*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
They eventually gave me an order number via email, but it was for ino-tech, not taran.

I think you should at least wait for A01 with the SRGB dithering fix. a 27" panel is also on it's way.

Associate
sorry what i ment is i am wanting to build a whole new system and try out my new windows 7 on it but i need to make sure i choise well for a monitor to go with it as i am replacing a crt 21" iiyama ma203dt.

this is why i just dont know what to get, but does anyone one know when the A01 will be out next week or 2 months i am after a build and new monitor before xmas.

thanks

Associate
As for the guy trying to get a replacement, send OCUK a webnote requesting a works order number and ring Dell. Provide the number and If you are lucky they will replace.

ATI

ATI

Associate
I arranged with Dell to have my three faulty monitors picked up today, and they didn't turn up. This is the second time they've said they would pick them up and the second time they've not done so.

So now... they are going to have to contact me - and acquiesce to my demands on when and how they get picked up, because the three of them are going in my store room in the hopes that Dell forget all about them.

i take it all these with dead pixels have the tints?

let me know if they up for sale :)

ATI

ATI

Associate
hey baddass

how are ya?

its been a year or 2 since i last posted here.

you can guess what i,m after :) i was going after the next one up from the dell we spoke about a while ago which is the 2407-WFP and i remmber all the issues with the 2405 but after 3 monitors i got there in the end.

it looks like the same story this time round lol

well i,m after a new one and this U2410 caught my eye.

well i take it need to look out for the:

- Rev A00 - only 1 (it took 4 rev for the 2405 to be the monitor that should have been)

- Pink and Green tint on white BG.

- Latest Manufacturing date

- work order no (this is new)

is there anythong else i missed?

and reading the review as i,m typing this on TFC.

hope you and everyone on here is doing well and yaaaa ive been through the same headache with my 2405 but this time round i dont have the time for this so if you or the guys tell me steer away and get another make i will.

Thanks

Associate
As for the guy trying to get a replacement, send OCUK a webnote requesting a works order number and ring Dell. Provide the number and If you are lucky they will replace.

so are overclockers still messing there customers around is it hard to get the info you need for dell from them can you still get your 3 year warrenty from dell and why do overclockers not just send you the info in the first place

Associate
i take it all these with dead pixels have the tints?

let me know if they up for sale :)
They all have 'the tint' (some worse than others) and no dead or stuck pixels. However, I'm gonna have to stay silent for a long time before I can consider doing anything with them. I have a feeling Dell will notice... but not for a while!

ATI

ATI

Associate
@ blue alert

no worries, i just hope if i get one i will beone of the lucky ones

so is that all i need to look out for this one:

tint tested in white screen

pixel issues

and rev no?

thanks

Associate
Guys - i've had this monitor a while and didn't open it because i was thinking of returning it due to the issues that seem to come up with them. Well, I phoned OCUK to return it and they said I have had it too long so I can't return it /sigh. So, can someone guide me to instructions on exactly how to check for any kinds of tinting or other errors and what to look for please?
Many thanks,
Dub

Associate
Guys - i've had this monitor a while and didn't open it because i was thinking of returning it due to the issues that seem to come up with them. Well, I phoned OCUK to return it and they said I have had it too long so I can't return it /sigh. So, can someone guide me to instructions on exactly how to check for any kinds of tinting or other errors and what to look for please?
Many thanks,
Dub

Don't look, wait for the issues to come to you. Seriously, in all honesty I would probably never have noticed if not for this thread and now it spoils the monitor completely. Human brain.

Light grey background will show the tint issue more than a white background.

Soldato
The thing is there's only a few people in this thread having issues. There may be many others who don't have any or haven't got keen enough eyes to notice the tiny imperfections. I'm probably one of the latter. I haven't really had any issues with mine although it's possible that someone else could pick faults with it. So far though, it's been great and I'm happy with it, as is probably the case with countless others.

Back
Top Bottom