Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
No doubt you would have have been all over Trump for "politicising it" if he were President now, and asked a direct question about it then gave an opinion...

No

Sleepy Joe has just confirmed what most thought already, he's going senile.

Unbelievably stupid comments that will be used to overturn the verdict if he is found guilty.

Why? The jury won't hear it.

Maxine Waters was the real idiot.

Soldato
America needs to split. There are 2 diametrically opposed sides that want to shape society in fundamentally different ways. If forced to live together it will end in conflict that Progressives will lose horribly. If it does happen, Progressives will be fleeing to the Conservative side once the consequences of their horrible ideas take full effect.

Europe is same, only about 10 years behind.

Soldato
I think it's bad that politicians are wading in with their opinions, not just because I don't agree with most of them - but because it just doesn't seem proper, not whilst the jury are busy deliberating, they should save their opinions (whatever they are) for later. Once the jury who've been sworn to decide the damn thing, return their verdict.

indeed, does not inspire confidence to hear the president supposedly falling for the court of public opinion. the "right" verdict should be what the jury, having considered the evidence presented to them, decides.

otherwise might as well just string folk up the moment it starts trending on twitter, would save a lot of time in the long run.

Caporegime
Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for certain, you and others on here would be slamming Trump for doing that, but Biden... Meh.

Not if the jury had already been sequestered.

Of course Trump already did have an opinion:

It was a terrible thing; it should never have happened; something snapped, I think, with the policeman, and the other three watching it were – I guess you can't put it in the same category, but it was certainly in a very bad category," Mr Trump said.

"Nothing good comes out of that. Nope, that was a very bad thing."

Man of Honour
It would be hilarious if the case got thrown out on appeal because of those desperate to see a guilty verdict at any cost, I would love to see their implosion from that

Why would they implode? I would expect that outcome to be their intention. They don't want any peace other than the peace of everyone being required to be obedient to their ideology. They want racism. They want division. They want people to be an angry mob because an angry mob is a politically useful tool. They want a lack of law enforcement as that creates a power vacuum for them to fill and gives them more scope for using intimidation and violence to compel obedience and suppress dissent. That's why the police are their main target, at least initially.

In short, I think that they're deliberately doing what they're doing.

Soldato
The butt hurt in here because Trump lost to "sleepy Joe". What does that say about Trump that as the incumbent he lost to someone who you all believe can't string two words together... oh let me guess, he didn't lose, it was stolen :cry::cry:

Its not like Trump never commented on the trails of Manafort, Stone, he even tried to get his AG to drop charges against two GOP Congressmen, that is arguably obstruction of justice. Those two both then pleaded guilty and then got pardoned. The hypocrisy in here I would say is astonishing but its pretty much standard.

The jury is locked away in a hotel with no access to any media. They have no idea what is being said by anyone. Don't let facts get in the way of some faux outrage though.

Soldato
The butt hurt in here because Trump lost to "sleepy Joe". What does that say about Trump that as the incumbent he lost to someone who you all believe can't string two words together... oh let me guess, he didn't lose, it was stolen :cry::cry:

Its not like Trump never commented on the trails of Manafort, Stone, he even tried to get his AG to drop charges against two GOP Congressmen, that is arguably obstruction of justice. Those two both then pleaded guilty and then got pardoned. The hypocrisy in here I would say is astonishing but its pretty much standard.

The jury is locked away in a hotel with no access to any media. They have no idea what is being said by anyone. Don't let facts get in the way of some faux outrage though.

They were sequestered yesterday, they could easily have seen the news before then, as the defense stated, it's impossible not to see something, it's plastered all over the place.

Permabanned
America needs to split. There are 2 diametrically opposed sides that want to shape society in fundamentally different ways. If forced to live together it will end in conflict that Progressives will lose horribly. If it does happen, Progressives will be fleeing to the Conservative side once the consequences of their horrible ideas take full effect.

Europe is same, only about 10 years behind.

Ukraine was always divided between Pro Europe and Pro Russia with about 50/50 split. Yet we're supporting the Pro EU side and pretend the Pro Russian side is just Putin bots.

Also kinda shocking to see Waters calling for violence in House if Chauvin is acquitted. I mean that is some next level pressure on jury. Why dont we just skip to mob rule already.

Soldato
They were sequestered yesterday, they could easily have seen the news before then, as the defence stated, it's impossible not to see something, it's plastered all over the place.

They are instructed not to read or watch anything to do with this case, they should have the good sense to not watch any news, not read newspapers and stay away from all social media, they can just watch Netflix for a couple of weeks. Arguably there is a far better case in all high profile cases that a fair trial is impossible due to the ridiculous amounts of coverage from the press and social media. They are told to set all their opinions aside, if they can do that, they can ignore a comment no matter how stupid from a Congresswoman.

Soldato
Ukraine was always divided between Pro Europe and Pro Russia with about 50/50 split. Yet we're supporting the Pro EU side and pretend the Pro Russian side is just Putin bots.

Also kinda shocking to see Waters calling for violence in House if Chauvin is acquitted. I mean that is some next level pressure on jury. Why dont we just skip to mob rule already.

It's like that episode of black mirror where everyone gets a social media app and can vote on everything, even get to rate people with a score if you like them or not!

Caporegime
OP
OMG, they've reached a verdict already!!!!

That was quicker than I thought, I wonder perhaps if they have gone with a murder conviction then!

I was expecting some arguing with the majority going for manslaughter... but a quicker verdict and I'm now wondering about one of the extremes, murder or not guilty!

Associate
They are instructed not to read or watch anything to do with this case, they should have the good sense to not watch any news, not read newspapers and stay away from all social media, they can just watch Netflix for a couple of weeks. Arguably there is a far better case in all high profile cases that a fair trial is impossible due to the ridiculous amounts of coverage from the press and social media. They are told to set all their opinions aside, if they can do that, they can ignore a comment no matter how stupid from a Congresswoman.

{edit}

I think the evidence from the toxicology department cannot be ignored. I'm more willing to believe the results of a mass spectrometer than I am people (even more so today).

Last edited:
Soldato
OMG, they've reached a verdict already!!!!

That was quicker than I thought, I wonder perhaps if they have gone with a murder conviction then!

I was expecting some arguing with the majority going for manslaughter... but a quicker verdict and I'm now wondering about one of the extremes, murder or not guilty!

More likely to be manslaughter, there was no intention to kill and it wasn't pre-meditated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom