*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
4th monitor arrived today, and IT'S FINE!!!!!!!!!!

No dead or stuck pixels, and a lovely even white across the screen.

I'm gonna use it for a couple of days to make sure, and check it's not gonna do something ridiculous after a day of use, but I can scarcely believe it.

It's an October monitor.

Associate
I got my 4th today. Thought it was fine but it is brown all down the left hand side. Hate Dell.

Gonna keep it though as I've given up (that is not good but **** it). Can someone tell me when dell normally collect the other monitors from you? I have 3 sitting around.

Associate
Gonna keep it though as I've given up (that is not good but **** it). Can someone tell me when dell normally collect the other monitors from you? I have 3 sitting around.

I have to admit, I'm suprised Dell are happy to let their customers hang on to so many £450 monitors... I realise they are faulty but still pretty much functional... :rolleyes:

...eBay much? ;)

Is #4 better than the other three?

Last edited:
Associate
4th monitor arrived today, and IT'S FINE!!!!!!!!!!

No dead or stuck pixels, and a lovely even white across the screen.

I'm gonna use it for a couple of days to make sure, and check it's not gonna do something ridiculous after a day of use, but I can scarcely believe it.

It's an October monitor.

I wonder whether this was luck of the draw, or whether with consecutive batches things are improving... I could well be wrong, but people seem to complain more about pre-August monitors than post-August...

Associate
I have to admit, I'm suprised Dell are happy to let their customers hang on to so many £450 monitors... I realise they are faulty but still pretty much functional... :rolleyes:

...eBay much? ;)

Is #4 better than the other three?

haha, better not sell 'em. the 4th is actually pretty good. it's an october.

Associate
I arranged with Dell to have my three faulty monitors picked up today, and they didn't turn up. This is the second time they've said they would pick them up and the second time they've not done so.

So now... they are going to have to contact me - and acquiesce to my demands on when and how they get picked up, because the three of them are going in my store room in the hopes that Dell forget all about them.

Associate
is this monitor the same quality as the apple monitors as i seen one today and its fantastic, bright & crisp.

also is this a matt or shinny finish on the screen ? as the apples are shinny.

Associate
is this monitor the same quality as the apple monitors as i seen one today and its fantastic, bright & crisp.

also is this a matt or shinny finish on the screen ? as the apples are shinny.

If you have a glossy display in a dark room it will look amazing. This screen is much better in a light room though as there are no reflections.

Associate
If you have a glossy display in a dark room it will look amazing. This screen is much better in a light room though as there are no reflections.

so this monitor is a matt finish meaning no reflections ?

what about the contrast of these monitors are they black or dark gray ? and is it on par with the apples

its just i am after a 24" monitor to replace my 21" crt and i just never owned a lcd monitor and i dont know what to go for a 24" ips for £450 or a tn panel with the same ref for £250.

Associate
Well, I am pretty sure apple use the same LG panels so they are of similar quality. The blacks are very good. If you've waited this long I suggest waiting a bit longer though as this particular panel has all the issues outlined in this thread. If you get a good one though (I finally have one after going through three duffers) you will be well pleased.

Come and play the U2410 lottery!

Associate
Well, I am pretty sure apple use the same LG panels so they are of similar quality. The blacks are very good. If you've waited this long I suggest waiting a bit longer though as this particular panel has all the issues outlined in this thread. If you get a good one though (I finally have one after going through three duffers) you will be well pleased.

Come and play the U2410 lottery!

and what would the waiting do, a better monitor or better quality control for the dell ?

are overclockers giving you the proper paper work now so you can still claim the 3 years warrenty from dell ?

Back
Top Bottom