** Diablo 4 Thread **

Not at all, as I said, if I'm wrong about how the D4 system works, that's great for everyone and I'm the fool.

But if I'm right, that's good for me, but everyone else is the fool.

The point I'm making though is that in other ARPG games, those skill enhancements come from their passive skill trees and not through an RNG item drop. With many of the build defining items enhancing or changing how a skill functions for example Voltaxic Rift in poe a bow that changes your damage type from lightning to chaos. Transforming how you would build and scale your damage.

Or Voidforge a sword that converts your physical damage to elemental damage, transforming how you would scale your damage, yet allow you to use any melee skill that dealt physical damage.

D3 is exactly this way. Your skills need the legendarys while levelling otherwise it's gonna be a long drawn out slog. New char in D3 is to get Kanais cube, upgrade rare and hope for that build enabling legendary. Then gamble shards at Kadala for another build enabling legendary.

The point I'm making though is that in other ARPG games, those skill enhancements come from their passive skill trees and not through an RNG item drop. With many of the build defining items enhancing or changing how a skill functions for example Voltaxic Rift in poe a bow that changes your damage type from lightning to chaos. Transforming how you would build and scale your damage.

Exactly, I for one will not be purchasing this. It's D3 all over again never liked this method in the first place.

If for example you find the legendary power that enables druid tornado to not be **** at level 10, by level 15 that piece of gear is junk, you can transfer the power to a new piece of gear, but you can only do it once.

I didn't realise this was a one time thing, that's interesting. Quite a few powers seem to be on the book thing you get from completing dungeons, so hopefully this allows for a lot of decent combos without having to hunt down a specific power.

Considering the absolute state that Last of Us has released on PC today, Blizzard really have done a great job in preparing the grounds for this AAA title. Sony should take note :)

I didn't realise this was a one time thing, that's interesting. Quite a few powers seem to be on the book thing you get from completing dungeons, so hopefully this allows for a lot of decent combos without having to hunt down a specific power.

Keep in mind that the powers that you permanently unlock via dungeons have the minimum values possible. So it'll always be better to find a weapon and extract the power.

Tempted by the Standard version of this, not bothered by the other editions as I likely won't put in as many hours as I did with Diablo 3...

Wonder how long it'll be for it to drop in price, either on some sort of sale, or just because....

A very long time. Blizzard aren't known for discounts.
Tempted by the Standard version of this, not bothered by the other editions as I likely won't put in as many hours as I did with Diablo 3...

Wonder how long it'll be for it to drop in price, either on some sort of sale, or just because....

I don't get anywhere near as much time to play games these days, hence why I mainly play free stuff, the offspring might want this, if so then I'll get it as well, failing that might just skip it, first in the series I'll have missed but mate I used to play with died of The Rona' so it'll be an odd one..

Looking forward to be playing everybody's hated class, the barb. Kicking things so they explode are just so satisfying :p
You've got it wrong, the hated class is the Druid. The Barbarian actually feels quite good to play ; there's weight behind the attacks etc. Problem is lack of mobility and boss design which is very melee unfriendly. The Druid just doesn't feel good at all ; slow, clunky and hits like a wet noodle unless decked out in legendary gear/aspects.

You've got it wrong, the hated class is the Druid. The Barbarian actually feels quite good to play ; there's weight behind the attacks etc. Problem is lack of mobility and boss design which is very melee unfriendly. The Druid just doesn't feel good at all ; slow, clunky and hits like a wet noodle unless decked out in legendary gear/aspects.
Nah, barbs in general. Their only use is as meat shields.... GO FETCH THE BADDY, BOY! :D

Many of the skill specific legendary powers are found on drops only, the legendary powers you can use repeatidly are all generic powers that have little impact on how a skill plays.
fair enough, which for me is a rather bad design choice then. shame as the game looks great and feels / plays great i found.
but the customization is just not deep enough for me, along with the "mmo-rpgs"-ness of everything. i.e. timed world bosses are a huge turn off for me. :(

fair enough, which for me is a rather bad design choice then. shame as the game looks great and feels / plays great i found.
but the customization is just not deep enough for me, along with the "mmo-rpgs"-ness of everything. i.e. timed world bosses are a huge turn off for me. :(

Just don't join in with the world bosses aspect then? Diablo3 was "always online" too, it's just a fact of life these days. The mmo elements can be completely ignored without impacting your individual experience

I felt it needs at least 10 slots for skills, a couple of buff skills and an ultimate only leave 3 skill slots free

Completely missed the boat with this one. Love the other 3 diablos but for some reason im not feeling the hype. I think the mobile version, which was a complete mess, has kind of ruined the diablo experience for me...I know that sounds daft lol.

How are or how have people found the beta?

I felt it needs at least 10 slots for skills, a couple of buff skills and an ultimate only leave 3 skill slots free

6 skill slots is the same format ALL diablo games have used

Completely missed the boat with this one. Love the other 3 diablos but for some reason im not feeling the hype. I think the mobile version, which was a complete mess, has kind of ruined the diablo experience for me...I know that sounds daft lol.

How are or how have people found the beta?

I really enjoyed the beta :) It ran flawlessly on my PC and SD too

Back
Top Bottom