Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Looks like in about 20 mins (9:30pm GMT)

I hope the police crunches down on any rioting tonight whatever the verdict is. I'm sick to bloody death of people taking advantage of the situation to cause anarchy and steal stuff whenever they see the opportunity.

If American's want to set their country on fire, that is up to them.

Associate
With it being so quick, I think they will come back with guilty of second degree murder (not seen any of the trial). I think the jury will be too frightened to come back with anything less given the interference from politicians.

Caporegime
With it being so quick, I think they will come back with guilty of second degree murder (not seen any of the trial). I think the jury will be too frightened to come back with anything less given the interference from politicians.

If the jury is afraid, then they should push for mistrial... anything else would be illogical unless the evidence proves or disproves the case.

Soldato
So my understanding is they have to come back with verdicts for all three charges, they can find him guilty or not guilty of all charges - or a mixture of guilty / not guilty.

I'll be quite suprised if they do find him guilty of second degree murder, as I just didn't see the intent from the evidence, but maybe I'm wrong, I didn't sit through all of it.

Soldato

You are welcome to your opinion, my opinion is that is nonsense. You don't get 12 people agreeing to convict someone because they are afraid. If someone even suggested that in the jury room it should/would be reported to the judge.

Caporegime
OP
I'd assume, given the makeup of the jury, it isn't going to be not guilty - would surely be at least one hold out given the number of young people on there... and given there isn't a hung jury then...

Soldato
So my understanding is they have to come back with verdicts for all three charges, they can find him guilty or not guilty of all charges - or a mixture of guilty / not guilty.

I'll be quite suprised if they do find him guilty of second degree murder, as I just didn't see the intent from the evidence, but maybe I'm wrong, I didn't sit through all of it.

3rd degree murder doesn't require intent.

Caporegime
I think it's likely that Water's comment will be used to appeal and it'll be ironic if a future verdict is reduced, especially so if the case is thrown out entirely.

Caporegime
Some expert on ABC news predicting one of the murder charges.
The BBC have been lining up commentators who all predict guilty on all 3 counts. Can't say I'm surprised (at the predictions).

(Which isn't to say that I predicted anything one way or the other, just that I'm not surprised the BBC would have as guests people who predict guilty on all charges :p)

Associate
i always thought if you kill someone but don't mean to its manslaughter am i wrong and you should never run a legal system because you are worried about the potential of mob justice or riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom