Devon vs Cornwall

Soldato
Sidmouth if you enjoy lots of oldies getting in the way :D But the Jurassic coast (and Sidmouth/Ladram bay/Budleigh in particular) is a fine example of coastline on any day. i'd love to move back to that area when i get close to retiring. + you can have a beer in Beer :D

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
My ex lives in Polruan ,get down that way quite a bit ,i would say a sea veiw is essential in Fowey and its such a nice place to mooch about in ,,have a walk right to the top where Dawn french lives ,also ferry across ,to Polruan ,maybe on to Polperro and Looe ,
did this walk afew months back

Soldato
Ok so I have taken everyones advice and am going Fowley/Cornwall. Next question:

https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/fowey-harbour-hotel/rooms?s[date_from]=2020-07-25&s[date_to]=2020-07-27&s[tags]=destination.destination:europe.united-kingdom.england;destination.destination:europe.united-kingdom.england.cornwall

1) Partial seaview double room (the cheapest one on the list) for 2 nights

vs

2) Superior Seaview double room (the 3rd one down with floor to ceiling windows) for 3 nights

So many first world problems.

Tell us when you are going so we can book one of the rooms so you have no choice :p:D

Soldato
I’m from Fowey! (waves).

The Harbour Hotel was recently bought out and renovated. No idea what the rooms are like but it’s meant to have been well done.

It’s a lovely little town. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to answer.

BECAUSE THERE IS THE CORRECT WAY AND THEN THERE IS THE CORNISH WAY, JUNGLIST!! :mad:

Perma TBH. :mad:

We’re not ashamed of the cream in Cornwall.

God I can't remember where it was but I had one hell of a burger from somewhere in Cornwall... It's like a famous Cornish chain. Going to annoy me now

Looking at my iCloud reminded me it was Sam's Cafe in Bodmin. I also think it was Sam's on the beach that I had the hot chocolate at.

The original Sam’s restaurant is in Fowey, then the Sam’s empire had grown over time. The burgers are incredible — definitely worth having dinner in Sam‘a one evening but beware you can’t book.

Associate
OP
My ex lives in Polruan ,get down that way quite a bit ,i would say a sea veiw is essential in Fowey and its such a nice place to mooch about in ,,have a walk right to the top where Dawn french lives ,also ferry across ,to Polruan ,maybe on to Polperro and Looe ,
did this walk afew months back

Thank you for this. Is the vid you yes? We long walking so will defo follow this.

Cant have the sea view room AND stay 3 nights. So is a toss up between more time to explore or a nicer hotel room. Naturally the more we explore the less time we will be in the room.

Is 2 days enough for the area or can 3+ days easily be filled round here?

Once you have done one long walk your done unless each walk had a different feeling/scenes.

Soldato
Thank you for this. Is the vid you yes? We long walking so will defo follow this.

Cant have the sea view room AND stay 3 nights. So is a toss up between more time to explore or a nicer hotel room. Naturally the more we explore the less time we will be in the room.

Is 2 days enough for the area or can 3+ days easily be filled round here?

Once you have done one long walk your done unless each walk had a different feeling/scenes.
nah not me its a couple i subscribe to ,i could easily spend 3 days ,Polperro and Looe ,nice long walk but you could do all these in one day and one day just chilling in fowey so personal choice really

Soldato
The Hall Walk is great.

I’d also look at doing the coastal path the other way (south) towards Polkerris, then Par and beyond. There’s some decent sea views across St. Austell bay, some lovely secluded beaches and Polkerris has ‘Sam’s on the Beach’ and a decent pub.

You can do Fowey town in half a day if you don’t hang about. Then you could do the Hall Walk in the afternoon. Day 2 could be the coastal path as above. Then day 3 you have options:

• The Eden Project is great if you’ve never been. A lot of it is outside so don’t go if it’s raining.
  • You could get the ferry to Mevagissey if you like being on the water (although Meva is just like a small Fowey).
  • There’s the Lost Gardens of Heligan (also good).
  • Lostwithiel, Looe and Polperro could be done in a day by car.
Loads of choices!

Soldato
Perranporth's lovely. Personally I love Newquay in the summer!

Ah you're making me nostalgic now went on a few summer holidays to cornwall as a kid and totally fell in love with it

Wow, you are literally the worst person in the world.

I will fight you on the beaches of my beloved Instow on this issue :p

Yikes, do you live next door to my mum? I'll probably be on that beach in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom