** Diablo 4 Thread **

I don't understand (well I kind of do due to reasons outside of the design process) why so many developers don't get how to do a good end game and make it interesting to keep playing both new and long term characters, it really isn't that difficult.

Which game does this well? Ones that aren't just stat grinds or marginally better gear that itself relies on rng for the right stats.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. All I seem to do is have 2 abilities, one for generate mana and the other to spend it with minions running around. I guess this is because i have no gear for the build as nothing seems to drop with any of the stats I need
With that build you’re meant to sacrifice the minions but I keep the skeletal reapers for solo play.

It feels clunky and not that effective to me so far, it might be gear related but I’m not sure. I might respec again if gear didn’t help, but to what? Hehe

around level 42 now on my seasonal rogue and still enjoying it, just feel like im stagnating a bit, i got hammered at the start of the wt3 cap dungeon and was like nope when i tried it on lvl 36 earlier lol

just feels like im wasting resources upgrading junk gear as i know the difference between wt2 and 3 gear, i want my hell tides lol
Whilst levelling/early levels I don't bother upgrading, I sell or scrap everything to build up my upgrade resources and then spend them on higher level gear on the higher tiers.

Tried a bit more of S1 today as a Rogue penetrating shot/puncture build. Damage output and gameplay really drops off in WT3. I think patch 1.1 has really hurt some of the non-meta builds. I switched to a standard twisting blade build and the difference is like night & day. The patches have done nothing to address the power difference between classes/builds. And, as for the S1 battlepass ... having only played for 3 days on/off I'm already at tier 63 ( out of 90 ). Looks like a player will hit the max tier way before lvl 100 ( I'm a quill rat kill away from lvl 55 atm ).

Last edited:
So I've just learnt that the malignant hearts won't even carry on. Does leave me wondering what's the point playing anymore? As a casual player to the franchise not much incentive

Yep, so every season will introduce these mechanics but they do not carry over to the eternal realm at the end. So when season 2 starts your season 1 character gets transferred to the eternal realm and they lose their malignant hearts

Blizzard has designed the game to basically force players to create a new character every 3 months

Last edited:
Which game does this well? Ones that aren't just stat grinds or marginally better gear that itself relies on rng for the right stats.
Path of exile. It has its own issues but the endgame is excellent. Loads of progression checks & tons of variety. Helps it has a decade worth of content gone into it at this stage. The game has been kind of coasting a bit the last couple of years as they've been working on POE 2

Last edited:
Yep, so every season will introduce these mechanics but they do not carry over to the eternal realm at the end. So when season 2 starts your season 1 character gets transferred to the eternal realm and they lose their malignant hearts

Blizzard has designed the game to basically force players to create a new character every 3 months

Seems very low effort, almost like the game is already in maintenance mode.

I mean that's how seasons work in other arpg games.

In other games a season is basically an economy reset which is often needed, problem with D4 is, it has no economy or content for that matter.

Seems very low effort, almost like the game is already in maintenance mode.

It's an ARPG with no end game, its nothing more than a casual friendly campaign game. There's no depth, there's no substance, the uniques and what should be the uber chase items are either trash or you have to play for, and someone worked this out, 600 years on average to drop one...

The dev team seems clueless and very poorly led IMO, I mean an absolute fundamental basic of any ARPG - resistances, don't even work and they're not fixing them until S2, they can't even manage an decent inventory/stash tab system and they've been making ARPG's since 1997...

It's been out less than two months and the hype has totally faded away. The curtain has been pulled back and the emporer has no clothes.

I remember diablo 3 at launch being much the same, lackluster and boring after the main storyline had been completed. I stayed away for a good year or two before picking it back up and enjoying it. I have a feeling diablo 4 will be much the same.

Give it time and I am sure it will be a much better and probably unrecognisable game in time. Hell there are plenty of diablo 3 things they could add to give huge quality of life improvements. Things that really should have been in the game already. I think it's very obvious the game has been released far to soon.

I remember diablo 3 at launch being much the same, lackluster and boring after the main storyline had been completed. I stayed away for a good year or two before picking it back up and enjoying it. I have a feeling diablo 4 will be much the same.

Give it time and I am sure it will be a much better and probably unrecognisable game in time. Hell there are plenty of diablo 3 things they could add to give huge quality of life improvements. Things that really should have been in the game already. I think it's very obvious the game has been released far to soon.

Another opportunity to salvage an IP fumbled. I wonder what reviews this would have got if it was released on steam. Seems having their own platform means they dont have to care about reviews and will never have to publish player count.

Another opportunity to salvage an IP fumbled. I wonder what reviews this would have got if it was released on steam. Seems having their own platform means they dont have to care about reviews and will never have to publish player count.
The reviews wouldn't have altered, they're reviewing the game not the platform. Player reviews I'm sure would be (are) a mixed bag, some will love D4's grind others find it more monotonous, I'm sure D4 will grow into it's clothes but it will take several patches/seasons for it to find it's stride as D3 did.

I am still on eternal as I haven't doen the lv70 capstone so i can't start a seasonal yet. I have a sorc that is level 63 and I tried the capstone got all the way to the final boss after completing both the others where you get the debuffs and I simply can't take the final boss. I got real close but I just can't finish him off before I run out of pots, cooldowns and damage output. what level can i realistically expect to be able to steamroll the capstone ? I am guessing it is possible before 70 ? the least attempt I spent over an hour before I gave up and the 2 exploration rounds you do before I had to go softly softly catchee mokey so i didn't get a full in your face load of agro in one go.

I am still on eternal as I haven't doen the lv70 capstone so i can't start a seasonal yet. I have a sorc that is level 63 and I tried the capstone got all the way to the final boss after completing both the others where you get the debuffs and I simply can't take the final boss. I got real close but I just can't finish him off before I run out of pots, cooldowns and damage output. what level can i realistically expect to be able to steamroll the capstone ? I am guessing it is possible before 70 ? the least attempt I spent over an hour before I gave up and the 2 exploration rounds you do before I had to go softly softly catchee mokey so i didn't get a full in your face load of agro in one go.
You just need to have completed the story campaign buddy. No need for WT4 capstone to play season 1

Diablo 4 just need some extra content and further development with many QOL changes, probably another 1-2 years at least, I am sure we will get there eventually. Combat is great, campaign is great. First 50h (100h for me) are great. There has to be better class balancing for sure. It's an always online arpg with a lot of mmo content that they clearly want us to play in groups but there isn't even a basic LFG tool, kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom