Destiny 2... It's a coming!

jpm

jpm

Associate
I still have the video of one of our Atheon runs. Still remember Parsnips utterly derp grenade throw that completely missed the Praetorian.

Fun times indeed, the gorgon maze was funny to, we were all deadly silent soon as someone talked we got spotted :D

I remember the pre nerf Cerberus Vae III strike, Valus whats his face had so much health but fun when it was the weekly nightfall with solar burn. Ghally's had the ready lol he be down in seconds.

My friend and I are playing this now. We found it difficult to figure out where to start. Finally found some guides saying to start with the Red War campaign then to go onto the other legacy ones. This is correct right?

Apart from the story missions what else can we do to level up and get better gear?

Do the red war first, then curse of Osiris, then warmind and then forsaken. To gear up, you can run the strike playlist which I think is base level 750. Can also run the nightfall for better gear to (harder version of a strike, they change weekly)

Leave the raids alone for now just stick to story missions, strikes, PvP, public events even adventures. It also gives you a ton of xp to level up to.

Once you high enough you could give the dungeons a go to which reward pinnacle gear :)

Edit: Forgot to mention you can get better gear (up to a certain power level) from leveling up Zavala, the gunsmith, shaxx and each character on each planet by doing bounties.

Last edited:
Associate
My first Vault of Glass run was embarrassing............ I got all the loot. I had so many praetorian foils and mythoclasts after running it a few times.

Sorry guys its all my fault you never got the good gear.

jpm

jpm

Associate
My first Vault of Glass run was embarrassing............ I got all the loot. I had so many praetorian foils and mythoclasts after running it a few times.

Sorry guys its all my fault you never got the good gear.

I remember the time you joined us on Atheon and had a Mythoclast waiting at the post master for you after finishing him. :mad: :D

Soldato
OP
Don't forget the "Ice Breaker", it was the go to for so many encounters. Loved the Mythoclast, the sound it made shooting was awsome.

That was my first exotic! Had to do the exotic bounty on Mars and while the kick was ridiculous the unlimted ammo was very handy. especially with a few cheeses.

Ah Ice Breaker & Cerberus Vae III strike (Whether we wanted to or not, we have stepped into a war with the Cabal..). All three hiding under the stairs taking pot shots at the boss waiting for Ice Breaker to regen...

Aha rushing into the room to hide behind the crates and pop a few shots off. The old nightfalls were properly tough. I hated the Omnigul one when it was Arc burn.

I think I got one from the chest and one from Atheon in the same run..... I was truly blessed doing Vault of Glass

Pretty sure the Vex M only dropped on Hard mode when you killed Aethon, couldn't get it from a chest.

Soldato
Your probably right, my memory isn't what it used to be.

To be fair with you rng it wouldn't surprise me if you did receive a Vex from one of the chests in the cosmodrome!

How many praetorian foils did you end up with again?! :p

In terms of hours I have around 3,000 in D1. I still pick it up now and again as honestly it feels more complete and cohesive than D2. D2 feels like it is trying to rekindle what made people love the first game despite it flaws and failing miserably at it.

to this day I still don't understand why we didn't get a load of D1 content brought in via the infinite forest. It would have been perfect with a strike a week or a raid a month type affair.

No instead it sounds like we are going to get VoG (good) with Champions (**** right off!).

Associate
Pretty sure the Vex M only dropped on Hard mode when you killed Aethon, couldn't get it from a chest.

Exactly right. HM for Mythoclast. I got one before the nerf and you could go into Crucible, shoot it in the air and *everyone* would run away from you as soon as they heard that noise :D

I used to prefer the 'outside the map, up into the ceiling and shooting him from the rafters' cheese for Valus Ta'auc. Was also a big fan of duo'ing the Crota raid with a mate. On the bridges section you could climb the towers and headbutt the ceiling which despawned all the enemies.

Loved D1.

Associate
To be fair with you rng it wouldn't surprise me if you did receive a Vex from one of the chests in the cosmodrome!

How many praetorian foils did you end up with again?! :p
Just been on Destiny 1 and its 3 praetorian foils and 3 mythoclasts....... not bad from something like 11 hard mode completions.

Soldato
OP
All this D1 talk is making me want to play that game so much right now. literally everything about that game was better (especially hunter cloaks). Gutted I gave my PS4 to my younger brother.... Too late to ask for it back?

Soldato
Hmm just picked this up on the PC and wow I must suck with K&M in PvP. Which I do but there is well suspect stuff happening in game. Feel like I'm getting tracked through walls then getting one shotted instantly when I'm not in sight lanes.

Yes I'm one of those that's calls every one a cheater when I die!!

Associate
It has a very steep learning curve, the TTK is extremely low and since they removed SBMM you will be up against people of varying skill levels. On the plus side if you are good at PVP and willing to stick with it, you will eventually be curbstomping noobs as well since it's actually quite forgiving in terms of bullet magnetism etc. Me, I've remained below average at it but I did still enjoy playing until they removed SBMM from everything except Survival and just cant compete. Now I go in to get my bounties/quest steps done and get out again.

Associate
Hmm just picked this up on the PC and wow I must suck with K&M in PvP. Which I do but there is well suspect stuff happening in game. Feel like I'm getting tracked through walls then getting one shotted instantly when I'm not in sight lanes.

Yes I'm one of those that's calls every one a cheater when I die!!
When I switched to PC I just couldn't get used to mouse + Keyboard so went back to using PS4 controller. I do a lot better in PvP on PC than I ever did on PS4.

Associate
I played a huge amount of D1 on Xbox, a large portion of that was with an OCUK clan. A lot of good times :). When D2 dropped I didn't enjoy it and drifted away, not returning for a long time. Naturally when I came back the group dynamics had changed, so I never really bothered getting back into it on console.

However just over a month ago I picked it up on PC and have been playing with some friends. I'm ridiculously addicted again, I hit season pass 160 last night and most of my characters are almost max gear score. Full D1 no life has been achieved again :p. I'm really enjoying the game and think the long extended break has helped. Plus playing on PC you get to appreciate just how good looking a game D2 is. Regardless of repeated content etc, it's still such a satisfying shooter.

Game definitely isn't the most stable AAA PC release ever, get the odd crash but overall it doesn't really harm the experience too much.

I'm sort of the same, played D1 loads on xbox, didn't play long in d2. Just picked it up on pc last week and I've been having a blast - and that's just me solo. All my friends game on Xbox and wouldn't go back to D2. I even went back to it on Xbox to see the difference and it just feels horrible haha. The cross save function is spot on too. Even with the expansions coming to game pass...next month? I still bough the first two on steam - well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom