** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
It just sets the game off with a bad taste when they are this out of touch. Once the early hype settles will be interesting to see what the reviews are for the game a month or 2 after launch. You know it sgonna have a huge initial surge of players but with any arpg the endgame will be where it holds peoples attention.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Never really understood the "first to do something" crowd/mentality. Its rife in MMOs with all the "server firsts". Dont see the point myself.
You even see it on tiny population private servers for various games. Talking under 100 people sometimes, I can't imagine what must be devoid in a person's life for it to ever be a concern in that context.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Never really understood the "first to do something" crowd/mentality. Its rife in MMOs with all the "server firsts". Dont see the point myself.

I get it, if your good enough with your discipline to grind non stop for a concentrated period then it’s an extra layer of competition on top of the base game. This is just an extension of blasting the campaign in a rush to get to end game.
And here there is an actual reward for it, beyond bragging rights.

Not sure I’ll ever get a standard char to 100 in this, let alone chase it in HC on my first char

Caporegime
I wonder what percentage of those thousand will end up being banned?

It just inherently has no longevity beyond the PR campaign on Twitter/boosting content creators and possibly some eventual sale to some mega wealthy 'fan' when Microsoft wants to trim the fat. Doesn't impact me at all as I have zero interest in competition in this format, but certainly from a drama/content standpoint I think there's value to be had as part of a greater story.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yeah it's just competing, most hobbies have some form of competition if you look at like running, cycling, football etc
Yeah I think thats maybe the difference between me and those players, I'm not competing, I play to have fun with friends not to compete. Its probably why who got to what zone or killed what boss or reach level x first is meaningless to me

Soldato
lots of people, can you not see the replies :confused:

Those that are likely to complain are also likely to actually not be good enough to compete in that story of race anyway. It's the v sorry if thing the top 1% of players do and the top 1% of hardcore are a very select few players that are even capable of achieving 100 by no lifing the game for several days.

Look at poe and the races they have there's maybe a dozen or so that compete and even fewer compete in hardcore that are streamers.

The recent hardcore solo self found ruthless race for vip tickets to exilecon had very few players that were capable of achieving the goals.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Those that are likely to complain are also likely to actually not be good enough to compete in that story of race anyway. It's the v sorry if thing the top 1% of players do and the top 1% of hardcore are a very select few players that are even capable of achieving 100 by no lifing the game for several days.

Look at poe and the races they have there's maybe a dozen or so that compete and even fewer compete in hardcore that are streamers.

The recent hardcore solo self found ruthless race for vip tickets to exilecon had very few players that were capable of achieving the goals.

Tyty killer and steelmage are a couple of those who could compete

eWBuj1M.jpg

Soldato
neither of which have had access to the review client, but I understand why its an issue even if it is possibly a very minor one. Sure the press may have had access to all the content but 99.9% of them are garbage at games and probably write their reviews having only played a handful of acts as they lack the fortitude, skill and time to progress through the entire game and dive deep into end game systems.

Now if for example Empy or Tyty, Zizaran or steelmage had access to the review client and they min/max the hell out of their experience and time, then sure it would be a huge advantage for them as they would have already planned out an optimal speed leveling route through the capaign along with exactly where to go and what do once they reach world tier 3 or 4.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
neither of which have had access to the review client, but I understand why its an issue even if it is possibly a very minor one. Sure the press may have had access to all the content but 99.9% of them are garbage at games and probably write their reviews having only played a handful of acts as they lack the fortitude, skill and time to progress through the entire game and dive deep into end game systems.

Now if for example Empy or Tyty, Zizaran or steelmage had access to the review client and they min/max the hell out of their experience and time, then sure it would be a huge advantage for them as they would have already planned out an optimal speed leveling route through the capaign along with exactly where to go and what do once they reach world tier 3 or 4.
Them not having access was part of the point. Wudijo, ghazzy and raxx have had access, they can compete. Don the crown has been malding hard on not getting access.

At the end of the day i don’t think anyone in this thread is affected directly. What is popcorn is rods complete lack of awareness of how this is a problem for those that do compete

Last edited:
Soldato
The maxroll guys have already said that they while they will join the event they wont claim any prizes if they are top 1000.

They are easily the best source for diablo builds and guides so them getting the early review access was always gonna happen. They will make enough from their youtube views and website traffic anyways. The HC aspect never really appeals to me until ive got bored of the softcore. Esp when the game has just launched i wont be risking a HC death on server loads.

Pretty sure im gonna start with barb and go with a frenzy/hota build altho if i get a lucky legendary ill most likely migrate to whatever build that favours.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah will probably decide on Friday which build to play :cry: Rogue or Druid

tbh the 1000 peoples name thing is a nice touch to some of the proper hardcore diablo fans. It's a shame it's tarnished now but it's only going to be a smaller percentage with the advantage, the majority of places will go to legit competitors

Back
Top Bottom