** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
Decent story if you like the earlier games. After that tho, there is nothing to keep you interested. Will be coming back after a few seasons when they have improved how everything works. The whole item and upgrade system is terrible, which ruins the late game imo.

Soldato
Is this game really that bad? The reviews seem ok to good - is it worth it for the single player / story mode?

The game is fun to play until you finish the story, as long as you are happy with that then it's worth it. Finishing the story takes about 20 hours

Last edited:
Soldato
I've hit level 71 with my Necro but I cannot muster the motivation to continue to level it as its a slog getting this far.

When going from 69 to 70 I needed 3.4 mil XP, from 70 to 71 I need 7.8 mil.

Just going from nm dungeons to farming XP and doing it all solo and loosing out on the XP boost which you get from groups is annoying.

No public way of joining groups unlike D3

Associate
I'm still having fun playing. Perhaps I enjoy more than others here is because I largely play couch co-cop with my son. My barb now easily kills things +10 levels so I can do the right nm dungeon in just a few minutes now so I don't find the grind too slow. It's not a perfect game by any means, but I think it gets a bit of a tough ride from many.

Soldato
I'm still having fun playing. Perhaps I enjoy more than others here is because I largely play couch co-cop with my son. My barb now easily kills things +10 levels so I can do the right nm dungeon in just a few minutes now so I don't find the grind too slow. It's not a perfect game by any means, but I think it gets a bit of a tough ride from many.
I would enjoy the game so much more if I had someone to grind with but solo its just boring and you loose out on the XP Boost.

I loved D3 as could jump in with randoms and play the GR Rifts or Rifts but D4 has no public grouping at all.

I do at times have a friend that I team up with but we always seem to play at different times.

Soldato
Is this game really that bad? The reviews seem ok to good - is it worth it for the single player / story mode?

I did roughly around 50 hours, completed the main story and did a few of the end game stuff but not enough to get bored as some did in here. The single player campaign is great though imo, and there is a cutscene near the end that is up there with the best of any game I've played.

Soldato
I was playing a lot until a week or so ago and it has mostly been enjoyable. I'm only a level 76 sorc but I've run out of incentives to keep playing or grinding. I don't mind a bit of a grind if I feel like there's a good reward for it. There's just too little variety, too much repetition, and not enough reward. I haven't had decent loot as upgrades for several levels at least, which given my play time is around 2-3 weeks ago. I haven't encountered the uniques that I need for my build. There aren't any interesting cosmetics to work towards and I've already completed the battle pass without much effort.

Knowing the end of the season isn't far off, I feel zero incentive to keep grinding away for little enjoyment/reward for my time.

I hope that D4 will get in to better shape in the coming months, but I'm feeling ready to park the game and come back when more significant changes are made to the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Blizzard says Diablo 4 will get new paid expansions once a year

So the content road map is more or less they release 4 seasons of 2-3 months each and then a new expansion, followed by 4 more seasons and then an expansion and this repeats every year

So around July/August 2024 we will get the first expansion and then every year after that in July/August a new expansion will be released with seasonal content in between

Blizzard has not yet stated what the price of the expansions will be

Last edited:
Soldato
Blizzard says Diablo 4 will get new paid expansions once a year

So the content road map is more or less they release 4 seasons of 2-3 months each and then a new expansion, followed by 4 more seasons and then an expansion and this repeats every year

So around July/August 2024 we will get the first expansion and then every year after that in July/August a new expansion will be released with seasonal content in between

Blizzard has not yet stated what the price of the expansions will be

Probably £60 for base DLC or £90 for premium versions. It would have to be very good and cheap(< £15) for me to buy it but that’s not going to happen.

Associate
Probably £60 for base DLC or £90 for premium versions. It would have to be very good and cheap(< £15) for me to buy it but that’s not going to happen.
Yeah, they can take a hike if they expect another £60-90 for DLC that adds features which should have been in the game at launch. And on top of that they are charging for "premium" battlepasses, which as we've seen from S1 and the recently announced S2 are light on content.

Associate
I've hit level 71 with my Necro but I cannot muster the motivation to continue to level it as its a slog getting this far.

When going from 69 to 70 I needed 3.4 mil XP, from 70 to 71 I need 7.8 mil.

Just going from nm dungeons to farming XP and doing it all solo and loosing out on the XP boost which you get from groups is annoying.

No public way of joining groups unlike D3
I'm on most nights around 8.30ish to 11ish if you want to group up. Level 70 Barb.

Soldato
Official Stats for diablo 4. Percentage of player who have done the following:

Completed the campaign: 52%

Reached Level 100: 4%

Kill any world boss: 38%

Complete an Ancestral NMD: 24%

Played on hardcore: 2%

Explore the entire world map: 14%

Open 20 Tree of Whispers Caches: 6%

Defeat Uber Lilith: 1%

Associate
personally I wasn't super dissapointed with the game but have also barely played it - for someone with thousands of hours in poe and diablo 3, I can't find any motivation to play it. I think I played more d2r to be honest

Soldato
I gave up at level 83. Just had enough of the same thing over and over again. It felt like a time waste. It felt like another job.
I can understand this, I'm 71 atm and just cannot be bothered repeating the same XP farming route or NM dungeons for levelling glyphs.

Problem is I am enjoying the game still but motivation past 70 is not there due to the large amounts of XP needed per level. I would still be playing if it had public grouping to benefit from the XP boost

Back
Top Bottom