Destiny 2

Associate
Had a blast on this last night before I got booted, great going back to the moon. Can't decide to carry on with my warlock or go with my titan, the titan was my first guardian so it would be double nostalgia...and punching!

Caporegime
(Just as aside - does anyone here still play the original Destiny? I never did get the Iron whatsits expansion on PS4, wondering whether to get it and go through the whole thing. Does it even work still?)

Soldato
I'm a bit confused. I have Destiny 2 'vanilla' but with DLC 1+2 unlocked (Osiris & Warmind right?). I never bothered playing through them, just finished the vanilla campaign. Anyway last week I thought I'd get back on so I can play through Osiris & warmind and maybe buy Forsaken if I want. I'm still level 20 and 350 power from vanilla days.

What will happen when I login tonight? I want to just carry on with the story as I was, but I'm worried it's going to dump me into 'New Light' mode? I don't want to jump to level 50/750 and skip all the campaigns from year 1/2? Confused how I just carry on as I was!

Associate
I'm a bit confused. I have Destiny 2 'vanilla' but with DLC 1+2 unlocked (Osiris & Warmind right?). I never bothered playing through them, just finished the vanilla campaign. Anyway last week I thought I'd get back on so I can play through Osiris & warmind and maybe buy Forsaken if I want. I'm still level 20 and 350 power from vanilla days.

What will happen when I login tonight? I want to just carry on with the story as I was, but I'm worried it's going to dump me into 'New Light' mode? I don't want to jump to level 50/750 and skip all the campaigns from year 1/2? Confused how I just carry on as I was!

AFAIK, that only happens when you've bought Shadowkeep - I think everyone else will stay as they were before. Log into Bungie.net and check your chars.

Soldato
AFAIK, that only happens when you've bought Shadowkeep - I think everyone else will stay as they were before. Log into Bungie.net and check your chars.

Good idea. It's jumped me straight to 50/750, weird! Not sure I agree with that tbh, I don't want to skip all that DLC I paid for. Surely I'll steamroll through it with no real fun if I go back to play it now, the enemies will be scaled to the old update? Lame. Basically I have to buy shadowkeep if I want to keep playing.

Associate
Hmmm jsut did a very quick search and it does look like everyone is knocked up to 50/750 - which makes no sense. Not sure how it works... or do you have to delete a char and start from zero? However, I think enemy still scale up for older stuff

Soldato
Yeah so it basically works like 750 is the new 0. You can play all the old campaigns but they’re effectively equal to your level throughout, but you’re not going to find any good loot / level up much unless you do Shadowkeep stuff.

Associate
My understanding is that any PVE campaigns you hadn't completed before the Shadowkeep launch would be reset, although you can still go back and play through any PVE campaigns not completed. Although as you say effectively everyone has been reset. There are no 'levels 1-50' anymore, just an overall 'Power' level (750 - 900 (soft cap) then 900-950 before 950 to 960).

That said I've not logged on to my existing Hunter I played in vanilla Destiny 2, but rather thought it was a good opportunity to create a Warlock. Even just playing the New Light Questline (Vanilla D2) I'm still levelling up my PL (after only an hours or so I've gone up to 756 or something). What I do like now is that all XP seems to count towards your Seasons Rewards as well. I'm not sure if this was the case in Forsaken but it makes the game more dynamic now as no matter what you are doing you are still working towards something. I regretted buying vanilla D2 at launch a few years ago but get really good vibes about what D2 is evolving into. Also loving seeing it on Xbox One X with HDR/4K now.

It does feel weird replaying the main vanilla D2 storyline again when they have changed the intro quite a bit. It doesn't seem to gel as well now, but that's a minor observation.

Soldato
I'm wondering what happens as well as I bought forsaken dlc but never finished it, I don't know how close. I was to the end but I don't want to replay what I have done so I hope it didn't reset the progress

Associate
If you hadn't completed the Forsaken campaign - then it reset: https://kotaku.com/your-destiny-2-to-do-list-for-this-weekend-1838544767

You’ve finished the campaigns, right? A hiccup of the Destiny 2 base game going free-to-play means that, if you haven’t completed any of the story campaigns—the base game’s Red War, its Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions, or Forsaken—your progress will be reset. Thankfully, they’re all short, so if you’re midway through any of them, you can probably knock them out this weekend. And if you can’t do that, each planet in Destiny 2 will be unlocked via experience points, not campaign progress, so don’t sweat it.

Back
Top Bottom