the dropped sessions are painful when theres no resume to current instance
flooding of useless trade channel joins
seems pretty low effort

Soldato
no widescreen support
the dropped sessions are painful when theres no resume to current instance
flooding of useless trade channel joins
seems pretty low effort

Calling it low effort is a bit uncalled for imho :). Yes there is some mindnumbing decisions made, like no support for UW(it was there in the alpha if i recall correct), but there are also plenty things done very well. They have listened to feedback before and i'm sure they will again.

Permabanned
If anyone wants Beta access without pre-ordering you can watch a stream on Twitch for 2.5 hours and get yourself access.

Make sure you watch a Diablo stream that has Drops enabled, Quin69 for example.

Thanks, I found this quite the palava though.

Signed up to everything, afk for the time period and get the drop. Got to connect account, but twitch says lol error. Google says you have error because twitch doesn't support Firefox, go install different browser.

Installed Chrome, yay no error. Input battlenet credentials via twitch, but no, says they're invalid. I had both login portals open, this and my pc one. PC one logs in, twitch one doesn't. I am literally copy and pasting my credentials....

OK, whatever, let's try login in via Google. Sign up to all that malarkey, new battlenet account, all connected and done. After installing, click play:

'The application encountered an unexpected error and needs to close'

:D

Soldato
Thanks, I found this quite the palava though.

Signed up to everything, afk for the time period and get the drop. Got to connect account, but twitch says lol error. Google says you have error because twitch doesn't support Firefox, go install different browser.

Installed Chrome, yay no error. Input battlenet credentials via twitch, but no, says they're invalid. I had both login portals open, this and my pc one. PC one logs in, twitch one doesn't. I am literally copy and pasting my credentials....

OK, whatever, let's try login in via Google. Sign up to all that malarkey, new battlenet account, all connected and done. After installing, click play:

'The application encountered an unexpected error and needs to close'

:D

Yeah that's some bad luck you had there lol

Was smooth as for me, no issues at all :p

Because when you make a game it makes it on battlenet instead of locally - even if you're alone.

D2R has no offline play. You'll always need to play through battle.net

They did say otherwise but in the last week it seems for whatever reason not to be the case anymore.

Associate
Plays well and has the feel of what I remember D2 to be. Lag was an issue at times but not died to it just yet, only a matter of time though. However I played D2 a huge amount back in the day so while it's a good nostalgia trip, doubt I'll pay full price for it.

Permabanned
Yeah that's some bad luck you had there lol

Was smooth as for me, no issues at all :p

Well, after D3 at launch, this is exactly why I didn't just straight up buy it. I'll check back for the second beta, though. Presumably it'll have been resolved by then, as it seems there's a few people having the same issue.

Also, read your beta characters get wiped, so no carrying them into the main game if anyone was wondering.

Soldato
Is it just me or do these remasters look graphically meh, this, CnC and Rome all disappointed me when it came to eye candy, sure they are done as remasters are supposed to in that not much of the game is changed and it's a lick of paint but I was expecting more in terms of graphics

Man of Honour
Is it just me or do these remasters look graphically meh, this, CnC and Rome all disappointed me when it came to eye candy, sure they are done as remasters are supposed to in that not much of the game is changed and it's a lick of paint but I was expecting more in terms of graphics

Just you maybe, I think its done very well, I mean to be quite honest I'm not sure really what more they could have done graphically and it still be Diablo 2.

Associate
Have you tried pressing G in-game to switch between old and new graphics? The beta's had its problems, but graphics is one area they've done a fantastic job imho. The game looks great and yet as a long-time D2 player everything is still absolutely recognisable as in the original game.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
No widescreen support = No cash from me, never played Diablo 2 so guess will stick to the grim dawn mod.

Back
Top Bottom