Destiny 2

Soldato
He is also Jorah Mormont from GoT IIRC.

Really liking D2 so far, will have to try not to burn out before PC release.

Pro's
- Story is great, much more of a Halo/ODST vibe to it, which is a big plus in my book
- Free roam areas are awesome, they have put a ton of effort into fleshing them out and adding verticality / explore-ability
- Lost Sectors and Adventures are nicer than having to replay story missions or grind strikes
- I kinda like the weapon system
- Heroic public events are a good touch
- We actually have a map

Con's
- The shader system is complete BS, massive community outcry so hopefully they revert
- Patrols are copy paste from D1 which is poor, would rather they copy pasted Bounties
- Lack of strikes, but they are at least longer and raid-boss esque
- I feel like the UI is worse, e.g. you can't see faction reps
- Where are the vendors selling emblems/shaders and class items etc? Almost glimmer capped and nowhere to spend it lol

I just read the large thread on reddit (one of many and only a portion at that) and yeah that seems like a massive step backwards.

Your last two point I didn't even think about until you mentioned them. Very good points (unless they just haven't been activated yet?!).

Soldato
So just hit level 17 this morning, mostly through public events and lost sectors. Only on story mission 2 as waiting to play through these with my Son tonight. Loving it though.

Thats some GRINDING right there!

I'm at level 9 after 3hours 20 minutes last night.. mostly doing the opposite of Morgan.. I've been playing story and the odd public event.
Loving it so far tbh.. it feels and looks great.. like Vennom noted it really feels a lot like Reach to me.

Superb!

Caporegime
I think I actually prefer the first game :eek:

That's because you're such a lovely ray of positivity :p

// played loads last night, got to level 5. Was drinking though and skipped all the story stuff / cut scenes. Might just delete it all and start fresh as the story is apparently worth paying attention to this time. Loving it so far.

Soldato
The problem i thought i was going to have is that i came to Destiny 1 late so bought Destiny plus the expansions.(A decent chunk of content) So i have reigned in my expectations that starting Destiny 2 on release there literally can't be as much content as 1 and all its DLC's. To me the UI and everything feels sparse. I'm hoping that is by design, i.e. we've lost everything and started again so it will be built up as it were and almost grow with us with new features and things, vendors etc? Well, thats what i'm hoping... Lol! :D That would be cool i think.

When is Xur coming and what do we use to buy stuff off him?

Soldato
I think I actually prefer the first game :eek:

At the moment I would agree but then I've only scratched the surface. Trying hard to think of things I do like better than D1, but things I don't like so far are;

The Farm. Just no. I did like the little football pitch though, that kept me amused for about 2 minutes.
Titan. What an utterly horrible area.

I haven't tried the Crucible yet or unlocked any strikes but I can see myself just going through the campaign and selling the game on. It doesn't give me that epic feeling that D1 gave me early on, I'm hoping it gets better.

Associate
I got ps4 pro bundle with Destiny 2, only for white console so D2 was for sale. But I actually started playing it and I like it (haven't played D1). I like the graphics, playstyle (more than I expected), music and CGI cutscenes. I hate when games have cutscenes based on game engine,.

I think I'm gonna keep it and season pass which was included as well.

Associate
Anybody nightfall ready? looking to get a group together for tonight around 10pm when the missus goes to bed? I'm currently 240 power. so, anybody else 230+ fancy it?

Soldato
Anybody nightfall ready? looking to get a group together for tonight around 10pm when the missus goes to bed? I'm currently 240 power. so, anybody else 230+ fancy it?
I'm not even level 10 xD did crucible work for any one last night? I tried few times and didn't get one game Sat on waiting

Associate
I'm not even level 10 xD did crucible work for any one last night? I tried few times and didn't get one game Sat on waiting

same, i managed to get a game earlier, however the second one.... never happened. came back a couple of times to see, and still nothing. is there an issue with the matchmaking servers?

Associate
same, i managed to get a game earlier, however the second one.... never happened. came back a couple of times to see, and still nothing. is there an issue with the matchmaking servers?
Same with me, first game lost, second is not going to happen. Game crashes

Caporegime
Been playing this since last night. Haven't really had much of a chance to get much done.

Think ive hit level 12 so far but im not sure if i like it more than Destiny.

Dont get me wrong its nice to play different planets rather than what we had in destiny.

So far its pretty good, am enjoying it so far.

Back
Top Bottom