*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

So, can someone guide me to instructions on exactly how to check for any kinds of tinting or other errors and what to look for please?

Turn it on and look at it?

If it looks ok to you, then it's ok! Don't spend ages looking for problems that you may have never noticed!!

Last edited:
hi all

i recived this message today regarding the revisions.

hi there is a sticker on the side whcih says REV00A, but not usre when manufactured will have to contact my dell account mamager who can check, he is off today, also there is a date on the bottom of the box i think, it is 2009- 07-06 not sure if that is the date of manufacturing or not,

Is revision 00A latest at the moment. and manufacturing date.

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't look, wait for the issues to come to you. Seriously, in all honesty I would probably never have noticed if not for this thread and now it spoils the monitor completely. Human brain.

This +100. There is no limit to what the human brain can do with a little push in the right direction. There is a good chance the majority of you aren't using it for colour critical work anyway, so if you haven't noticed any tint yet, don't go looking for it. If it really is a problem you'll certainly notice it way before its 3 year warranty has expired.

which has a better contrast the hp or dell monitor or are both the same for contrast blackness ? which is better

does the dell of hp have any backlight bleed ?

Last edited:
hello all

quick update on mine, just recieved it today and turning it on brings tear to my eye comepare to my 8 year old eizo l565.

anyway so far no DP and also i cant see or detect the tinting using DPB tried all shades including gray and white and green.

can i ask whats the settings this best used?

i got mine:

bright - 50&

Cont - 50%

and Standard preset.

factory report results on mine:

srgb - avg delta e <5.0

Adobe srgb - = <5.0

is this any good?

Thanks

latest nerws is that DELL have a new firmware in testing right now that fixes the grany sRGB AdobeRGB issues, the firmware has not been released yet but in any case is NOT something you can do at home, you need to sent the monitor back to DELL, or ask for a replacement. As I said the firmware has not been released yet, I think you may have to wait a couple of months for DELL to get rid of the current stock and for monitors with the revised firmware start making it into the channel.
I think I am going to wait until next feb/march before buying the U2410.

As much as I like this monitor I can't afford to waste time in ordering, find that my unit has the TINT issue/grainy issue, send it back 1-2-3-4-5 times hoping to get a good unit. Especially not after ordering and sending back both a W2248h HP and a LP2475w (both rubbish units by the way..never buy HP ever again!)

Last edited:
latest nerws is that DELL have a new firmware in testing right now that fixes the grany sRGB AdobeRGB issues, the firmware has not been released yet but in any case is NOT something you can do at home, you need to sent the monitor back to DELL, or ask for a replacement. As I said the firmware has not been released yet, I think you may have to wait a couple of months for DELL to get rid of the current stock and for monitors with the revised firmware start making it into the channel.
I think I am going to wait until next feb/march before buying the U2410.

As much as I like this monitor I can't afford to waste time in ordering, find that my unit has the TINT issue/grainy issue, send it back 1-2-3-4-5 times hoping to get a good unit. Especially not after ordering and sending back both a W2248h HP and a LP2475w (both rubbish units by the way..never buy HP ever again!)

This is good AND bad news. I got a price directly from Dell that's a *lot* lower than what OCUK is selling it for, and was going to order one this week.

Decisions, decisions.

well, that explains it then :) you can always try to order one and see how it goes, as I did for the HPs and then send it back it is faulty/you don't like it.

TO be honest a lot of the guys on this board are quite picky, yes sometimes the problem can be very evident, some other times is just subtle...but obviously becomes A PROBLEM once you spotted it and keep looking for it.

I am the latter kind of user, I start scanning my screen for imperfections and then decide where I can work with them and get used to it or not.

But saying that, if you got a good deal you could always get one, wait 4-5 months and then call DELL for a replacement which hopefully will have all the flaws sorted out.

Last edited:
I completely agree with what has been said here... if the problem hasn't jumped out at you, don't go seeking it out! I am a guy who likes perfection - as are the majority of the 'prosumers' on this forum - but if I hadn't gone and read up on all the problems with this monitor, I doubt I would have spotted them in day-to-day use.

That said, I think I have been quite lucky with my purchases. The first went back to OCUK as it was lacking a "Work Order Number" but also because I felt I was constantly fighting with the settings (there was a noticeable green tint across the entire monitor that only I could see (incredibly disconcerting when you think you cannot trust your eyes), and the sharpness settings just never seemed right - text always seemed a little bit 'off').

The second monitor was purchased from elsewhere, and I was able to run the two side by side for a day. The whole-screen green tint and sharpness issues were most definitely there on #1 but not #2 - which was perfect except for a slight green/pink tint in the left/right top corner respectively. This only really appeared on light grey backgrounds (a la BBC News) rather than on white - but is now barely visible.

I am (clearly) no expert on monitor technology but was wondering whether it is possible that the monitor has evened itself out over the past few weeks? I'm guessing all those who returned theirs because of tint issues did so pretty much immediately. Thoughts?

hi all,well for me i have not noticed any problems,oki i only use it for web browsing,but where it really shines is in games its the best monitor i have ever had for gaming,its a shame some ppl have problems with this monitor as it is really a great gaming monitor...hope you get yours sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom