Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
I prefer narrow stance, just allows me to stiffen up and brace my core a lot easily than wider. Also has helped me get my new numbers even if some people say narrow stance is supposed to be harder :confused:

I'll have a play, never thought about it too much, just tend to not go past wider than shoulders.

But as you say, narrow is theoretically harder, can't explain it right now for some reason...You move around more basically, meaning you need to brace more.

Single arms still going to murder me.

Caporegime
OP
Surely single arm means more need for controlling the weight, better control, better muscle building potential :p

Plus you can focus on that arms technique more :p

kd

The single arm ohp has highlighted some weaknesses in my core/bracing technique.

I also just like doing it and find it doesn't aggravate my shoulder. Try it when you start training mate :)

Man of Honour
Single arm DB press is awesome. It basically highlights the fact that you can have a very strong system (in this example, "pushing") that is incredibly dysfunctional and riddled with compensations. Single arm while standing stops all cheating.

Btw, the next level is with an inverted kettlebell.

Goodnight sweet ego - I started with 8kg :(

Caporegime
OP
Single arm DB press is awesome. It basically highlights the fact that you can have a very strong system (in this example, "pushing") that is incredibly dysfunctional and riddled with compensations. Single arm while standing stops all cheating.

Btw, the next level is with an inverted kettlebell.

Goodnight sweet ego - I started with 8kg :(

As I do, makes me look like a girl even more so :p

We don't have kettle bells at the school gym, sucks man, and the gym next door is terrible...it doesn't even have a frigging squat rack :(

Caporegime
OP
Thursday 15th Nov: core and shoulders:

• Mobility
  • Land mines +5kg: 10, 10, 10.
  • Planks supersetted with Pallof press (band): Planks: 3x50s. Pallof press: 3x10. - Brutal.
  • OHP: 10xBar, 10x30kg (last two reps slow), 9x30kg (rep 9 slow), 8x27.5kg straight on to 5x25kg.
  • SA.OHP: 10's: 7 (LOOOL). 7.5's: 2x14.
  • Arnold press: 10's: 10, 11, 9 (failed rep 10)

All in all, good, BB OHP killed me though.

Friday 16th November: Back

• Mobility
  • Deadlifts: WU: 10x60kg, 4x80kg, 2x100kg. WS: 120kg: 5. 122.5kg: 5, 6. (PB WOOOP)
  • BOR's supersetted with reverse grip BOR's: BOR's: 42.5kgx10, 45kgx10, 50kgx14. RG.BOR's: 42.5kgx10, 45kgx10, 50kgx10 (+Set: 40kgx14, slow neg)
  • Single arm row: 3 second negatives @ 20kg: 10, 12, 14.

Deadlifts were weird, didn't feel good when I stepped in the gym or did 100kg, did the 120kg and it was alright, added weight to it, went amazing, go figure.

Lat pump throughout was SWEET today, loved it, definitely playing with negatives again in other workouts.

Deadlifts @ 122.5kg is a PB, so can't moan. :)

Associate
Nice work mate.

Yeah, sometimes those sessions where you have to drag yourself into doing anything are the best. All the more reason to never miss a session :p.

Caporegime
OP
OHP wasnt too bad man, lower back wasnt as bad as the other week, tried to concentrate on keeping my chest up not arch the lower back too much, worked kinda well.

Haha! True dom, surprised they went up like they did, all good though, will hopefully push for 125 next week.

Soldato
Nice work on the deadlifts delves, your really chasing my tail on these, I have a feeling your gonna overtake me on deads :(

Need to get my arse down to see ice and Dom lol

Back
Top Bottom