Disgusting !

Permabanned
The thing that always makes me laugh about these debates is the probability that all those on their moral high horses have done it themselves at some point, be it ripping a borrowed CD (hell, ripping your own CDs isn't entirely legal) to watching a music video on YouTube that wasn't uploaded by the label etc.

Soldato
Please just answer the question, yes, or no?

_1589441_paxman303.jpg

Caporegime
yeah, but I also mentioned how the questions were all gonna be quite ambiguous. I obviously didn't think of a very good question there, I thought one of our fine mods would do that for me ;D

have you pirated more than 24 songs?

If you have you owe RIAA Two hundred and twenty thousand dollars :)

Twelve jurors here said the Minnesota woman must pay $9,250 for each of 24 shared songs that were the subject of the lawsuit, amounting to $222,000 in penalties.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/10/riaa-jury-finds.html

Caporegime
just a lil bit out of their jurisdiction lol.

well He owes the RIAA some money anyway ;)

but yes it is a good thing that we don't have putative fines here, but some of the things the judge ruled in that case where shocking, such as they didn't need to prove it was here that shared the songs or that she had file sharing software on here hard drive.

Soldato
Tefal are you claiming your views are so extreme as to be above even the most punative governments in the world? I ask because you freely intermingle and merge the concept of theft with that of unauthorised digital reproduction. No country in the world (I've checked) brings such infringement under the title of 'theft'. This is probably because, in most countries, as in the UK, theft is defined as permanently materially depriving the owner of the use of said item - which you do not do with copyright infringement. Are you calling for the strictest laws in the world on copyright infringement; is your opinion so extreme so as to mark Britain out as the most punitive country, in this area, in the world?

Jet

Jet

Soldato
well he would have had to use an internet/tv/radio station or buy the song otherwise so cost someone revenue ;)

I don't understand.

He pays for internet/TV, radio makes money from adverts based on number of listeners and he wouldn't have bought the song unless he had listened to it first. And since he didn't like it he wouldn't have bought it.

Or were you saying something else?

Caporegime
I don't understand.

He pays for internet/TV, radio makes money from adverts based on number of listeners and he wouldn't have bought the song unless he had listened to it first. And since he didn't like it he wouldn't have bought it.

Or were you saying something else?

he down loaded it so the radio etc didn't benefit. sp it's not exactly victimless

Caporegime
Tefal are you claiming your views are so extreme as to be above even the most punative governments in the world? I ask because you freely intermingle and merge the concept of theft with that of unauthorised digital reproduction. No country in the world (I've checked) brings such infringement under the title of 'theft'. This is probably because, in most countries, as in the UK, theft is defined as permanently materially depriving the owner of the use of said item - which you do not do with copyright infringement. Are you calling for the strictest laws in the world on copyright infringement; is your opinion so extreme so as to mark Britain out as the most punitive country, in this area, in the world?

have you actually read my posts in this thread, i suggest you start at the beginning ;)

Back
Top Bottom