Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Caporegime
Have 5 minutes watching someone play it on Twitch, i'd stay away from the people doing raids to keep that fresh if you do get it. Plus from the one I saw last night it's people just shouting at each other as they blame everyone else for their failures.

You always get some guy who has no idea what they are doing blame everything else but himself.

Oh it's lagging out for me!
That enemy just appeared out of nowhere.
The guy beside me is too low light for this raid (guy beside him has 30 kills whilst he managed to kill 2 adds).

It's best to find a new raid group straight away if you have more than 1 of these types of guys in it.

Soldato
You always get some guy who has no idea what they are doing blame everything else but himself.

Oh it's lagging out for me!
That enemy just appeared out of nowhere.
The guy beside me is too low light for this raid (guy beside him has 30 kills whilst he managed to kill 2 adds).

It's best to find a new raid group straight away if you have more than 1 of these types of guys in it.

This is one of the reasons I won't be pugging raids and will stick to OCUK groups for it, When I played with a few off here on The Division it made everything great and fun to play even the harder content.

Soldato
Have 5 minutes watching someone play it on Twitch, i'd stay away from the people doing raids to keep that fresh if you do get it. Plus from the one I saw last night it's people just shouting at each other as they blame everyone else for their failures.

Is it a really competitive game? I'm not big on ultra competitive games. Just want to chill and enjoy some FPS action.

Soldato
OP
This is one of the reasons I won't be pugging raids and will stick to OCUK groups for it, When I played with a few off here on The Division it made everything great and fun to play even the harder content.

Obviously no idea how Destiny 2 will be but D1 was completey fine with PUGs. In fact I'd say most of my raids were ran with randoms from DestinyLFG and only a handful of times was it bad. Sure sometimes you'd get a bad group but often you'd still have fun. Some of my best moments were late nights with random americans.

Played VOG with one group, must've been about 4/5am and I was running the relic but I'd keep falling asleep whilst playing and they'd wake me up - must've been annoying but they found it hilarious and we ended up doing many more raids together throughout the duration of D1.

The PC community will make or break this game.

Having only played the beta briefly, avoided most videos and not really knowing what I am doing, I will be staying away from all group activities until I figure out whats going on. :D

No! Team up from the get go! Destiny is great solo, once it has its claws into you. But the real fun is playing in a fire-team.

Is it a really competitive game? I'm not big on ultra competitive games. Just want to chill and enjoy some FPS action.

Not really. The meat of the game is co-op PvE. The PvP is just nice gravy on the side that you dip in and out of between content or Iron Banner weeks.

Soldato

Campaign and strikes aren't what you'd class as competitive, raids are end game content where you need high end gear to survive then tactics to kill bosses, sadly this will bring the 'elite' out in people when something goes wrong.

Associate
No spoilers, but we had a crack at the new raid last night. Great fun trying to work everything out, amazing experience so far.

A lot of the teams streaming were racing for world first, that facilitates the whining and salt, would not recommend.

We have a rough and ready system on the console thread where we just post up raid groups and spare slots / timings. Pretty easy to find a group, but will be much easier on PC with Discord etc

@IvanDobskey it's as "competitive" or serious as you want it to be. You can chill and work you way through. If you're ready to try the raid, there will always be people to help "sherpa" you through.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Campaign and strikes aren't what you'd class as competitive, raids are end game content where you need high end gear to survive then tactics to kill bosses, sadly this will bring the 'elite' out in people when something goes wrong.

Same as any MMO game imo. You want everyone pulling their weight in high-level content, if someone's under performing or consistently getting it wrong you replace said person. If everyone in the group sucks then just leave and find a new one.

Soldato
OP
Same as any MMO game imo. You want everyone pulling their weight in high-level content, if someone's under performing or consistently getting it wrong you replace said person. If everyone in the group sucks then just leave and find a new one.

I think I'm quite a patient guardian in raids. I don't mind wiping over and over as long as it's clear progress is getting made and that everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Had one guy in Wrath of The Machine who during the Aksis PT2 stage would consistently jump down to the bottom, surrounded by shanks, and try to kill the captain with a shotgun and 75% of the time he would die leaving me to solo the middle. That's the type of player I try to avoid. The ones who don't listen.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I think I'm quite a patient guardian in raids. I don't mind wiping over and over as long as it's clear progress is getting made and that everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Had one guy in Wrath of The Machine who during the Aksis PT2 stage would consistently jump down to the bottom, surrounded by shanks, and try to kill the captain with a shotgun and 75% of the time he would die leaving me to solo the middle. That's the type of player I try to avoid. The ones who don't listen.

Agree with you totally mate. As long as people are giving it their all and at least trying, I couldn't care less if we wipe constantly. Progress HAS to be made though. It gets boring very quickly when you're failing on a certain phase for example, that you've done before with no issues.

Now if someone is blatantly disregarding tactics and just being a general moron or not working as a team, that's when I'll start to lose my patience.

I wiped enough times on Mythic Star Augur (WoW) (~102 pulls in total iirc) to not get angry about encounters, hell I even took a guy from my old guild (who was deaf) through Heroic/Mythic Tomb of Sargeras without him being on Discord. That was an experience!

Was a raid leader back when I played WoW so I'd like to think I'm ready to raid when D2 is out. Ha.

Soldato
OP
Agree with you totally mate. As long as people are giving it their all and at least trying, I couldn't care less if we wipe constantly. Progress HAS to be made though. It gets boring very quickly when you're failing on a certain phase for example, that you've done before with no issues.

Now if someone is blatantly disregarding tactics and just being a general moron or not working as a team, that's when I'll start to lose my patience.

I wiped enough times on Mythic Star Augur (WoW) (~102 pulls in total iirc) to not get angry about encounters, hell I even took a guy from my old guild (who was deaf) through Heroic/Mythic Tomb of Sargeras without him being on Discord. That was an experience!

Was a raid leader back when I played WoW so I'd like to think I'm ready to raid when D2 is out. Ha.

Plus it's worth it! me and a friend were in the tower once, back when being level 32 was cool, and we got an invite of some level 29s trying to do VoG hard mode but couldn't find a group. Had nothing better to do so we joined in. They sucked so bad. I swear we had been on the jumping part for ages and the gate-keeper took forever (we didn't want to cheese it as it was their first time) but after maybe 4 or so hours we got the raid completed.

Was totally worth it hearing them lose their minds at getting some of the best loot at the time!

Associate
All clan requests approved, keep them coming, we'll be smashing the XP at this rate :)

Plus it's worth it! me and a friend were in the tower once, back when being level 32 was cool, and we got an invite of some level 29s trying to do VoG hard mode but couldn't find a group. Had nothing better to do so we joined in. They sucked so bad. I swear we had been on the jumping part for ages and the gate-keeper took forever (we didn't want to cheese it as it was their first time) but after maybe 4 or so hours we got the raid completed.

Was totally worth it hearing them lose their minds at getting some of the best loot at the time!

Very rewarding helping people out it you've got the time, as long as they're friendly / communicating well and willing to learn.

Associate
I've done a handful of Raids but want to get more involved with them this time round. I was a late starter to D1 and the group I played with had a set Raid group and wouldn't allow for others... or rarely allow for others.

@LackyT I've got some bits for your guide which might help. It's more character/sub class branching so people can understand what to expect and it's put in a good way. Let me know if you want it sent over.

Associate
I've done a handful of Raids but want to get more involved with them this time round. I was a late starter to D1 and the group I played with had a set Raid group and wouldn't allow for others... or rarely allow for others.

@LackyT I've got some bits for your guide which might help. It's more character/sub class branching so people can understand what to expect and it's put in a good way. Let me know if you want it sent over.

Perfect dude, trust it to me? I was looking for a better subclass breakdown but couldn't find one

Associate
No spoilers, but we had a crack at the new raid last night. Great fun trying to work everything out, amazing experience so far.

A lot of the teams streaming were racing for world first, that facilitates the whining and salt, would not recommend.

We have a rough and ready system on the console thread where we just post up raid groups and spare slots / timings. Pretty easy to find a group, but will be much easier on PC with Discord etc

@IvanDobskey it's as "competitive" or serious as you want it to be. You can chill and work you way through. If you're ready to try the raid, there will always be people to help "sherpa" you through.

That was a good crack last night, 8pm to 1am I think we were. Certainly lots of frustrating moments but also hilarious at times. No spoilers but that one corridor we stumbled across and had to dodge the exhaust flames, I actually thought I was gonna **** myself at Moon having a melt down at us for not getting through :D

Gutted I'm back offshore tomorrow morning, I'll come back in 3 weeks and everyone will be Light Level a million lol

Back
Top Bottom