Disabled couple snooped on and accused of fraud by the DWP

Soldato
Yet you can't clarify how disabled they have to be to be genuine in your eyes, or these tests you have that make it so easy and obvious.

You've been disingenuous throughout this thread, trying to hide your true feelings on the matter because you know it all falls apart once you give up the game.

It's irrelevant what I think or what you think for that matter - for someone to be incapable of any sort of work, training or education shouldn't they have significant disabilities? Why would it be difficult for a medical professional to identify that?

Caporegime
It's irrelevant what I think or what you think for that matter - for someone to be incapable of any sort of work, training or education shouldn't they have significant disabilities? Why would it be difficult for a medical professional to identify that?

It’s not irrelevant when you claimed it was fairly obvious and easy to test for the level of disability someone needs to have to not be able to work any job.

Why don’t you perhaps ask a medical professional before making those claims?

Everyone can see what you’re inferring from your posts, you may as well just say it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s not irrelevant when you claimed it was fairly obvious and easy to test for the level of disability someone needs to have to not be able to work any job.

Why don’t you perhaps ask a medical professional before making those claims?

Everyone can see what you’re inferring from your posts, you may as well just say it.

Not being able to work surely means that someone must have some significant disabilities - yes or no?

You are trying to put words in my mouth so just spit it out.. you'll feel better...

Caporegime
Not being able to work surely means that someone must have some significant disabilities - yes or no?

You are trying to put words in my mouth so just spit it out.. you'll feel better...

No, you said it’s easy and obvious to test people to ensure you can categorically say whether they are fit to work in any job. So how exactly do you do that then?

How can you know they are not able to work in any field without extensive testing instead of easy and obvious tests?

Last edited:
Soldato
If only the government attack dogs had half the zeal to find the billions lost in tax rather playing to the crowd harrasing disabled people.
And the hundreds of billions given away to mates via fast tracked contracts to phoney companies with no previous experience providing ppe among other things.

This government = Attack the poor, working and even middle class, blame the vulnerable, attack the vulnerable, blame the boats but also simultaneously are the reason the problem why the boat situation is so bad.

It makes me sick the way they attack people with disabilities and the attempts they make at destroying the foundations that keeps people who are vulnerable safe (things like LCWRA/PIP benefits).

Associate
As I have said over and over and over I don't have a problem with people that genuinely cant work being supported - that is literally what NI is for.

But you keep ignoring that so you can keep on with your little entitled rants lol.
I know how you feel

Caporegime
...and yet 1 in 10 people still get some form of disability benefit..
Aye, seems the long term solution is major investment into, diagnosis, prevention and treatment.

What are the "top" most common disabilities? What are the low hanging fruit disabilities?

Should we have a large government funded medical research program into the causes and treatments for these conditions instead of hoping some company finds it profitable eventually?

Could we then as a nation ethicaly sell those treatments abroad to help recoup costs.

With a growing and aging population, weeding out all the fraudsters and changing that to say 0.9 in 10 would just be swallowed up in a few years by more elderly and more people anyway.

The only real solution for significantly lowering the figure is better healthcare and medical research.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, you said it’s easy and obvious to test people to ensure you can categorically say whether they are fit to work in any job. So how exactly do you do that then?

How can you know they are not able to work in any field without extensive testing instead of easy and obvious tests?
So there are people with insignificant disabilities that are incapable of working?

Soldato
Thats just an excuse, there have always been poor and disabled people, but they always did what they needed to do to survive, today its a lifestyle choice for many, being paid for by the middle class.

Guess my mom with a brain tumor needs to just do what she needs to do to survive then lmao.

Deffo a life style choice that she needs pip and lcwra.
Like others have told you in this thread, its INCREDIBLY hard to get pip and full LCWRA.
The amount of paper work the AMOUNT of detail you have to provide ( unless someones doing it for you when your ill your not doing it alone ).
The worst part is you can do it correct, be declined then have to fight in court at tribunal to get it even if you are someone with proven illness/documentation from consultants.

ITS NOT EASY, your not getting if you are moaning about a little bit of back pain.

Last edited:
Soldato
You tell me, you’ve come up with the testing required to say for sure.

What are you classing as an insignificant disability? An example would help.
You've dug yourself a little hole and you are struggling to get out..

Anyway to be incapable of being able to work in any capacity would surely suggest being bed / housebound maybe needing a carer or constant medical facilities? Maybe severe mental issues? Just not a random bad back..

Caporegime
You've dug yourself a little hole and you are struggling to get out..

Anyway to be incapable of being able to work in any capacity would surely suggest being bed / housebound maybe needing a carer or constant medical facilities? Maybe severe mental issues? Just not a random bad back..

If I’ve dug a hole then god knows what you’ve dug yourself.

So for you, there’s no middle ground between bed bound people who need a carer and those who just have a random bad back?

This is what I knew you were inferring all along, that it’s only those on the extreme end of disability that should be allowed to claim.

Soldato
If I’ve dug a hole then god knows what you’ve dug yourself.

So for you, there’s no middle ground between bed bound people who need a carer and those who just have a random bad back?

This is what I knew you were inferring all along, that it’s only those on the extreme end of disability that should be allowed to claim.
We are talking about people that are incapable of any work, training or education - that is the extreme end, no?

Caporegime
We are talking about people that are incapable of any work, training or education - that is the extreme end, no?

There's a big difference between incapable of work, and incapable of maintaining employment though.

If your condition means you're going to be off sick fairly often at short or zero notice you just won't be able to hold down a job even if you're good most of the time.

So how does that person fit in? A company won't employ them and will manage them out, so then if they don't get benefits there's very little they can do.

Should we have more state funded help to work programs where employers are contributed additional payments to ensure cover and sufficient staffing (effectively overmanning) to accomodate them?

Do you think think the companies would likley manage to commit far more fraud than the usual claimants if this was a thing though? As it would essentially be somones job to maximise this income and consultants would spring up all over the shop to advise them etc

Back
Top Bottom