Disabled couple snooped on and accused of fraud by the DWP

Soldato
So just to be clear, the only people you believe should be claiming any form of disability are those who are bed/house bound with carers?

For the last time I am saying that people that genuinely cannot work should get benefits.

You are just try to twist my words for your victim narrative.

Soldato
There's a big difference between incapable of work, and incapable of maintaining employment though.

If your condition means you're going to be off sick fairly often at short or zero notice you just won't be able to hold down a job even if you're good most of the time.

So how does that person fit in? A company won't employ them and will manage them out, so then if they don't get benefits there's very little they can do.

Should we have more state funded help to work programs where employers are contributed additional payments to ensure cover and sufficient staffing (effectively overmanning) to accomodate them?

Do you think think the companies would likley manage to commit far more fraud than the usual claimants if this was a thing though? As it would essentially be somones job to maximise this income and consultants would spring up all over the shop to advise them etc

Reasonable adjustments, discrimination laws etc etc - thats really not a reason to check out of society these days.

Soldato
Nope, you’ve made it pretty clear now what you’ve been trying to infer all long, there’s no putting of words into mouths required.
What that I support people that genuinely cant work getting benefits? Great at last I had to say it enough times lol.

Maybe you could infer how you think a system where its not ‘easy’ to identify genuine claimants is also apparently not open to abuse? Seems like a contradiction to me.

Associate
If your condition means you're going to be off sick fairly often at short or zero notice you just won't be able to hold down a job even if you're good most of the time.

So how does that person fit in? A company won't employ them and will manage them out, so then if they don't get benefits there's very little they can do.
I know what this is like, I had undiagnosed ⁸IBS while working and one company questioned the amount of time spent in the toilet, so I left, (I took exception to being called a liar in all but name).
The next job was better but I was still suffering with the IBS. It was better than it had been but after 8yrs there I had a series of problems including twisting the same ankle several times in a short period of time, plus the IBS flaring which ment the doctor signed me off work for a couple of months while it was being diagnosed. Upshot was that they sent a letter out to say that they wanted to finish me there and then.

Caporegime
What that I support people that genuinely cant work getting benefits? Great at last I had to say it enough times lol.

You haven't said it enough, because you've only just made your position clear.

The fact that you think that housebound people with carers are the only people who are eligible for benefits is about as extreme as it gets.

You've gone from targeting only the scroungers/fraudsters to targeting the majority of those who need disability benefits.

Last edited:
Soldato
You haven't said it enough, because you've only just made your position clear.

The fact that you think that housebound people with carers are the only people who are eligible for benefits is about as extreme as it gets.

You've gone from targeting only the scroungers/fraudsters to targeting the majority of those who need disability benefits.
Are you a wonky AI or something??

You are disingenuous.

Now answer the part of my post that you chose not to quote..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are you a wonky AI or something??

A bit rich coming from someone who thinks there's no nuance when it comes to disability and that it's between random bad back and bedridden with a carer.

Oh look, he’s now demanding answers to questions despite swerving numerous ones himself throughout the thread :cry:

It’s okay n111ck, we can all see what you are.

Last edited:
Soldato
A bit rich coming from someone who thinks there's no nuance when it comes to disability and that it's between random bad back and bedridden with a carer.

Oh look, he’s now demanding answers to questions despite swerving numerous ones himself throughout the thread :cry:

It’s okay n111ck, we can all see what you are.

Lol do you think you are some sort of forum spokesperson??

You’re wilfully misrepresenting my posts because you have no argument.

Stop worrying about what other people think about you,

Just remember you are supporting those that make it harder for the genuine to get support.

Caporegime

Just remember you are supporting those that make it harder for the genuine to get support.

You're not being misrepresented at all, you've made it perfectly clear where you stand on disability benefits and where the line is.

Let's just say I'm glad you're nowhere near having a say in how the system should work, which is saying something given how badly it's being run at the moment.

Soldato
You're not being misrepresented at all, you've made it perfectly clear where you stand on disability benefits and where the line is.

Let's just say I'm glad you're nowhere near having a say in how the system should work, which is saying something given how badly it's being run at the moment.

Right back at you lol..

Soldato

Did you break your back with these mental gymnastics.

Soldato
The DWP are scum. They outsource their work to Capita (equally scum) and halved my DLA when it got moved over to PIP. It went to tribunal and I won by a landslide. In fact, my case was so strong that the DLA didn't even bring a representative to court because they knew they were going to lose, yet they dragged it out over a 3-year period hoping that I'd back down.

Jesus, sounds horrendous. Not to trivialise your point, but that decision must have cost the taxpayer a lot of money. Begs the question of how many wrong decisions are being made.

Soldato
Jesus, sounds horrendous. Not to trivialise your point, but that decision must have cost the taxpayer a lot of money. Begs the question of how many wrong decisions are being made.
The vast majority of claims are rejected ALL the way through the appeals process to tribunal (court), this includes people providing all evidence and with genuine illness. Apparently around 80% of tribunals are successful and result in claims being accepted in the end with backpay etc.

Back
Top Bottom