** Diablo 4 Thread **

Completely missed the boat with this one. Love the other 3 diablos but for some reason im not feeling the hype. I think the mobile version, which was a complete mess, has kind of ruined the diablo experience for me...I know that sounds daft lol.

How are or how have people found the beta?
Same here, didn't even play the second beta. I don't know if I'll be picking it up, and I've got thousands of hours in D3.

Completely missed the boat with this one. Love the other 3 diablos but for some reason im not feeling the hype. I think the mobile version, which was a complete mess, has kind of ruined the diablo experience for me...I know that sounds daft lol.

How are or how have people found the beta?
I really enjoyed it, got a bit of Diablo withdrawal symptoms now, going to be a looong wait for another 2 months before being able to play it again

I've been trying to fill the void with D2:R as never got round to it. It's a really different beast and I don't think I like it. The skills menu for one thing is a giant PITA. I have a 65% kb so F keys need a function button press.

I've been trying to fill the void with D2:R as never got round to it. It's a really different beast and I don't think I like it. The skills menu for one thing is a giant PITA. I have a 65% kb so F keys need a function button press.

Not sure what else you've played, but Last Epoch has just had an update recently and the new Path of Exile season starts next Friday if you're interested in an ARPG to fill the gap :)

Diablo 2 resurrected has 12 from what I recall.

They added a 2nd bar with 16 slots, plus the left/right mouse button.

slots 1-8 are defaulted to F1-F8 but you can change that. Many people choose to use the keys QWER ASDF ZXCV F1-F4, I think the console version has default 8 bindings, which begs the question why only 6 in D4.

Last edited:
They added a 2nd bar with 16 slots, plus the left/right mouse button.

slots 1-8 are defaulted to F1-F8 but you can change that. Many people choose to use the keys QWER ASDF ZXCV F1-F4, I think the console version has default 8 bindings, which begs the question why only 6 in D4.

That might help if i can change. But it still seems like a clunky 2 button push system to fire a skill. One button push to get it on your hot bar, then the rmb to use it. Unless I’m missing something there too

Last edited:
Not sure what else you've played, but Last Epoch has just had an update recently and the new Path of Exile season starts next Friday if you're interested in an ARPG to fill the gap :)
Yeah eagerly awaiting tomorrow’s league reveal for poe. Last epoch i won’t play till it’s out of EA

Neither of those are for me, but I might well have another playthrough of Grim Dawn in the meantime

I felt it needs at least 10 slots for skills, a couple of buff skills and an ultimate only leave 3 skill slots free

Buff skills are stupid; it's terrible game design that only serves to waste time - and that's fine in an mmo like world of Warcraft where you pay for time to play but this isn't a f2p game or a subscription

Last edited:
Just don't join in with the world bosses aspect then? Diablo3 was "always online" too, it's just a fact of life these days. The mmo elements can be completely ignored without impacting your individual experience
aren't certain upgrade materials required, if so then yes it's a thing you need. nothing to do with always online, PoE and Last epoch (multiplayer world) are always online, that is not the issue.
in other arpgs there is no requirement for me to be online at x hour. i can do what i want when i want.

Neither of those are for me, but I might well have another playthrough of Grim Dawn in the meantime

check out the GD season mod, it adds a new section to the game and new items which help enable more builds and patch some gear issues

the actual league has ended but pretty sure you can still run the patch system and play in SP (the servers where basically recording points for the league like a mini gauntlet event)

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
I felt it needs at least 10 slots for skills, a couple of buff skills and an ultimate only leave 3 skill slots free
not bothered about the amount of skill lots, just want more customization for them. i'd like to be able to build a skill in different ways, say fireball give me the option of now shooting out 3 fireballs instead of 1, or chaining option, or just a huge explosion at the end, etc. at the moment i get 2 options + however many there on legendary gear. now obviously we have not seen all the legendary aspects yet so not sure how much customization we did not see in the beta.

It seems you need a degree to learn PoE skills and classes, and apps to build the class as you go along. I would play it but that puts me off entirely haha

Path of Building is a useful app to have for PoE and actually makes it easier to run a successful char by importing other people's builds. Apart from that it's mainly QoL trade plugins like you used to get for WoW back in the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom