** Diablo 4 Thread **

Permabanned
Does anyone have any tips for finding gear?

I am a Necro and struggling to find gear with the stats I want which is turn is stopping me upgrading older items as I will loose the stats I currently have.

Currently running Domhainne Tunnels for levelling up and checking yellows\legendaries that drop from it at the moment

Try the PVP realm. Lots of elites, events, collect seeds and turn them into red dust and use them like obols. Selection is limited to a few armor items but I've had some good things from it. If you bloodmark yourself, you can open the balant chests which throw out legendaries quite frequently. Also the boss thing to kill.

Can maybe help drag me through the levels 70 cap?

Would do but you're probably S1 so I can't.

Soldato
Season 2 trailer

Vampire themed questline
Use vampire powers - whatever that is
5 new end game bosses to tackle

The patch will also rework gem storage, fix resistance damage reduction scaling, allow users to farm for Uber uniques with higher drop rate, added a search function for storage, and this time all reknown Carrie's over, all paragon carries over - basically makes starting a new character really easy because all the boring farming is done for you

Last edited:
Soldato
Season 2 trailer

Vampire themed questline

The patch will also rework gem storage, fix resistance damage reduction scaling, allow users to farm for Uber uniques with higher drop rate, added a search function for storage, and this time all reknown Carrie's over, all paragon carries over - basically makes starting a new character really easy because all the boring farming is done for you

that sounds a lot better than what we got with season 1 :)

Associate
Anyone got a guild I can join? :)

Very interested in PvP but need to get leveling some more (I'm currently 51 Sorc Eternal)

Feel free to add me as none of my friends are currently playing: Dom#2736

kar

kar

Associate
I'm stuck with this game - I want to love it, but I'm finding it such a chore to play. Level 28 fire sorceress and I play as a completionist - i do *every* sidequest, normally enjoy 'grazing' through games but D4 just stopped being much fun for me after about level 15. I feel like the level scaling means moving anywhere is always a chore so making my way across the map or exploring is a lot of work that I end up getting to the dungeon / or area I want to and I'm already a bit tired.

I can play in 1-2 hour increments so I have fixed time which probably exacerbates this, but I've not played in weeks and it's annoying as I want to complete it (just to mark it as 'done') but just *cant* do it. Is there much speculation on the future direction of the game as I did struggle with D3 initially but then utterly loved it after Reaper of Souls.

Soldato
You do get a horse later in the game which makes getting about a lot easier, so i would skip the sidequests until then.
I can’t do that, not in town, crash! The horse is great:)

Last edited:
Associate
Never got above lv80 in the original release. Didn't touch season 1. Is this still a boring flat game or have they listened?
You might want to wait until at least next season. They are promising to add some much wanted QoL features, including not having to grind out renown ever again. However, the post lvl 70 endgame is still a problem with nightmare dungeons the only real content. And loot/itemisation remains very uninspiring ( there is no word yet on when that'll be addressed ).

Last edited:
Associate
I'm stuck with this game - I want to love it, but I'm finding it such a chore to play. Level 28 fire sorceress and I play as a completionist - i do *every* sidequest, normally enjoy 'grazing' through games but D4 just stopped being much fun for me after about level 15. I feel like the level scaling means moving anywhere is always a chore so making my way across the map or exploring is a lot of work that I end up getting to the dungeon / or area I want to and I'm already a bit tired.

I can play in 1-2 hour increments so I have fixed time which probably exacerbates this, but I've not played in weeks and it's annoying as I want to complete it (just to mark it as 'done') but just *cant* do it. Is there much speculation on the future direction of the game as I did struggle with D3 initially but then utterly loved it after Reaper of Souls.
If you're feeling the game to be very "grindy" by lvl 28, my advice would be to give up now. It gets very stale by the time you hit ~70 ( or World tier 4 ). I'm sure the game will improve eventually, much in the same way D3 did after Reaper of Souls expansion. But that could be 2 years off.

kar

kar

Associate
It’s not even the grind that is really a problem per se, it’s just that the grind feels like digging to China with a tea spoon. My character always feels so impotent no matter progression. If I could increasingly light up mobs like a Christmas tree as I cross the map I think it would feel better. It’s more that than anything. I’m not invested enough to really understand the loot drops yet but that’s not really seemed satisfying yet either.

It’s such a shame as I really enjoy the sound, atmosphere and story. Would I maybe be better off starting a fresh char and just blitz the central quests?

Soldato
You might want to wait until at least next season. They are promising to add some much wanted QoL features, including not having to grind out renown ever again. However, the post lvl 70 endgame is still a problem with nightmare dungeons the only real content. And loot/itemisation remains very uninspiring ( there is no word yet on when that'll be addressed ).

Damn, thanks. The gameplay was great fun, not the gameplay loop. And yea, the loot was the killer for me, on release and shortly after we were spoiled! Then it just became a spam fest of terrible loot. 1 peice of decent gear every couple of levels at best.

Shame.

Associate
It’s not even the grind that is really a problem per se, it’s just that the grind feels like digging to China with a tea spoon. My character always feels so impotent no matter progression. If I could increasingly light up mobs like a Christmas tree as I cross the map I think it would feel better. It’s more that than anything. I’m not invested enough to really understand the loot drops yet but that’s not really seemed satisfying yet either.

It’s such a shame as I really enjoy the sound, atmosphere and story. Would I maybe be better off starting a fresh char and just blitz the central quests?
If you want to feel powerful you really need to go with one of the "meta" builds. Just going with the flow, picking skills that looks interesting, and not researching the various item affixes will lead to disapointment. There really is only a handful of builds that can melt monsters ; all the rest never manage to break or keep ahead of the monster scaling mechanic.

Reactions: kar
Associate
Damn, thanks. The gameplay was great fun, not the gameplay loop. And yea, the loot was the killer for me, on release and shortly after we were spoiled! Then it just became a spam fest of terrible loot. 1 peice of decent gear every couple of levels at best.

Shame.
After lvl 70 or so you may never see another item that you consider an upgrade. If you can stomach that, by all means .. jump back in !

Last edited:
Soldato
Season 2 trailer

Vampire themed questline

Definitely positive and much-needed changes.

Associate
Permabanned
So I got 10 days and I'm level 91. Some thoughts..

Helltides suck. Boring and way too easy, **** loot and only the mystery box is good (if you can ever find it). Spits out sacred rares for 150 cinders, stopped doing them now.

Events are the same. Super easy, massive yawn fest. Also too short. Only WB is kinda entertaining but again still zero threat whatsoever.

NMs are great. Nice way to create your own challenge, tonnes of loot. To the guy that said there's no sense of achievement, do one well above your station. Should be an incentive to do them co-op, spawn them like events or something as they're too much a solo affair.

PVP. The realms themselves are really good for farming, but I've had tonnes of fun playing actual PVP. Genuinely can't wait till this crappy season is over and you're all forced back into the realm of men.

It's going to bloodbath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom