1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENIS

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by PDW, Sep 1, 2015.

1. currob

Hitman

Thanks for the update, I've mostly switched back to FAH and WCG for now but still running DENIS on my NAS :D

2. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

Dennis has run out so switched back to nfs for now.

3. colinmcr

Wise Guy

Wondering how to explain changing over tasks to the wife over the phone ! Was bad enough last night telling her how to install microsoft office !

4. PDW

Wise Guy

They had a problem getting the work fed into the system, it's fixed now and work is available :)

Colin, you should set a backup project for when things like this happen. Most projects (but not all) let you set priority as 0 so will only download when you have no other work to keep your cpus busy.

5. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

or just install Team viewer on pc and whatever your using while your away and do it yourself

6. Berserker

Man of Honour

For anyone who is still running DENIS, please note that the project admins have asked for any optimised apps to be removed as they're about to release a new version.

If you feel like waiting for a few days, you may get a little work as existing tasks time out, but there will be no new work for the current version.

http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/forum_thread.php?id=88

It was definitely fun while it lasted. I've never had a 100k+ RAC before, that's for sure!

7. picnic

Wise Guy

Disaster - just as I was closing in on the 885K Mountain Badge.

8. ozaudio

Mobster

ye I was chugging along nicely , I swapped to malariacontrol but the WU's seem to start of fast but then grind down to been very slow, I thought maybe they changed the points you get as they take much longer than they use to, but nope, only a few points per unit for doing units that takes ages. any body else run malaria control and have this problem

9. hanluc

Mobster

I'm running malariacontrol now, looking at your 4690K production it seems about right, your ppd is around 6-7K but MC is a low scoring boinc project I'm afraid.

10. Senture

Wise Guy

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just realised my Xeon rig has run out of tasks as it has the AVX2 optimised app in place :o

11. currob

Hitman

Thanks for the update, still have some tasks left on my nas, very close to 6 mil points now. Presumably all I do is delete the two app files that i unzipped in the first place then restart boinc.