**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
Looking nice! triple 27" .......dammmmn how do you rate them vs your dell...i presume u2711?

looks crazy by the way! No doubt when my family see this they'll think i have a problem or something....

Its difficult to say how it rates right now - the dell u2711 is a great screen, it oozes build quality. I have left the screens on default settings - but the 5450 seems to output a dull picture on the dell and left DGM, whereas the right DGM (6450) is much brighter.

If im honest i prefer the glossy screen, text looks a lot sharper than on the dell , but i have closed the curtains behind me, which is why i have the dell and like its AG coating too.

I may try to attempt removing the stand off the 24 inch in the 2nd pic and attach it to the DGM - still dubious about the warranty tho!

What i am happy about are the bezels being almost identical in width to the Dell (apart from the lower one off course).

Soldato
Yeah, I don't think any of the korean brands or monitors like this keep a consistent bezel all the way through. Even the crossover, with the thinnest bezel, still has an extended bottom bezel.

Soldato
Out of interest naan are you running the U2711 in its native colour space or sRGB?

I am just running the U2711 on standard setting - is it better in sRGB? i have never calibrated a monitor before -i dont know how! i find sRGB a bit dull

Last edited:
Associate
Out of interest naan are you running the U2711 in its native colour space or sRGB?

I bought a U2711 to replace my faulty Hazro the factory calibration on sRGB mode is excellent on the Dell, thought my Hazro was good but the Dell is much better. Shame the Dell screen looks 'muddy' in comparison to the glossy finish, can also see a very slight pink on the Dell.

Man of Honour
I am just running the U2711 on standard setting - is it better in sRGB? i have never calibrated a monitor before -i dont know how! i find sRGB a bit dull

given the DGM's are sRGB gamut only you may notice an obvious difference if you leave the U2711 in standard (wide) gamut. probably why PCM2 asked i expect

Associate
as far as i can see, the stand is screwed on to a metal plate inside. looks like you will need to remove the 4 screws on the back, this will enable you to remove the front bevel and get inside and unscrew the stand.

Soldato
as far as i can see, the stand is screwed on to a metal plate inside. looks like you will need to remove the 4 screws on the back, this will enable you to remove the front bevel and get inside and unscrew the stand.

I had a quick look, removing the screws didn't seem to loosen anything, so i put them back in! Needs somebody braver than me to take it apart. Its only that stupid plastic arm that needs coming off!

Associate
If we chant your name do you think you will give in to peer pressure? :p I might have a look but want to see official word from DGM/ OCUK that it wont void the warranty first.

Soldato

hehe i hold my hands up - it looks quite complicated - im worried the buttons on the front will fall out if i take it off.

Im having trouble setting it all up with two ati cards tbh - its getting on my nerves. I want the middle screen to have the taskbar and the DGM screens to extend to the left and the right of the dell :(

Soldato
I presume your running it as an exteneded display? In which case how are you having an issue? or is it eyefinity?

I would like to have the centre display as the main, with the left and right dislays as extensions to the left and right. As im using two cards i dont think it is possible.

The only way i can get something along those lines is to use eyefinity for left and and middle, and the right as extended

Associate
If you do it that way you can set the preferred display in eyefinity and also set which monitor you want the task bar to appear on, so to look at mission accomplished, but of course not as user friendly as extended.

Soldato
If you do it that way you can set the preferred display in eyefinity and also set which monitor you want the task bar to appear on, so to look at mission accomplished, but of course not as user friendly as extended.

But i cant see any other way it can be done, apart using the middle and left as 1 display in eyefinity?

Associate
Worth a try but not sure how eyefinity would handle the display group being split. Not to mention how scrolling from screen to screen would work.

IGNORE ME: didnt read your post properly. Eyfinity would mean that it would think of those screens as one screen anyway.

Back
Top Bottom