Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I think there is no way they acquitted him, especially as they reached verdict so fast. The media and societal pressure is beyond, no way jury is not afraid of repercussions.

EDIT:

I take that back, they deliberated for what total of 8 hours?? Well this is going to be interesting.

Caporegime
OP
This was my estimate - clearly I was massively wrong re: a mistrial (mostly considering a hung jury there than a judge decision though the latter did come a bit close at the end), I wonder if I'm going to be massively wrong re: manslaughter too now:

My current thinking re: the chances of the various outcomes from the jury is:

second-degree murder: 5%
third-degree murder: 15%
second-degree manslaughter: 35%
mistrial: 35%
not guilty: 10%

Given the speed of the verdict, I think I'd revise the above a bit... essentially squashing the distribution down to give a bit more weight to the extremes.

Soldato
This was my estimate - clearly I was massively wrong re: a mistrial (mostly considering a hung jury there than a judge decision though the latter did come a bit close at the end), I wonder if I'm going to be massively wrong re: manslaughter too now:

I had roughly the same sorts of prediction.

Although - they only deliberated for around 10 hours, could the even find him guilty of murder 2 and consider everything else in that time? it seems really fast.

Soldato

Given the speed of the verdict, I think I'd revise the above a bit... essentially squashing the distribution down to give a bit more weight to the extremes.

I'd be shocked if it's not manslaughter or not guilty

Soldato
OMG, they've reached a verdict already!!!!

That was quicker than I thought, I wonder perhaps if they have gone with a murder conviction then!

I was expecting some arguing with the majority going for manslaughter... but a quicker verdict and I'm now wondering about one of the extremes, murder or not guilty!

They took 2 hours to find simpson not guilty I think.

Permabanned
'Jurors deliberated for four hours on Monday and resumed deliberating this morning at 8 a.m. CT (9 a.m. ET). The court did not specify in the notice when jurors stopped deliberating today' CNN

Why is everyone here thinking they reached decision fast? Is that still considered extremely quickly for jury deliberations?

Sgarrista
Commissario
'Jurors deliberated for four hours on Monday and resumed deliberating this morning at 8 a.m. CT (9 a.m. ET). The court did not specify in the notice when jurors stopped deliberating today' CNN

Why is everyone here thinking they reached decision fast?

The number of witnesses and the huge amount of evidence.

Soldato
When will they announce it then?

Looks like in about 20 mins (9:30pm GMT)

I hope the police crunches down on any rioting tonight whatever the verdict is. I'm sick to bloody death of people taking advantage of the situation to cause anarchy and steal stuff whenever they see the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom