Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
So i had planned to buy this on PC but im hearing so much about it having no endgame?
Maybe someone can comment on this subject please.

Meanwhile while waiting on D2 i discovered the joys of warframe, D2 is gonna have to have a decent endgame to get my interest.

Associate
So i had planned to buy this on PC but im hearing so much about it having no endgame?

Meanwhile while waiting on D2 i discovered the joys of warframe, D2 is gonna have to have a decent endgame to get my interest.

It depends how you intend to play it, if you want to power through and max out your guardians to 305 do all the Exotic quests and raid then you will get 100 hours or so before you hit the wall like a lot of us on console, its a fun game that they have removed the grinding element out of so it might be a nice change from Warframe for something more casual.

Associate

IMO D2 is a solid base for another 2/3 [edit] year lifecycle heavily reliant on DLC. It's a better base game than D1 was on release, but fails to surpass D1 as a whole. The negative feedback is coming from D1 veterans, like myself who have over 1000 hours in the first game. It feels like Bungies vision for the new game was tame - no new races, no major overhauls, just a significant upgrade of largely existing systems; hence the Destiny 1.5 comments.

Now for those new to the franchise, that issue is pretty much void, it's a brand new game for those players. If I was playing it for the first time, I would most likely be having a great time and blown away with the visuals / gun play etc.

I would say there is roughly 100 hours play time in the D2 base game and by the time you've done that the next DLC will be dropping (not saying that’s a good thing). It’s clear they have spent time on the campaign and getting the base mechanics, locations etc set up for future updates.

Now the endgame currently is pretty much the same as vanilla D1 – but it’s worse in D2 as without RNG on weapons and armour, there is much less incentive to replay content for gear drops. If you're looking for a game to grind 8 hours a day, D2 isn't it.

I’ve recently started playing Warframe too, so I can tell you right now the endgame is not comparable. Firstly Warframe has been out for what, 3/4 years? It’s naturally going to have way more content to play. Secondly, they also have much more established systems: good/meaningful mods for frames and weapons, trading, blueprints/crafting and a ton of build variety.

D2 does not have any of that, but then again it hasn’t had any sort of player / QoL focused update yet. However, in the short term D2 has that AAA factor. Everything is on a bigger/grander scale, there is a proper campaign story that flows together, there are cinematics and cut scenes. The strikes and the raid especially are a treat to play through for the first few times. There are also multiple “open world” areas to play and explore, whereas Warframe only got 1 in the last update: PoE.

Put it this way, I’ll level to 305 in D2 on PC and then I’ll go back to Warframe as I’ve barely touched the surface there. This is mainly because a lot of my friends have waited to pick it up on D2 on PC, and some are playing the franchise for the first time.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that, as much as im tempted i really want a game with endgame, thats why enjoy warframe so much.

Just out of interest, what do you consider end game in Warframe? I've only just started and just working my way through missions / quests, then upgrading when I can.

Thank's for that write up, actually makes me feel like I should do fine with D2 even with losing the hype for it.
No probs, I meant to put 2/3 years in the part you quoted, edited now.

Man of Honour
The thing which puts me off Warframe (I've tried to get into it twice without success) is the leaping about spinning through the air , rapid movement of the game. What I like about "run and gun" types of games is the running as much as the gunning. When I tried Warframe I spent more time spinning through the air than I did on the ground and the game was so fast that I might as well have been playing with no background graphics for all the time that I got to look at them as I went around.

Oh and to be honest, I dont really like the Warframes themselves visually, I like to be able to "connect" with characters and I cant connect with the characters in Warframe as they just look too alien for my tastes.

Given how much I loved Borderlands 2 in the run and gun and loot genre, I suppose what I'm really after is a Borderlands 3 and I'm just looking for Destiny 2 or something to tide me over until then :)

Associate
IMO D2 is a solid base for another 2/3 [edit] year lifecycle heavily reliant on DLC. It's a better base game than D1 was on release, but fails to surpass D1 as a whole.

Nice write up. For what you are paying there is still a lot of content in D2, far more than in most first person shooters released recently. At the end of the day what will make or break this game on PC is the community as with any other multiplayer. The most fun I've had with D1/D2 is when doing the group activities such as Strikes/Raids.

Personally having done everything in D2 apart from the prestige raid I'm still looking forward to this on PC, I've purposely not done multiple characters so I can have fun learning to play Hunter/Warlock. Really looking forward to going full Palpatine on the bad guys ;)

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Seems they have released know issues for the PC version at launch

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/20/destiny-2-pc-all-the-currently-known-issues/

Destiny 2 PC Launch Known Issues:

• SLI, HDR, and VSYNC: Players may experience some rare issues when enabling SLI, HDR, or disabling VSYNC in some non-native resolutions. For the best experience, players are encouraged to use these features while running at their display’s maximum available resolution.
  • Saxophone Errors when Launching: Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file. Players who encounter this issue must close the application and relaunch through Blizzard’s Battle.net app.
  • Idling to Title Screen: In some activities, players who are returned to the title screen due to idling may be unable to log back in. Players who encounter this issue must close and relaunch the Destiny 2 application.
  • Login after Disconnects: A generic error code may appear to players who lose internet connection, which may block an affected player from logging back in even after reconnecting. Players who believe they are encountering this issue should close the Destiny 2 application and relaunch.
  • Buffalo Errors on multiple PCs: Players may encounter Buffalo errors when logging in to Destiny 2 on multiple PCs at the same time. To prevent this issue, players must ensure that they are logged out of Destiny 2 on any PC that they do not currently intend to play on.
  • Cursor in Tri-Monitor Configurations: Changing resolution between 5760×1080, 4080×768, and 3072×768 may trap the mouse cursor in the right-most monitor. Players who encounter this issue should ALT+TAB out of the Destiny 2 application, then back. Players may also toggle Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
  • Tri-Monitor Depth of Field: DOF effects may be overly aggressive on some tri-monitor configurations. Players who encounter issues with DOF can disable this feature in the Graphics Settings.
  • Windows 10 Game Bar: The Windows 10 game bar may not work in Fullscreen Mode. Affected players who wish to use this feature should use Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
  • NumPad Binding: Players are not able to bind controls to most NumPad keys.
  • Screen Bounds on AZERTY Keyboards: Players may receive an incorrect key prompt when adjusting screen bounds on an AZERTY keyboard.
  • IME in Fullscreen: Players who are running Input Method Editors may encounter a black screen or delay when inputting characters in Fullscreen Mode. For the best experience, these players are encouraged to play in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Modes.
  • Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application.
  • Corporate and University Networks: Some players may be unable to play Destiny 2 on corporate or university networks. Players who encounter this issue must contact their IT department, to meet the connectivity standards outlined in our Network Troubleshooting Guide.

NumPad Binding: Players are not able to bind controls to most NumPad keys.

as a Arrow Key pc gamer not WASD this annoys and worries me

funny i dont remember it being an issue during the beta

hope they patch it soon :mad::rolleyes:

Associate
Day before release and I am still yet to receive it. :|

That is not unusual for CDKeys.

Upto the day before - but i've had them sent on release day, late on. Depends when their supplier releases them.
Did you log into your account to see if they are there, but not emailed out?

Associate
Kind of regret buying the boxed edition now! But I actually can't play that much tomorrow anyway, i'll make up for it by burning through the game wed-monday lol.

Word of advice... don't infuse things until you are over 260/280 Power. Save the glimmer / shards. You'll get so much loot later on that you won't need to infuse. On the PS4, I maxed out glimmer on my main char... when I did my 2nd and 3rd, I was infusing.... now I have hardly any and it takes ages to build up lol

Soldato
Word of advice... don't infuse things until you are over 260/280 Power. Save the glimmer / shards. You'll get so much loot later on that you won't need to infuse. On the PS4, I maxed out glimmer on my main char... when I did my 2nd and 3rd, I was infusing.... now I have hardly any and it takes ages to build up lol

Good advice, same with handing in tokens.

Btw did you play cs in clan KK?

Back
Top Bottom