• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Expensive rare breed medium rare? You've got quite a specification for a steak there. :p

I like my steak and i hope the cards like how i like my steak...Red, barely warm, looks the business, goes down a treat and well worth every penny.. LOL!

Edit: gone to turn the george foreman on! Steak time!

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this thread dead or is there still time to grab some popcorn?

popcornchicken11xj.gif

Associate
I am thinking about getter another couple of monitors now after seeing the 5800 vids that were posted earlier. I have a Toshiba 37" 1080P TV and a Acer 19" 1400x900 monitor, maybe get another 2 19" monitors as this would only cost around £170 or should i just stick with using the T.V? I was eyeing up the Samsung T220 22" screen but if i got those i would have to buy 3 which is maybe going a bit too far(cost £398.97). Any suggestions on a good price/quality set up? :confused:

Associate
I am thinking about getter another couple of monitors now after seeing the 5800 vids that were posted earlier. I have a Toshiba 37" 1080P TV and a Acer 19" 1400x900 monitor, maybe get another 2 19" monitors as this would only cost around £170 or should i just stick with using the T.V? I was eyeing up the Samsung T220 22" screen but if i got those i would have to buy 3 which is maybe going a bit too far(cost £398.97). Any suggestions on a good price/quality set up? :confused:

I seriously thought about going for a THTG and 3 LCD monitors earlier this year. I was looking at 3x30" NEC monitors but sadly the price was too much.

After a lot of research I realised that if you want true immersion go for a 1080P projector and a 100" screen that'll pretty much beat 3 monitors with large borders in my opinion.

Soldato

Only thing I as thinking is that the monitors would need similar processing and response times or you may notice any difference in lag, especially when you pan the scene.

Associate
If the screen gets to a certain size, you have to sit far back. So a resolution of 8kx2k is not really needed, and in many situations is overkill..... So i pesonally would second i would like a 100" 1080p projector :), now i just need a good sized wall.

Soldato
Thats true along with many other variables such as colour uniformity etc.
I don't think I'd be too bothered with side monitors with slightly different colours, even different panel types. I'm mainly looking at the centre screen, but if the frame sticks/lags more than a little as it crosses the monitor border I've a feeling it would drive me nuts.
If the screen gets to a certain size, you have to sit far back. So a resolution of 8kx2k is not really needed, and in many situations is overkill..... So i pesonally would second i would like a 100" 1080p projector :), now i just need a good sized wall.
Already got one of those :)

Last edited:
Associate
So if i was going with a 3 screen set up it would be best to just buy the exact same make and spec, I dont think they sell the 19" monitor i have any more so i would have to get 3 new ones. Tempted by the projector but at 1080P wont the 100" look low rez?

Soldato
So if i was going with a 3 screen set up it would be best to just buy the exact same make and spec, I dont think they sell the 19" monitor i have any more so i would have to get 3 new ones. Tempted by the projector but at 1080P wont the 100" look low rez?

Mine's a 24" BenQ, still well over £320 each years after I bought mine and that's if I could find stock. I'm thinking I'll track down cheaper DVI/HDMI monitors with the same panel.

1080p at 100"+ looks brilliant tbh.

Associate
I'm planning on getting a 5850 because the 5870 seems like it will be a bit too expensive to me. Does anyone have any estimates on how powerful the 5850 will be? If its any faster than the GTX285 then i will definitely be getting it.

Soldato
I'm planning on getting a 5850 because the 5870 seems like it will be a bit too expensive to me. Does anyone have any estimates on how powerful the 5850 will be? If its any faster than the GTX285 then i will definitely be getting it.

Too expensive for me, but they always are.

Just got to find 300 quid down the back of the sofa like I always manage to do :D

Soldato
Anyone else get a feeling from Nvidia that its a bit like this analogy!

ATI: We've got a new range of super cars being release in a few weeks!!
Nvidia: We've got........... A red ......car........And something else..... in the future!

This wasnt a nvidia bash as such... just some mild fun at a rather silly release!

Soldato
Anyone else get a feeling from Nvidia that its a bit like this analogy!

ATI: We've got a new range of super cars being release in a few weeks!!
Nvidia: We've got........... A red ......car........And something else..... in the future!

This wasnt a nvidia bash as such... just some mild fun at a rather silly release!

fixed
TI: We've got a new range of super cars being release in a few weeks!!
Nvidia: We've got........... A milkfloat........And something else..... in the future and it is HUGE!

I do want to see the gt300 and 5870 fight it out and their x2 as well they will be monsters if they come out.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom