Destiny 2

Associate
basically until you get to power ie 1280-1300 keep going to every vendor to pickup quests and run through the story, gain xp and new gear to boos you up, the end game content is pretty sick when you can play it, play public events throughout the destinations too, if you get stuck with quests pop on yt and see walktrough video's :)

I can appreciate how much time people like you have spent on this game, but the system you described and the repetitive grind are pretty disgusting and disappointing really. I enjoyed my stay in this game but surprised there are many left playing. Gear based game if there ever was one.

Soldato
I can appreciate how much time people like you have spent on this game, but the system you described and the repetitive grind are pretty disgusting and disappointing really. I enjoyed my stay in this game but surprised there are many left playing. Gear based game if there ever was one.

been playing since 2017 and sure there have been times the game has gone in the wrong direction, and players have left in there droves, but bungie pulled it back and in its current state, things are much much better, sure the grind is there if you happen to get the god rolls on the weapons and armour your laughting in both pve and pvp content. the new anti cheat system implemented has made pvp much more playable as before cheaters were rife, but thats not the case anymore, the game is about playing with freinds to earn the best of the best gear, sure you dont get it always but you have a great time playing with people, and in my eyes that whats counts.

Soldato
Worth getting the new one then?
I'm enjoying it as well.

Legendary campaign is fun although I had to solo the last mission as the randoms I'd found on lfg kept dying. I even went and bought a headset as I might run the new raid when it's released.

Soldato
I say yes to, best campaign by far. Really enjoyed it.

I concur. Excellent campaign (arguably the best they have ever made for the franchise) and decent post campaign content (if a little Grindy for certain items).

Still need to pick up the legacy pack for Xbox as all my prior destiny gaming was on pc/PS4 and I forgot Beyond Light was only there because of GamePass.

Also annoyingly my wife can access the digital version of the game via the primary console approach but not the premium season pass content - despite buying the digital deluxe (so included all 4 seasons).

Soldato
Never played this. Is it worth playing solo? Or should I try destiny 1 first? Got them both installed on ps4
Solo is great starting out and learning the ropes (though you'll probably do a decent amount of Googling). LFG (looking for group) is great for when you want to do end game stuff later on.

Soldato
I tried to get back into this as I loved Destiny 1 and I did play allot of Destiny 2 and the initial expansion but my god now it just seems a complete mess, what the hell have bungie done?

None of it seems user friendly, it all seems too convoluted.

Associate
I was thinking about this game yesterday, never had played it. I played D1 a bit.

I've had D2 videos in the background and read up a bit, and i'm lost to what D2 is still!

I just want to single player through various missions, maybe do a strike, wander about the world, not too fussed about following any narrative, just kill X boss or collect X item is fine by me, and collect a new gun or two on the way. This is how D1 played and was fine for me until i got bored. Can D2 work this way?

Soldato
I was thinking about this game yesterday, never had played it. I played D1 a bit.

I've had D2 videos in the background and read up a bit, and i'm lost to what D2 is still!

I just want to single player through various missions, maybe do a strike, wander about the world, not too fussed about following any narrative, just kill X boss or collect X item is fine by me, and collect a new gun or two on the way. This is how D1 played and was fine for me until i got bored. Can D2 work this way?
Yes I’ve done that recently when the expansions were on offer. Just played through each one and enjoyed myself a lot. Some of the older content is vaulted and no longer playable so you might want to have a read up on what’s currently there.

Back
Top Bottom