*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
I JUST learned my iiyama monitor I have been using for years is an IPS Panel (I thought the vewing angles were good :)). Going to pop over to the local place one evening and see if they have the NEC on display...

Am I ok to test the Dell as long as I am careful with the packaging etc?

Associate
...ehm...would you really fork out more than 500 pounds for a 27" DELL??? after all the issues we are having with the U2410? the 2711 will have a similar panel as the U2410 very likely to show the same range of issues, I myself I have witnessed a 27" iMAC in the Apple Store with a green blurb in the middle of the screen, not as bad as I have seen on the , many, U2410 I have laid my hands on, but still very noticeable, and I am talking about an Apple product with the notorios Apple QC...imagine what ia going to come out from DELL factories.....

Associate
I can't decide what to do with mine now, it's fine apart from the power LED and I only really want rid out of protest.

What do you guys reckon?

Associate
I know this doesn't help you Alfie but I almost find the LED distracting anyway. Don't get me wrong I would be mad as hell in your situation and I really do feel bad for you!

Associate
I know this doesn't help you Alfie but I almost find the LED distracting anyway. Don't get me wrong I would be mad as hell in your situation and I really do feel bad for you!

That's what i need, I need people to talk me out of my OCD! I take it you'd not bother risking a refurb then?

Associate
HELP!!! Has anyone tried a Wii component cable with the new firmware when set to HDTV mode? It looks crap like the display region has been switched or something :( (wavy lines etc). The flash is the only thing I think could have caused it. It was working perfect before and it still looks fine in composite mode with a normal composite cable.

Either that or the component cable just stopped working, annoyingly I don't have anything else I could try the component cable with.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't decide what to do with mine now, it's fine apart from the power LED and I only really want rid out of protest.

What do you guys reckon?

send it back. it's got a fault, they must have a year at least. then get a different monitor. you aint going to be happy with this one whatever. it's gone psycological on yo ass.

Soldato
Could you post a similar picture so that I can see the difference?

Sure :)

Unfortunately I only have my old phone handy at the moment (n95-8) but it gives an idea.

As you can see, now the 2407 is producing images that are too warm. You can see the colour tones are more vibrant but they aren't supposed to be that vibrant.
You can also see blacks getting 'lost' as it were, many parts are too dark or blend where they shouldn't.

Associate
send it back. it's got a fault, they must have a year at least. then get a different monitor. you aint going to be happy with this one whatever. it's gone psycological on yo ass.

This got me thinking. Lets me totally honest here, this monitor comes with a 30 day warranty. Full Stop!! After that they can only provide one that's worse than the faulty original. The three year warranty from dell is a massive con!!

Back
Top Bottom