** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Someone commented that they could have just moved it to season 1 instead, which would have then at least given everyone an even footing. although I suppose this isn't too bad with people not really knowing much after level 20-25 if they were in the betas.

Not intending to play HC anyway, so no impact to me, don't want to feel like I'm being rushed necessarily either.

Associate
Someone commented that they could have just moved it to season 1 instead, which would have then at least given everyone an even footing. although I suppose this isn't too bad with people not really knowing much after level 20-25 if they were in the betas.

Not intending to play HC anyway, so no impact to me, don't want to feel like I'm being rushed necessarily either.
I'm in the same boat, have no plans to play hardcore mode at all. But for those interested in this competition I think it makes more sense to kick things off at the start of season 1. The most galling aspect of this whole fiasco is how tone deaf Rod Fergusson appears to be ... doesn't give me much faith for the future leadership of this game if this is how thick they can be.

Associate
Finished work 5pm today, have a webinar tomorrow from 10am - 3pm. Once that's done, I have some chores to run and some cleaning to do before the release.

I'll be food shopping for some healthy food, some cleaning, washing, you know, usual stuff. Then I'll be catching up on sleep before Thursday. Plenty of sleep.

On Thursday, I'll prepare the snacks... Chicken, guacamole, salsa, I'll have smoked mackerel, smoked salmon, no processed *****, lots of raw veg and porridge on tap. Eggs, ham, tomatoes, water! Home made hummus!!! I decided months ago that D4 release will be the start of a new me. Because I've read these posts on reddit where people say they can't wait for the D4 release, they'll be eating takeaway Chinese and drinking whisky and energy drinks. That sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me. Maybe I'll have a single cup of coffee in the morning to kickstart the day. Maybe.

I'm using this release as an excuse to go on a health kick.

Thursday will be busy, me preparing snacks, the fridge will be brimming with ready to consume healthy food. Once that's done, I'll catch a quick nap in the afternoon, from 5pm to 11pm. Then I'm going HAM on this game.

Plenty of water in the fridge, no energy drinks, no alcohol.

Thursday, midnight to 8am then 4 hours of sleep.
Friday, 12pm to 12am then 8 hours of sleep.
Saturday, pretty much back to normal schedule, wake up early and play for as long as I feel.

I'm an old git but I can't wait, nothing beats a midnight release, and for once, I do have a proper schedule for it.

BRING IT ON!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am extremely jealous of your schedule. I hate being a grown up it absolutely sucks eggs. I know that when the game launches i will maybe get an hour on it before i am ushered away for something else for a couple of days. Luckily got a rog ally on the way so will have at least one hour a day to play at work!

Associate
I am extremely jealous of your schedule. I hate being a grown up it absolutely sucks eggs. I know that when the game launches i will maybe get an hour on it before i am ushered away for something else for a couple of days. Luckily got a rog ally on the way so will have at least one hour a day to play at work!
I'm 45 mate, fully grown up. I did decide to take time off for D4 as soon as the release date was announced. I'm not married or have children though, I do what I want.

Associate
Finished work 5pm today, have a webinar tomorrow from 10am - 3pm. Once that's done, I have some chores to run and some cleaning to do before the release.

I'll be food shopping for some healthy food, some cleaning, washing, you know, usual stuff. Then I'll be catching up on sleep before Thursday. Plenty of sleep.

On Thursday, I'll prepare the snacks... Chicken, guacamole, salsa, I'll have smoked mackerel, smoked salmon, no processed *****, lots of raw veg and porridge on tap. Eggs, ham, tomatoes, water! Home made hummus!!! I decided months ago that D4 release will be the start of a new me. Because I've read these posts on reddit where people say they can't wait for the D4 release, they'll be eating takeaway Chinese and drinking whisky and energy drinks. That sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me. Maybe I'll have a single cup of coffee in the morning to kickstart the day. Maybe.

I'm using this release as an excuse to go on a health kick.

Thursday will be busy, me preparing snacks, the fridge will be brimming with ready to consume healthy food. Once that's done, I'll catch a quick nap in the afternoon, from 5pm to 11pm. Then I'm going HAM on this game.

Plenty of water in the fridge, no energy drinks, no alcohol.

Thursday, midnight to 8am then 4 hours of sleep.
Friday, 12pm to 12am then 8 hours of sleep.
Saturday, pretty much back to normal schedule, wake up early and play for as long as I feel.

I'm an old git but I can't wait, nothing beats a midnight release, and for once, I do have a proper schedule for it.

BRING IT ON!
Wow, I'm impressed. You got your toilet breaks planned as well? :D

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Wow, I'm impressed. You got your toilet breaks planned as well? :D
81f-Fx-X06vv-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

D3K

D3K

Soldato

Sh** bucket would be better. He's gonna be on the pan non-stop with that dietary change. Body won't know what's hit it.

New one for me though. Never heard anyone use a no-life gaming session as a catalyst for a healthy lifestyle change. Interested to hear the results in a couple of months.

Soldato
I'm wondering how much I want to read about, if really anything, ahead of just playing it and finding out more for myself.

The discovery of new features and things can only really be made once, and whilst the open betas were a good way to get a handle on the basics, I was sure there was more to come later in the game.

Associate
Any else attempting to do the hardcore challenge at all ?

I might give it a go as I played Diablo 3 Seasons in Hardcore mode

Back
Top Bottom