**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
to confirm - my 670 has a DVI-D and a DVI-I (despite the product page saying it has 2 DVI-I)... it does let you go in to the bios if you use the DVI-I to VGA and then VGA port on the monitor

you can then also connect up the DVI-D to the monitor and when it boots to windows configure it so that the DVI "monitor" is the primary

it's a bit of a bodge but at least it means not swapping cables about

although I might just get a DP cable if that does work

also, after a bit of fiddling, setting the colour to User 100-100-100 and contrast and brightness both to about 80 and then fiddling with the gamma and hue in nvidia control panel, it does look good, no dead pixels and just a tiny bit of bleeding in the bottom right on totally black screen but not too bad

Soldato
@Andy - I mentioned that in post #143 about the cable and DVI adaptor. It might not be elegant but it will work. You only need to have the vga cable connected to the monitor if you need to enter the BIOS, be leaving it off you then do not need to select the DVI input when in Windows.

Soldato
@andy - I mentioned that in post #143 about the cable and DVI adaptor. It might not be elegant but it will work. You only need to have the vga cable connected to the monitor if you need to enter the BIOS, be leaving it off you then do not need to select the DVI input when in Windows.

someone asked a page or so back and I hadn't checked back as far as your post so thought I'd answer them

I only needed to select the DVI the first time, no on reboots I get bios and then in windows it's on the DVI already, so no reason to plug and unplug the VGA cable as far as I can see... that would annoy me

Soldato
What happens if you switch off both the PC and the monitor, not in standy but fullt off, which does your default of in terms of input...?
IIRC with both cables connected mine defaults to VGA

Soldato
Just to report back on 13" Macbook Air testing, I picked up Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable from a local store just to test.

Both seem to work, although only at 1080p - 1920x1080. I couldn't get it to display at a res any higher than that.

The display option changes depending on which cable I use too:

Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, combined with a DVI cable:
MBADisplayporttoDVI.jpg

Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable:
MBAMiniDisplayporttoHDMI.jpg

I was hoping I could just mirror the displays, tilt the lid down half way on the MBA and use the keyboard and trackpad but the resolutions are restricted when you choose to mirror the display as there's no 1440x900 option, the closest is 1360x768, but that look **** in comparison to the 1920x1080 you can get when you don't mirror.

So instead I tried it without mirror and it worked pretty good apart from when windows opened on the laptop screen by mistake and I had to raise it to move the window to the monitor before proceeding.

If someone else could try another MiniDisplayport to Displayport cable to see if you can output at the a higher res that would be pretty cool, otherwise it seems you're stuck with 1920x1080, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Soldato
What happens if you switch off both the PC and the monitor, not in standy but fullt off, which does your default of in terms of input...?
IIRC with both cables connected mine defaults to VGA

yeah, in this situation annoyingly the monitor defaults to VGA and you have to hit menu down menu to get it to switch to DVI

Associate
Dead pixel buddy should work fine search for that.

Thanks a lot mate, nice one. It would seem my display is A'ok *wipes brow*

Right! calibration next. :)

**BIOS ISSUE**

Just to let you guys know I have a GTX 295 and when the PC is turned on it shows my bios fine. I am connected via duel link DVI.

Last edited:
Associate
This screen is *no disguised swearing* mint! Although not liking the sound of the mini-DP to DP Macbook Air issue...

QMzlzl.jpg

Here are some more pictures I took.

Noticed some backlight bleeding - but only after reading this thread! Had a film on and didn't notice any bleeding. Just looked amazing. Found 1 dead pixel, but can only see it when my face is 2 inches from the screen, normal viewing position I can't find it.

I'd recommend this monitor to anyone. £320 was an absolute steal.

Last edited:
Associate
Weird.....at first I saw no bios screen, but now I do.....not on restarts though, only from a cold start. Also the issue with my screen turning itself off hasn't happened for a few hours. Maybe I'll give it some more time before doing the RMA. You get 14 days under Distance Selling don't you?

Soldato
Hi there

Spoke to DGM, it is down to the controller they are using. Hazro have also had similar issues, but in fairness the Hazro does seem to have less issues.

Right now DGM don't seem to have an answer and I would suspect an update won't become available to make it work over the DVI for post screen with certain VGA cards. This is why 14 day DSR is ideal as is the case with these lower cost IPS panels, they are cheaper due to use lower cost components. Such as bezels, controllers, power units etc.

Both Hazro and DGM should be using Delta electronics PSU which are good, but they all use different controllers.

I think people also need to remember, the equivalent DELL and Apple products sell for twice the money, don't expect all the features of them when paying half the price. Fact is the actual image quality within the O.S. is on par with DELL and Apple due to using same LG IPS panel, but the features, finish are not DELL or Apple quality, if you want DELL/Apple features/quality you pay their prices I am afraid.

On the other hand if you want a truly stunning quality monitor (panel wise) then the DGM is a bargain and the Hazro is a great middle ground as it has slightly less issues and in my oppinion has a nicer bezel. :)

True, but it would be ridiculous if I have to invalidate the warranty to remove the stand, which I refuse to do, since the warranty over the 1 year warranty from an ebay korean seller pushed me to order this thing.

Associate
Well my screen arives tomorrow, hopefully without any issues, if it leaves me speechless, it can stay, but if it shows to many faults its going!

stand wise it only has to sit on my desk so no issue for me, but dead or stuck pixels are, along with to much light bleed. we know its cheap but that dosnt mean £330.00 incl is a drop in the ocean, any obvious faults will drive me nuts and i won't be able to stop looking at them:(

But hey fingers crossed! iam gone get a peach screen at a real good price.:D

Soldato
I got an email from DGM which included...

I have been told that you will need to take the back cover off to remove the arm which is sticking out. I have also been told that this shouldn’t affect the Warranty if you decide to go ahead and do it yourself.
It only goes part way in what I asked over the phone, and within my mail in total, so I'm left to assume that the arm is able to detach once the cover is removed.

Soldato
I got an email from DGM which included...

It only goes part way in what I asked over the phone, and within my mail in total, so I'm left to assume that the arm is able to detach once the cover is removed.

Thanks for the info - will have to give this a go tomorrow after making sure the panels ok.

Back
Top Bottom