Delta Force: Hawk Ops

Yep jack showed that in his latest video - no ad-hoc destruction which is a shame. The only destruction in the game appears to be scripted events
I wish someone would just do a remake of BF2.

Battlefield 3 was peak battlefield for me.

In other news, the open alpha (current gameplay is from a closed pre-alpha to a specific group of people) has been delayed

Last edited:

Already a thread

Yep jack showed that in his latest video - no ad-hoc destruction which is a shame. The only destruction in the game appears to be scripted events

Battlefield 3 was peak battlefield for me.

In other news, the open alpha (current gameplay is from a closed pre-alpha to a specific group of people) has been delayed

BF3 was nerfed to allow console's to run the game, BF2 was afaik the last BF that existed before this happened. The maps were literally 1/4 of the size in 3. All imo :)

I think that's just hating on console for console's sake. Battlefield 3 was still a massive upgrade on battlefield 2 and on PC still had 64 player dedicated servers and the PC version had larger map sizes than on console with more flags etc.. Some of the old BF2 maps were just acres and acres of open space and too much wasted space.

Caspian border, Noshahr Canals, Operation Métro all peak battlefield. And that's before we talk about Damavand Peak rush. Hoping this can capture some of that magic , There really has been nowhere else up until now to get that battlefield feel, apart from playing battlefield. About time it had some competition.

Already a thread

Apologies, looked but never found it. Happy for a mod to merge the 2 threads together.

Last edited:
Anyone got into the Alpha yet? I got the emails to do the survey a couple of times and filled it in but not heard yet. I'm excited for this for nostalgia sake even though I don't play many shooters these days.

Played the closed Alpha and can't make my mind up whether I like it or not. I am/was a massive BF fan and it does feel a lot like a BF game, but not necessarily the better BF games with sprinkles of Warzone/CoD here and there. Looks and runs decent and plays pretty well, just some of the mechanics and the class/hero system I disliked. The different ammo types only affecting certain armour is a pain in a battle and you're shooting at someone and doing very little damage as you don't have the right ammo.

These things can be patched and will probably change and improve, but think I'm more looking forward to the updated BHD campaign.

Anyone got into the Alpha yet? I got the emails to do the survey a couple of times and filled it in but not heard yet. I'm excited for this for nostalgia sake even though I don't play many shooters these days.
I have done the survey etc as well. In the FAQ they have said if chosen you will receive an email with a code on the 5th August.

Is this out yet?
I loved Delta force games - 2 and land warrior I seem to remember were really good.

This looks pretty decent and hopefully the monetisation isn't too intrusive, although it only looks like cosmetics, Operator unlocks and DLC will be paid.

Is this out yet?
I loved Delta force games - 2 and land warrior I seem to remember were really good.
Loved the huge multiplayer maps in D.F.2 and complete freedom to roam and to allow proper long range sniping with bullet drop physics, all 1sts afaik, amazing to think this was the late 90's! Spent many hours playing it, used to play well into the early hours sometimes, and often played against a few good friends while using Roger Wilko for voice chat, ah the memories :)

Last edited:
I LOVED the original. It was one of the first games I played after getting my first ever dedicated graphics cards back in the 90's.

FPS's have come so far now that I doubt they will be able to capture the same thing again for this series.

Got my "PC Alpha Test Invitation" email this morning but when trying to register in the launcher, I'm not receiving the verification code by email :(

Anyone managed to complete registration?

Signed up weeks ago on steam and also on the website but received nothing, although the devs tweeted early this morning that the keys were being sent out today

Got the invite to the alpha today so hopefully have some free time tomorrow to have a go. Believe it releases midnight on 6th but not looked at which timezone as I won't be able to play until the evening.

Back
Top Bottom