Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
Cleaning, snatching, snatching, cleaning.

Friday: Cleans

These felt terrible until I upped the weight...time to start doing more at 50 and progress from there. Need to work on foot placement during the jerk, as it's somewhat sporadic.

Also I think there's a couple of bails in there, didn't job it on my leg this time which is a bonus as its still numb from the last couple of months.

Monday 21st: Snatches

Noice. Felt better this week, couple of funny ones naturally. Trained with another dude I've not seen before who gave me some pointers which helped.

Seem to suddenly be snatching more this week after having issues, it seems I developed a fear of being crushed the last month and stopped getting under the bar....Hopefully behind that now.

Man of Honour
Thanks bud I'll take a look.

I've read about sliding more (my feet) but its hard to do with rubber soled shoes..

Ah, yes - I forget most world-class weight lifters start out training in roller skates... ;)

Jerk balance looks like a good drill. For you, however, you probably just want to get under the bar. Load the bar up to 60/70kg and try again - if it works, you'll be a legend. If it doesn't... Bail and try again.

Caporegime
OP
Ah, yes - I forget most world-class weight lifters start out training in roller skates... ;)

Jerk balance looks like a good drill. For you, however, you probably just want to get under the bar. Load the bar up to 60/70kg and try again - if it works, you'll be a legend. If it doesn't... Bail and try again.

You know what I mean, some shoes have more of a wooden bottom to them.

I'll look it up dude, cleans on Friday so I'll give it a go, I've done clean in to split jerk at 60kg a few times.

Man of Honour
Not really - weightlifting shoes have rubber-soles bottoms becaues sliding in them would be pretty dangerous.

What you're actually seeing in the videos/tutorials is people jumping and moving their feet: the idea, however, is to do so in a manner which results in the greatest velocity for the least effort (i.e. to maximise the stability in the shortest amount of time)... so no weightlifter slides their feet... they just move so fast/low/efficiently that the term seems applicable.

It isn't, IMHO.

Caporegime
OP
Fridays clean session:

Still working on being speedy and getting under the bar, something i struggle with apparently. However, managed 60kg again which I'm pleased with, not the best but something to improve on.

Jerk balance didn't work at 60kg at all, just about worked at 40kg :o

Caporegime
OP
Ooh I'll take a look. There was another 50kg set but it didn't want to be cropped apparently.

Yeah, it wasn't the best rep at 60kg but something to work on at least :)

I watched those videos above, so I have an idea on what to do this week anyway...Currently my backs being an arse so I'll see if i can sort that out also.

On the plus side, I've managed to fit in to my 36" jeans again after wearing my 40" ones for the best part of a year :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Snatches on Monday were terrible. Back has been shoddy for the last week or two...Even though I can't really afford it I'm going to see the Wizard on Friday to just see if anything is majorly up and just get a general beating.

Also seeing the GP Tuesday to see how much they're willing to help me now, I'm pretty much generally in some form of discomfort on a daily basis.

Man of Honour
Mirin Doovis' log

For someone who is such a mardy phaggot these days, you've sure come along way in knowing more than most on here about lifting properly as opposed to just going in and doing a random array of exercises

Caporegime
OP
Snatches on Monday were terrible. Back has been shoddy for the last week or two...Even though I can't really afford it I'm going to see the Wizard on Friday to just see if anything is majorly up and just get a general beating.

Also seeing the GP Tuesday to see how much they're willing to help me now, I'm pretty much generally in some form of discomfort on a daily basis.

Right, so....according to the wizard my Gluteus Minimus is causing me a world of issues, in hurts my back, because its making my hips tight (which can be seen during squats and lunges) and it is also affecting my right foot this affecting how I walk which puts everything else out of balance.

Soon as the glute min was attacked my foot felt amazing...the only downside at the moment is getting to the glute min can be a beach. However, I have lady exercise to hopefully switch it on a bit more prior to training.

Also, this thing:
g8hI41l.jpg
Is amazing

So, hoping I have something to work on now, not sure whether to bother with the gp now or see if they can offer any kind of help in terms of.maybe seeing an NHS osteo? Not sure.

Man of Honour
Great to hear you are getting stuff sorted! :)

And osteopaths are classed as "not real medicine" and therefore subject to a GP's discretion... Assuming you find one that has an open mind.

Caporegime
OP

And osteopaths are classed as "not real medicine" and therefore subject to a GP's discretion... Assuming you find one that has an open mind.

I know,its annoying...yet they're methods have done more than any physio I've seen before....

There are some.NHS osteos, but how you see them I don't know

Caporegime
OP

So, I booked in to see a physio after being told Osteopaths are a blanket no, receive the letter with the following:

Clinical Role: Senior Osteopath

......Thank you, GP, apparently I can see an Osteopath :mad: The hilarious thing is I've been to this practice before, so God only knows. I queried the appointment and the Osteo confirmed she is, in fact, an Osteo.

So the good news is, I can have semi-regular appointments seeing an Osteo now without shedding a bucket load of petrol and parking, she also seems pretty decent and is keen to go down routes that haven't been looked at.

First session went well, got pulled around a lot and then had a beasting on my back, which helped. She's given me some things to take away and give a go then report back, next appointment is three weeks time. Hopefully I can get to a point where I'm happy now.

Still training, took last week off because I just could not be bothered, so back in this week just moving the bar around really.

Caporegime
OP
Bummmmmmmmmmp

So yeah, osteo was pointless really, she basically just gave up.

Anyway, not lifted in a year I think, can't remember now. So, signed up to the gym again, going to spend this week and next just going through some movements with light weights.

Squats are still as horrible as they've always been

Back
Top Bottom