Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Simple solution. Just let blacks get on with committing crime and refuse to arrest them. See how long it takes for people to realise the problem isn't the cops.
If they want to destroy their own communite's and shops let them get on with it they only have themselves to blame when the business owners don't come back.

Caporegime
The expression in his eyes when that first verdict was read out, was very much "wtf".

Absolutely no way in the world was he guilty of pre-meditated murder. The jury have obviously been influenced by the media/news, if this verdict isn't overturned. America is up a creek without a paddle.

None of the charges here require premeditation as far as I understand it.

Caporegime
OP
You saw the witness list, I posted it. There were more police on it, they just didn't call them all, they didn't need them.

That doesn't negate the obvious effect here! Might not be "today" per se as the other poster claimed but that department is struggling re: losing officers already and this will quite likely continue.

Soldato
They're going to have to re-write the training manuals at the very least.

As a white officer encountering a black person who is resisting arrest, it's now going to be a balancing act between doing your job and protecting your own ass from prosecution.

Interesting the BBC the commentators are all now saying, "This is just the start. We want to overhaul policing completely."

Given that a significant number want to abolish the police entirely (lol), this sure is interesting times.

Probably become more trigger happy with tazer's

Soldato
trickier than if it had been innocent or somewhere between, at least i could believe the jury hadn't been influenced, but this really does raise the question how much of this decision is political rather than the specifics of the trial.

I’m more inclined to believe that no juror was brave enough to say not guilty on the basis of reasonable doubt. It would probably feel like a death sentence. At least 11 other people would know it was you and you would live in fear of word getting out.

Soldato
Suggest a few people in this thread have a read of what he was actually convicted of. Second degree murder doesn't require an intent to kill. Its all summarised in the jury's instructions which are only a few pages long here.

Soldato
2nd is still intentional though. No idea how they reached that conclusion.

I think the actual charge was "second degree unintentional homicide" or "felony murder" which basically means; George Floyd died whilst Derek Chauvin was assaulting him, I think. Which differs from "second degree murder" which just requires intent to kill.

Soldato
What's dribble? You think I invented that? Lol, it's been mentioned by several commentators on the BBC, which I imagine you must have seen yourself...

The right wing have deliberately and disingenuously interpreted the BLM's 'defund the police' idea. NO significant amount of people want to 'abolish the police' :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom