Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
One review out of 50~ that gave the game a 6?

i-knew-it-gif-8.gif

I certainly won't be playing the game anymore

Trust ign and all the other "money under the table" review sites. You will be disappointed fast. Have seen/heard several saying that the AI is mind numbingly stupid. Even seen one vid with a guy touching this subject and proving it by running through several levels of enemies without ever firing a shot and not dying. Maybe sometimes it's worth the effort to listen to that one or 2 dudes saying something is wrong. Consider their viewpoint instead of dismissing it the second it sounds like something opposite your own. In the end it might actually serve your own interest. I mean it's perfectly fine to like a game and still say this or that needs work.

Now im looking forward to give it a go on pc but i can see this being a 15-20 hour game at most for me if there isn't any real challenge involved.

Associate
Explains why one of my friends has got to Lvl 20 very quickly lol. I'm ok with the AI as I'm sure for 1, this will get patched and 2, come raids and strikes it will still remain a significant challenge. Plus the thought of all that delicious loot just waiting to be decrypted is salivating.

God I hope this comes out soon, nearly snapped and bought it on PS4 the other day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trust ign and all the other "money under the table" review sites. You will be disappointed fast. Have seen/heard several saying that the AI is mind numbingly stupid. Even seen one vid with a guy touching this subject and proving it by running through several levels of enemies without ever firing a shot and not dying. Maybe sometimes it's worth the effort to listen to that one or 2 dudes saying something is wrong. Consider their viewpoint instead of dismissing it the second it sounds like something opposite your own. In the end it might actually serve your own interest. I mean it's perfectly fine to like a game and still say this or that needs work.

Now im looking forward to give it a go on pc but i can see this being a 15-20 hour game at most for me if there isn't any real challenge involved.

Well I sort of lied in the previous post

I've already played the game for 50+ hours

But sure I'll consider the viewpoints of a couple of guys who live off youtube clicks revenue

Soldato
Well I sort of lied in the previous post

I've already played the game for 50+ hours

But sure I'll consider the viewpoints of a couple of guys who live off youtube clicks revenue

heh and the big positive media dont live off clicks? Btw it seems the userbase pretty much agrees with the 6/10 score that you disagree so much with.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wasn't it an issue in the first game too?

AI is pretty dumb. the way they make boss fights hard is by giving them millions of health and OP weapons which become stupidly OP with certain modifiers (nightfalls). the mechanics are usually extremely simple for example some of them have a rotating shield with gaps in it, some have a shield you need to take down using a relic or they have legs you need to shoot off before you can damage the core, etc. you usually end up using a cheese spot or shoot for a bit then hide for a bit then shoot for a bit, unless you have self res or a bubble or a tether to mix it up a little.

it's very much a boring game in PvE mode the only exciting thing is the raids which once you have done it once you have done it a million times. only thing that brings you back is the loot once you have that no need to do it.

for example in Destiny 1 I probably did every strike at least 100 times as every time the level got boosted you had to, or it was the nightfall (modifiers) or weekly. i didn't really find it interesting after the first say 2-3 times after that your rinse and repeating the same thing over and over again just because you have to not that you want to.

it's the actual guardians themselves that makes this game exciting and their huge range of varied abilities. this makes PvP amazing to play combined with the gun mechanics and movement. this has the core of game of the century however developers have made some really stupid decisions on how they go about things. blanket nerfs, terrible weapon balancing which is so bad I think it's intentional to force you to grind for the new meta weapons, hunters being nerfed in every patch yet leaving sticky nades, melees, stupidly OP supers of other classes untouched.

oh and you have to do everything in the game times 3 because basically to get the full experience you need 3 characters. so you need to do every strike 100 times on each character.

tl:dr - i found PvE extremely boring after completing it once. PvP was a breath of fresh air until they fiddled with it in the wrong ways

Man of Honour
Reading that reminds me of how the biggest complaint of The Division was that mobs were just bullet sponges and made the PvE boring and tedious. Although I loved the aesthetics of The Division so much that I could spend hours just walking around the city at night , looking at the snow and the christmas lighting effects :)

Associate
I didn't find PvE remotely boring in Destiny 1 tbh

The bosses were bullet sponges (there has to be an element of this) but not the general enemy's unlike The Division where everything seemed to soak up a zillion bullets to the head.

Soldato
Reading that reminds me of how the biggest complaint of The Division was that mobs were just bullet sponges and made the PvE boring and tedious. Although I loved the aesthetics of The Division so much that I could spend hours just walking around the city at night , looking at the snow and the christmas lighting effects :)
The problem with the division for me was the realistic setting with the bullet sponging enemies. I get it from a gameplay point of view but the fact that they went for a very realistic setting and story then you had a guy soaking up bullets killed it for me. Destiny you can believe a little more.

Soldato
Is this going to be any good?

Wondering if it might be worth a go.

I have held back for the PC version but my 2 friends capitulated and have played the PS4 version. I think they said there were into their 3rd play-through with rank 28 and 29.

General summary was 'good' but not 'great' game and similar problems to D1 i.e. grindfest with not enough content however, when human team members are in the mix with you it is a much better experience.

My take is that Bungie, with their $100m+ budget, hundreds of development team members etc. and it appears they have produced 'the division' in space - part 2.

Whether that makes you feel disappointed depends on your opinion of the division and D1.

I await my PC D2 experience with an open opinion on the game but I am not expecting it to change my perspectives on PC gaming.

Associate
General summary was 'good' but not 'great' game and similar problems to D1 i.e. grindfest with not enough content however, when human team members are in the mix with you it is a much better experience.

I would agree, the story and journey to Power Level 260ish is good IMO and not that grindy if you play through all the side missions etc. The problem is 260+ where the end game content is lacking. Bungie need to address the fact that nothing is challenging outside of the Raid, Nightfall and Trials. Strikes do feel better than last time, think there is only 1 annoying spongey boss; but the strike loot needs work. The raid is a lot of fun though, well worth ranking up for and playing through with a team, there is lots to explore too.

Back
Top Bottom