.

An update on my situation. I received a 2nd replacement on Wed and the backlight was much better, just a slight bleed in the top left corner but barely noticeable. Unfortunately it also has a stuck pixel so I've had UDPixel running for the last 2 days in an attempt to avoiding having to send back the first screen that has little bleed. If it's not fixed by Monday I'll have to try again...maybe 4th time's a charm :rolleyes:.

Their courier was also meant to pick up the previous monitors yesterday and no-one turned up despite me receiving an email and call from Dell saying they would take it by 5.30PM. It's re-arranged for Monday now but if they don't come again I'm selling the bloody things!

Associate
Well this is replacement No.3 that came today

backlightbleedv3_zpsf069b4ad.jpg

This is a September 2012 build, if i reduce the brightness/contrast or change the modes its better, but still not 100%

Soldato
Happy with the backlight bleed on this one. Only a very small amount from the bottom left. Manufacture date is sept 12 and build A00. Brightness set to 60 and contrast 75.

P1070760_zps32a791c9.jpg

Soldato
27 brightness on mine,black and whites are epic :D

Gaming is perfect too :)

Mine needs calibrating as the brightness is set high. You can see in the pic above how much brighter it is than the LG which was calibrated.

I will set it up tomorrow but so far I'm glad it's not buzzing and more than happy with the image. Photos look stunning on it.

Soldato
I have given it a quick visual calibration and set it up to the same levels as the LG and it looks much better. Once I get my calibration tool back I will do it properly but it is miles better now.

OCC

OCC

Associate
What cables does this monitor come with as standard? Do you just get the DVI cable and have to buy a HDMI or Display Port cable separately?

And if this is the case, what Display Port cable would I need? I have an nvidia 670 GTX, so I presume it is standard Male to Male one?

Back
Top Bottom