** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Yeah, because there's zero thinly veiled insults in the other direction :rolleyes:

The spreadsheet Andy stuff is a meme but has some truth behind it, it's not an insult, more an exaggeration of the level of planning required for a PoE character.

PoE andys malding because they came in here with their mind made up and got upset when some Diablo enjoyers responded in kind.

Soldato
OP

Update from Blizzard on dungeon layouts, the font, the UI, and class balance.

Man of Honour

Update from Blizzard on dungeon layouts, the font, the UI, and class balance.
Happy with those changes on the whole, most of those were clearly needed

Associate
Bit strange necro's and chain lightning are getting a nerf. Hydra was way more powerful compared to chain lightning. Didn't see anything about the rogue either, considering they can solo the world boss in minutes, its a bit surprising. Still, early days etc. Edit: spotted the rogue nerf!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm surprised they took out the ability to reset a dungeon and put it under "Quality of life" improvements. If anything it's the opposite, so instead of being able to reset a dungeon yourself and re-run it you'll have to travel to another dungeon, and wait for them all to naturally reset.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not taken part in any of the beta stuff or even looked at previews as I like going in fresh to some games. Thanks to this thread I've got some other ARPGs which I am enjoying.
My only complaint with some of them and granted this is on me for choosing normal difficulty is they do seem a bit easier at times.

Another thing I struggle with sometimes is I'm trying to click to attack an enemy but I don't quite get it on them and I end up moving instead. This is when I'm trying to use mouse and keyboard though not controller. Any tips welcome

Soldato
Another thing I struggle with sometimes is I'm trying to click to attack an enemy but I don't quite get it on them and I end up moving instead. This is when I'm trying to use mouse and keyboard though not controller. Any tips welcome
In Diablo 3 when attacking and wanting to stand still hold shift, this stops you from moving.

If you wish to move without attacking then assign force move to a key and this will allow you to move and walk through mobs without attacking

Soldato
In Diablo 3 when attacking and wanting to stand still hold shift, this stops you from moving.

If you wish to move without attacking then assign force move to a key and this will allow you to move and walk through mobs without attacking

Holy ****, I just saw on the other game the shift to hold is there! Why didn't I look in the bindings. Thank you, it's really useful when playing ranged!

Soldato
Holy ****, I just saw on the other game the shift to hold is there! Why didn't I look in the bindings. Thank you, it's really useful when playing ranged!
No problem, glad its there and works

I play a DH in D3 atm and you need to keep your distance to keep max damage up so moving when you dont want too is not good when trying to attacl

Caporegime
I'm surprised they took out the ability to reset a dungeon and put it under "Quality of life" improvements. If anything it's the opposite, so instead of being able to reset a dungeon yourself and re-run it you'll have to travel to another dungeon, and wait for them all to naturally reset.
Well it didn't really fit with their game design tbh, however it seems rather pointless to remove it due to the beta as it highly exaggerated it's use beyond normal play.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm very excited for D4. I'm trying really hard to not give Blizzard any more money but the 4 day early access is very tempting, I might have to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe.

Associate
Having seen the update notes I'm now wondering if playing Barbarian is the way to go. Bosses/mini bosses have had their mechanics re-tuned to be fairer on melee classes ; whirlwind damage increased and a flat 10% damage reduction.

I don't understand the Sorceror changes. Fair enough, chain lightning needed a slight tweak to reduce damage, but a lot of the other skills are really weak, with the exception of hydra. Everyone's going to use hydra now ...

And I think Tombstone was in charge of the Necromancer changes - minions be damned !

Last edited:
Don
Having seen the update notes I'm now wondering if playing Barbarian is the way to go. Bosses/mini bosses have had their mechanics re-tuned to be fairer on melee classes ; whirlwind damage increased and a flat 10% damage reduction.

I don't understand the Sorceror changes. Fair enough, chain lightning needed a slight tweak to reduce damage, but a lot of the other skills are really weak, with the exception of hydra. Everyone's going to use hydra now ...

And I think Tombstone was in charge of the Necromancer changes - minions be damned !
To be fair, the minions were a bit OP. When you had a "full set" up and running, they barely ever died.

Back
Top Bottom