*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
I was considering a U2410 purely because I want a decent monitor, I skimped last time and bought some budget Acer monitors, they are good until you want to watch a film.

What decent alternatives are there to the Dell U2410

Soldato
If you do suffer from the problem, there is a post in this thread in reply to mine not too far back that gives a good idea of how to tune the colours right.
After about 30-1hr of tweaking I got it pretty much perfect. The U2410 is easily miles better than the 2407 a04 I have sitting next to it, so much so I may replace it with one or possibly two. :D

Associate
One "bad" one and I give up, more worried about pixels being dead/stuck tbh. I am colour blind so my monitor is probably all messed up anyhow!

Associate
£$%^*"£ DPD...Arghhhhhh!!!

Paid for Saturday delivery, phone them @ 12.30 to see where it was "Oh it's here sir, due to be delivered....NEXT SATURDAY".

I asked if I could collect it from the depot "Of course sir, I will get it out for you now".

Got the depot, "We don't have that package here, it's in BIRMINGHAM".

Good enough Gary (OcUK) has given me a full refund of the postage costs, but I HATE COURIERS :mad:

Associate
I am now unfathomably angry. I went through 4 of these monitors before I got one that was even half decent. I decided to accept defeat. Now I am well outside of the 30 dyas new exchange period and guess what? The power LED has started flickering constantly. It's very distracting.

Does anyone know how to get hold of somebody high up in Dell? I want to have a serious word.

I might sell it on ebay as is and get the NEC 23", what do you guys reckon?

In the meantime, for those of you who are yet to be ripped off, DO NOT BUY THIS MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get a refurb it WILL have tint issues because so many have been returned.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn and I thought I was having bad luck!

Am I right in saying DSR starts on delivery of the product not despatch (Not got a good feeling about this anymore :rolleyes:)?

Associate
Yes, but as I wanted 1920x1200 resolution and the Samsung I fancied is Out Of Stock I didn't have much choice.

Now because of DPD's delivery fiasco and OcUK stepping up with a refund of the delivery costs I suppose at least I can return it at minimal cost to me.

I would be interested to know how many of these are sold without issue as you tend to hear more from people having problems with a product rather than the ones just singing its praises?

Associate
Associate
Power LED now dead.

Apparently after reading about, this is the 3rd known and common issue with this screen. I'm sorry but if anyone buys this monitor after reading this thread they are a complete fool.

STOP. DO NOT BUY!

Associate
I'm trying to save you a lot of bother. Just return it, they wont mind as it's within 7 days. + from what you say you shouldn't be buying an expensive monitor anyway.

Back
Top Bottom