** Diablo 4 Thread **

Problem I have with the game is that the skill system and the skill tree has been specifically designed with the legendary powers in mind, the skill tree is bland and garbage for many classes until you find the powers.

If for example you find the legendary power that enables druid tornado to not be **** at level 10, by level 15 that piece of gear is junk, you can transfer the power to a new piece of gear, but you can only do it once. After that you'll have to find the same legedary power again otherwise you'll be stuck with a low level item for ages, or you can just not play that skill until you reach level cap

I'm calling it now, within a week or two of launch reddit/battle.net forums will be an absolute cluster **** of complaints about the system.

Last edited:
Problem I have with the game is that the skill system and the skill tree has been specifically designed with the legendary powers in mind, the skill tree is bland and garbage for many classes until you find the powers.

If for example you find the legendary power that enables druid tornado to not be **** at level 10, by level 15 that piece of gear is junk, you can transfer the power to a new piece of gear, but you can only do it once. After that you'll have to find the same legedary power again otherwise you'll be stuck with a low level item for ages, or you can just not play that skill until you reach level cap

I'm calling it now, within a week or two of launch reddit/battle.net forums will be an absolute cluster **** of complaints about the system.

No one is gonna care about the level of their drops during campaign, it will be a minor inconvenience. When you get to max level all your drops will be the same level.

All these games are like that tho, you farm for hours and hours to get the items you need to be able to farm hours and hours at a slightly higher tier and repeat. Thats the whole point of the game.

I disagree, many of the skills in D4 currently are horrendous to use, and they remain that way until you find a specific legendary that turns that rubbish skill into something usable. It's almost like blizzard took the fleshed out skill tree with cool bonuses and enhancements and butchered them in order to make their legendary power items.

There are some exceptions obviously, for example the Sorcerer, this class is perfectly functional without any legendary powers, but they become god tier with them.

Barb/Druid are horrible until you find certain legendary powers, leaving the base build feeling incredibly weak and frustrating to play. Remember that legendary items will not be readily available at launch, so you may never see the item with the power you need while leveling so build diveristy may not exist until you reach endgame.

In both last epoch and poe, you are able to play a build, and over time enhance it with the passive trees, uniques or craft the specific mods you require for it to excell. Obviously there are some builds you cannot play until you find certain items, although that requirement is slowly changing like for example low life RF, with the addition of Petrified Blood, you could play low life using only your HP until you found Shavronnes Wrappings. Or there's cast on crit ice nova, perfectly function without any unique items, but when you do find them, the build leaps in power.

This isn't the case with D4, if you want to play a build with specific skills, those skills barely function at all until you have the legendary powers.

Last edited:
No one is gonna care about the level of their drops during campaign, it will be a minor inconvenience. When you get to max level all your drops will be the same level.

If you find the wearbear legendary and play that build from level 10, and by level 50 when you reach the next difficulty you absolutely have to replace that item because your taking double/triple or quadruple damage until you do, are you going to stop playing wearbear because you don't have the legendary power or are you going to go, this sucks and stop playing the build.

If I'm wrong about this and D4 doesn't work like that, that's great, but if I'm right, that's bad for everyone.

Last edited:
There may be an argument for making the levelling experience on release a bit more fun for certain classes but the majority of players are going to be max level within a couple of days anyway.

I've played numerous aRPGs and all of them have classes or builds that are more fun or powerful during the levelling process and others that feel meh until you get certain gear. The codex of power is also going to make the levelling experience much better on alts once you have most of the permanent ones unlocked.

Last edited:
There may be an argument for making the levelling experience on release a bit more fun for certain classes but the majority of players are going to be max level within a couple of days anyway.

I've played numerous aRPGs and all of them have classes or builds that are more fun or powerful during the levelling process and others that feel meh until you get certain gear. The codex of power is also going to make the levelling experience much better on alts once you have most of the permanent ones unlocked.

Finish the campaign in a couples days sure for the hardcore gamers, expected to take around 35 hours ish which is level 45-50, but max level? No chance. Average joe probably won't finish the campaign for a week or more at least.

Last edited:
Finish the campaign in a couples days sure for the hardcore gamers, expected to take around 35 hours ish which is level 45-50, but max level? No chance. Average joe probably won't finish the campaign for a week or more at least.

Still a tiny part of the game cycle for the majority of players and Blizzard are obviously focused on the longevity of the game rather than someone crying about a Druid not feeling as fun as Sorcerer at level 25. This is just for release as well, once seasons are underway there are always faster levelling processes implemented.

No game is perfectly balanced and I'm sure big changes will be made before release off all the data they have from the beta weekends. Barb and Druid couldn't even do their class quests as they are in another zone. I just think people are putting far too much emphasis on a low level experience they've had in the beta. Even then, we've already seen people making fun and powerful builds within a day for those classes people have written off as crap.

Last edited:

To be fair, reddit is an absolute cluster **** of complaints about every game prior, during and after their release. Its the biggest cesspit of morons in the gaming verse :D

One thing is for sure, in hardcore its going to take me a LOT longer than a couple of days to finish the campaign !

thought there was the option to have a lower powered one with infinite uses, can't remember the name of it. usually unlocked by dungeons?! then have the full powered version which you can extract from an item and apply it once to another item.

thought there was the option to have a lower powered one with infinite uses, can't remember the name of it. usually unlocked by dungeons?! then have the full powered version which you can extract from an item and apply it once to another item.

Many of the skill specific legendary powers are found on drops only, the legendary powers you can use repeatidly are all generic powers that have little impact on how a skill plays.

I don't understand some of the complaints. Do you want every single skill in the game to roffle stomp every mob/elite/boss/dungeon at all times? Surely there has to be points in the game in which a skill is a little lacking until you get that legendary or 5 levels later when that initial skill combos off another skill? Isn't that the whole point? LOL

Am I missing something? O_o

Not at all, as I said, if I'm wrong about how the D4 system works, that's great for everyone and I'm the fool.

But if I'm right, that's good for me, but everyone else is the fool.

The point I'm making though is that in other ARPG games, those skill enhancements come from their passive skill trees and not through an RNG item drop. With many of the build defining items enhancing or changing how a skill functions for example Voltaxic Rift in poe a bow that changes your damage type from lightning to chaos. Transforming how you would build and scale your damage.

Or Voidforge a sword that converts your physical damage to elemental damage, transforming how you would scale your damage, yet allow you to use any melee skill that dealt physical damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom