** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
Does anyone else find pure bow builds for the Rogue a bit underwhelming? I'm not sure if this class is designed to be played as a hybrid melee/ranged class, but going pure bow seems a bit of a struggle at times lol. Maybe it's still early days and things will pick up later on? I'm only lvl 30 so it could just be a mixture of poor items and not having all the available skills yet?

Last edited:
Associate
Having never played any Diablo before, have had fun running around with my shocking werebear druid - lvl 21 seems to highlight a build review required, as bosses are hard work soloing now.
Not started the 1st Act yet, just finding my feet, but the atmosphere is awesome.

Is there a global chat, that I haven't figured out where it is?

Soldato
What tier did everyone start on? I been on WT2 and I’m starting to be pummelled on some bosses or large groups (Level 30), tempted to knock it down but I hate how sometimes it can feel a bit easy :/

Associate
Having never played any Diablo before, have had fun running around with my shocking werebear druid - lvl 21 seems to highlight a build review required, as bosses are hard work soloing now.
Not started the 1st Act yet, just finding my feet, but the atmosphere is awesome.

Is there a global chat, that I haven't figured out where it is?

Unfortunately no global chat, which is a shame I think, makes the world feel more alive and you could just turn it off when it became annoying so unusual they didn't include it.

Man of Honour
What tier did everyone start on? I been on WT2 and I’m starting to be pummelled on some bosses or large groups (Level 30), tempted to knock it down but I hate how sometimes it can feel a bit easy :/
I'm only doing T2 HC at the moment, until I can unlock T3. Died a few times so have had to restart but overall doing alright, havent reached lvl 30 yet with a character though, lvl 29 was my highest before dying :)

Permabanned
Feel like a sick day would have been justified today being on the beta :cry:

Also encountered some utterly ridiculous stuttering on Sunday. Was fighting some boss and it was like a slide show. Then did that legion group thing without any hiccups. Also can't change my resolution, it's greyed out. So if I want 1440p I have to change my desktop to the same and the game will match it apparently. So I'm running 4k on a 2060 SC lul.

Managed to get my 3rd Tier 2 HC barb back up to lvl 21. Just passed 25 hours played so far, "proper" release day not even here yet and I've already almost made half of my required hours to meet the £ per hour value. I think I may be addicted :D

What build did you go with? Not into all this weapon switching as there's enough buttons to press in quick succession already, so I haven't used my two-handers for anything. I just equip new stuff that has better '+all stats'. I can't speak for other classes but this feels OP having two extra inventory slots to buff yourself with.

Also noticed a bug where the free leap that procs with kick/ground stomp actually activates kick again if there's a second charge available. You have to retarget before activating leap to make it work.

Permabanned
Anyone else getting a lot of cpu temperature spikes? I am running 7950x3d.
Although the game is running fine, I see my cpu temp is spiking every minute or two. The game is running at 55-58 degrees then suddenly spikes to 75-80 with a high of 84. Not seen any game get near these temps before.

Get up to max 70ºC spikes running a 7800X3D which is generally on par or a bit higher with everything else I've tested.

Although it doesn't look healthy, I don't think yours sounds too unreasonable if you're running this maxed out. Have you tested again since the new patch?

Soldato
Wow just finished the campaign.

Perfection.

Time it nicely dinged 50 for the final XP reward hah

I’m not a massive Diablo fan but I haven’t enjoyed an RPG like that in decades.

Associate
Does anyone else find pure bow builds for the Rogue a bit underwhelming? I'm not sure if this class is designed to be played as a hybrid melee/ranged class, but going pure bow seems a bit of a struggle at times lol. Maybe it's still early days and things will pick up later on? I'm only lvl 30 so it could just be a mixture of poor items and not having all the available skills yet?
Yup, ranged rogues don't have the same punch as some of the melee oriented builds. You spend most of your time running around, dodging and dashing trying to get some distance between your character and the monsters. It's that at point you realise, why not just play melee ?

Associate
Haha I’d want to cry. Never tried hardcore before.
I wouldn't dare try HC at the moment. I've had two crashes ( your character doesn't automatically log out so will continue to receive damage ), a bugged dungeon where I was permanently afflicted with poison until I logged out, and twice I couldn't use any of my skills or actions. Then there's the difficulty at T2+ ... I'm not saying it's very hard, but you can get one-shot almost out of nowhere ( lucky hits ? critical hits ? ).

Associate
Get up to max 70ºC spikes running a 7800X3D which is generally on par or a bit higher with everything else I've tested.

Although it doesn't look healthy, I don't think yours sounds too unreasonable if you're running this maxed out. Have you tested again since the new patch?
I'm below the 89 before throttling so not too worried. Doing the same with the new patch. I'm really just being curious as i've not seen this behaviour with any other game. Usually i'm between 50-60, with the hotter games around 60-65. Was quite shocked to see it jumping to 84 around 1x per minute as it is quite the jump from the usual on my pc.

Caporegime
Loving the fact that any alts get to use mounts straight away!

I was finding playing electric sorcerer was becoming a major drag, I switched to ice and it’s considerably more fun.

Back
Top Bottom