** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
When is the best time to start an alt? Should I progress to get the mount on my main first? I'm like level 22 at the moment, enjoying my class, but would like to try the others though. Or should I complete the main story completely so I can skip the story on alts?

Associate
For my Barb been reading around and think I'll change / try this build Carn's Thorns Barb

I'm just not 100% sure which weapons you're meant to apply to each skill? - as the final talent requires constant weapon switch between all 3 weapons sets, but Flay and Rend should be a 2 hander slasher so that seems to limit things? I can' see in the skills link in youtube description what it's meant to be, unless I'm, just being blind :)

Soldato
When is the best time to start an alt? Should I progress to get the mount on my main first? I'm like level 22 at the moment, enjoying my class, but would like to try the others though. Or should I complete the main story completely so I can skip the story on alts?

It's really up to you, horse is about half way through campaign. Final campaign chapter is designed for a mid 40 level character, any more and you're over-levelling the content

The campaign skip just allows levelling using dungeons and world map events, up to you if you think that's more fun than the campaign

• 75 extra attribute point in all attributes
  • 10 skill points
  • major town portals unlocked but the rest of the map undiscovered
  • 9 health potions
  • horsey
  • new endgame activities for levelling
  • any aspects unlocked from dungeons (this can be a huge benefit depending on the new char)
  • gold, gems, crafting materials

Associate
Loving this game so far, only issue is the irritating random crashes to desktop which seems to be a 40 series issue. Checked the vram usage and its always some 14 to 15gb then crashes if it hits the max 16gb.

Not entirely sure why d4 is allocating so much vram, I'm only playing at 3440x1440p... maybe I should have just got the 4090 instead of the 4080...

Associate
I'm someone who would only be interested in the story and I'd likely not concern myself too much with endgame. Is this game worth it for me?

Soldato
So for anyone who wants to run Sorcerer, this is the build I'm running. I levelled a fair amount of the way with a Frost build, but it's rather slow and this "Icetricity" build is much faster and clears packs by freezing them - which makes them vulnerable - applying burn and then whacking them with Charged bolts which simply *nukes* groups in no time at all.

The main build is:

5/5 Arc Lash + Enhanced + Glinting
5/5 Charged Bolts + Enhanced + Greater
1/5 Flame Shield + Enhanced + Shimmering
1/5 Teleport + Enhanced + Shimmering
1/5 Frost Nova + Enhanced + Mystical

Your Ultimate is Unstable Currents + Prime + Supreme

You want 1/5 Firebolt for the first Enchantment and Arc Lash for the Second - this adds burn damage to your attacks and an AoE stun when you use a cooldown.

You then want to add in 1 Static Discharge and 3 Shocking Impact, followed by filling out the Coursing Currents tree making sure you 3/3 Convulsions.

*Important* This build really needs the Helm Ability "Frost Nova gains an additional charge...." to function. Without it, it's really not as good, but with it, it's amazing.

Other recommended abilities:
"Your casts of Charged Bolt have a 15% chance to be attracted to enemies and last 300% longer"
"You deal 51% more damage to immobilized, stunned or frozen enemies" - you will always be triggering this.
"When you freeze an enemy there is a 27% chance they become vulnerable for 3 seconds".

If you try this, let me know how you get on. :)

This is almost identical to the Arc lash build on Maxroll. Been nurfed a bit because of the stuns but some peeps reporting it still strong later on when you're geared.

Soldato
yeah it's really good for controller, just a few builds struggle with aiming, it's not directional aiming issue more a distance aiming issue
I play on my xbox. Controller is great but as you say the distance is a little tricky on some skills. My ice sorc sometimes drops a blizzard or ice blades too far or not far enough. I very occasionally drop them completely wrong if I'm running around using skills.

Soldato
How does a controller work for abilities and moving?

On mouse you would use the mouse cursor to land your attacks\abilities\move, do you use 1 of the thumb sticks or something?

I am not a console player\owner but considering a controller for this if its a vast improvement as I wish they would use the WASD for movement.

I know you can use force move which I did with D3 but space is now used as dodge

Associate
Anyone playing with a controller? I just cant play with mouse clicks on ground it just doesn't feel right to me
Clicking and dragging mouse works for movement also. I don't like this method however as you don't hist the carts and other objects on the ground that have little bits of loot.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah left stick is move and also aim direction, then you have the 4 face buttons and 4 back buttons for your skills + heal and evade. The rest of the buttons map to other useful stuff like map, char screen, teleport etc

it feels smoother for movement and button pressing but you're slightly less accurate with exact positioning or anything that has a distance element like landing an AOE curse or picking a corpse to explode

your basic skill button acts as interact for looting. right stick can be used for enemy targeting but I don't use it. I think if you press it then you'll get a lock-on effect which might be useful in a boss + add fight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom