** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Thats so weird, I've literally just fired up Diablo 4 after having dinner and its logged me straight in, no queue, no wait.

It went up to 53 minutes while I ate, I cancelled it out and restarted the battle.net client and it's still showing at 53 minutes.

I guess I wont be playing tonight.

Man of Honour
It went up to 53 minutes while I ate, I cancelled it out and restarted the battle.net client and it's still showing at 53 minutes.

I guess I wont be playing tonight.
Maybe its the area you're logging into compared to the area I'm logging into, thats the only thing I can think of as to why I was able to log straight in. Different area populations or something

Soldato
Maybe its the area you're logging into compared to the area I'm logging into, thats the only thing I can think of as to why I was able to log straight in. Different area populations or something

It could be, I'll try again in half an hour.

I sort of expected issues for the first couple of days around the official launch date tbh, it's not a big deal having to take a night off while things get sorted. I was getting a lot of rubber banding last night too which I suspect was due to server load, everything was fine during the EA period.

Associate
Thanks, i am interested in the game, it looks completely different to what i would normally play but that interests me, think i will watch a few videos and pick it up next week, is there a preference to class for a noob? i would usually be drawn to barbarian but if that class will make the game harder i would choose another.

Basically what class is best for a noob lol

Thanks again

They are all fine for clearing the story, some are best suited than others at the moment when it comes to the endgame stuff or feel stronger a little bit earlier than others, but in time they will be patched and brought into balance.

Barbarian is actually considered to be a very strong choice, people rate it as being the best all rounder at the moment.

Another thing to note is that a lot of your progress is shared between characters, gear can be stashed away for others, there's collectibles that give stat boost to all of your characters, and some world progression offers things like extra skill points or health potions. If you ever want to try another class it's always much quicker and easier to level up.

Associate
It could be, I'll try again in half an hour.

I sort of expected issues for the first couple of days around the official launch date tbh, it's not a big deal having to take a night off while things get sorted. I was getting a lot of rubber banding last night too which I suspect was due to server load, everything was fine during the EA period.
Definitely strange - I'm the same as Tombstone - started game / 20 second "queue" to login then straight into character select and game!

Associate
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same position ( lvl 57 and finding WT3 routine ). What do you think the stumbling block is ? Not enough defense ? Lack of damage ? Combo of both ?
Some of his attacks one shot me. This is on a druid that is normally very tanky - I rarely have to use potions as my bubble and heal keep me going through anything WT3 throws at me.

Damage wise I think I was OK but could for sure do with more. I just couldn't survive his stupid aoe as it was hard to avoid (one of them involves numerous red circles of death on the floor with small gaps in between. My fat ass bear form doesn't fit in those gaps, lol)

Soldato
ok so i have a few invites i dismissed just to clear the backlog .. think there is 4-5 spaces left . trouble is there is no way to vet who is who.. and no online status so if someone joined then never played.. i cant tell .. i really dont think we have over 140 members from here and Underclockers .. But the clan options are very basic

Soldato
Still no joy 40 minutes on:

image.png

It looks like it's a common issue: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d...d-it-keeps-going-up-is-the-server-down/3914/3

Hopefully this is resolved by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Logged in and out throughout the day and had no queue so thats odd.

One thing that is annoying me especially with Barbarian but its also with other classes. It's become a lick click generator game due to the horrific fury system. 6-8 auto attacks and then after 2 skill attacks its back to zero, not fun.

Oh and the jogging simulator becomes tiresome while no mount, massive map for the most part empty that you aimless run from one end to the other. Im going have to macro an auto run as its awful.

Associate
I'm definitely finding the barb a little "clunky" and don't like the lag before whirlwin starts up - seems like I have to click it a few times to get it to "activate" - maybe some timing thing I've not got yet?

He also seems a lot more squishy than the rogue I tried in Beta - perhaps I just need some better gear, as it dropped a lot more easily back then!

Soldato
I'm definitely finding the barb a little "clunky" and don't like the lag before whirlwin starts up - seems like I have to click it a few times to get it to "activate" - maybe some timing thing I've not got yet?

He also seems a lot more squishy than the rogue I tried in Beta - perhaps I just need some better gear, as it dropped a lot more easily back then!
Feel the same with regards to Whirlwind. Find myself standing in a bunch of mobs waiting for it to start. Barb does feel clunky, might try Rogue as I dont like Necro or Sorc, also not tried Druid but not sure how that is.

Soldato
Feel the same with regards to Whirlwind. Find myself standing in a bunch of mobs waiting for it to start. Barb does feel clunky, might try Rogue as I dont like Necro or Sorc, also not tried Druid but not sure how that is.

Rogue feels strong to me almost out of the gate, lots of mobility and crowd control with high damage output.

I'm running a melee twisting blades build for reference, but during the open beta weekend I ran a flurry build and had a similarly good experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom