Disgusting display of Racism

Soldato
20210728-131759.jpg

50%? Is that real? Why would a police force massively over represented by 'minorities' be celebrated?

Caporegime
All positions in education or employment should be on the basis of ability and qualifications, nothing else.

The students have to have a confirmed place at the university. Do you object to them receiving a scholarship so they can take up the places they've earned?

Soldato
He's not helping kids from his community. He's helping adults from all over the country.

But only if they're of his preferred race.

His preferred race? Where does he say that? Maybe he knows what its like to grow up as a poor black kid in London and wants to help. Why do you have to take such offence at this? I wish some of the Asian billionaires in this country did the same with Asian kids from areas that are struggling financially and so can't afford to go to university but are clever enough and have worked hard to get the grades. He isn't bribing anyone to get them in, they've done the work, he's just funding a scholarship. Religious groups do it where they fund kids of their religion, I don't see people up in arms about that. At least he's doing something good with his money.

Caporegime
Black bloke wants to fund 30 black students with his own money - I can't see a problem.
If it was a Government scheme then I can see the problem.

In a country where you get chastised for saying that all lives matter, I think that selecting one race if people and giving them money is pretty repugnant.

The worse examples as I provided where the uk goverment or universities are directly funding bame students instead of all students with lower levels of household income.

Very sad to see such discrimination happening with our money.

Soldato
Btw, one of the reasons why I made the pork scratchings comment is because ya'll only frothy because you just got 'woke' to this issue.

The United Negro Fund was founded sometime during WW2. It has brought us people like King himself, Samuel L Jackson, Spike Lee etc.

Caporegime
His preferred race? Where does he say that? Maybe he knows what its like to grow up as a poor black kid in London and wants to help. Why do you have to take such offence at this? I wish some of the Asian billionaires in this country did the same with Asian kids from areas that are struggling financially and so can't afford to go to university but are clever enough and have worked hard to get the grades. He isn't bribing anyone to get them in, they've done the work, he's just funding a scholarship. Religious groups do it where they fund kids of their religion, I don't see people up in arms about that. At least he's doing something good with his money.

If they weren't his preferred race he'd be giving scholarships to all disadvantaged kids, regardless of their skin colour. I've made my thoughts on religions fairly clear on here.

Caporegime
OK, you don't object to scholarships in general (there are many) just scholarships given by a black man to black/mixed race students.

I object to discrimination based upon race.

We have been told repeatedly that discrimination is bad.

Therefore any grants that are dedicated and protected funding for people based solely upon race are ostensibly something that we should all object to.

Soldato
I'd be happier if most people and personalities stopped attributing things and events to racism, casual or otherwise. All the journos from all sides are doing it and just winding everybody up it seems.

The UK is one of the more tolerant nations regarding race and I am totally turned off by people claiming racial discrimination at the drop of a hat. So really it totally blunts the perception therefore pointless.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
I suspect the words "all live matters" were uttered by the same individuals too.

Now, I understand the BLM movement, and I also understand the ALM response, however, it seems to be used in 2 different ways.

For me, ALM would push to show inclusivity and equality for all people regardless of race, and not taken in the way that some people use it/see it in that ALM means you're racist or don't understand BLM. ALM might work better with white police officers because ALL covers everyone, whereas BLM can create a them and us attitude. After all, don't we want all people to be treated equally?

But then, I'm not a fan of labels anyway, labels breed separation between groups. Skin colour, race, sex, gender, all labels that cause separation and hatred. Why can't we all just be classed as humans with no other labels and judge people on their value to society and their effort in life?

As for Stormzy, I can understand how some people see it but ultimately, it's his money and if he wants to use to help people that had similar upbringings as himself then let him.

Back
Top Bottom