*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
prices seem to vary wildly :p have seen £100 up to £300+

have seen this one at Ikea link

i need it to fit a 170cm gap so would only need a trim, might fit in the back of my car too.

Prices can vary as some will be 'rustic' which is a mish mash of different coloured random timbers and some will use more uniform coloured, hand picked timbers.

The one you have linked to from Ikea is veneered chipboard instead of solid walnut, which is why it is cheaper. That's not to say its a bad product though, it has a fairly substantial 3.5mm veneer, so should last many years, if not forever if looked after.

Soldato
Prices can vary as some will be 'rustic' which is a mish mash of different coloured random timbers and some will use more uniform coloured, hand picked timbers.

The one you have linked to from Ikea is veneered chipboard instead of solid walnut, which is why it is cheaper. That's not to say its a bad product though, it has a fairly substantial 3.5mm veneer, so should last many years, if not forever if looked after.

it will only be a pc desk, so should be good enough for my needs i think.

Soldato
it will only be a pc desk, so should be good enough for my needs i think.

It'll be great as a desk. Its pre finished with hard wax oil as well, which gives a really nice finish. I'd be interested to see the finished desk. I went with Oak myself, but was tempted by the walnut worktops at the time.

Back
Top Bottom