Dishonored - Thread

What's the performance like when it's maxed out?

Just wondering what sort of frame rate to expect with my rig.

Just had a quick go on the laptop I carry around whilst at work etc... My better laptop is at home, but got the game unlocked and so far its performing just fine on a AMD 5650M with a i5 540M using 4GB of memory...

1920 x 1080, high texture, no rat ?? lol Rat shadows, normal details and FXAA turned on, I can't benchmark - game has no benchmark that I could see... Using 85 FOV, FRAPS showed me dipping into the mid 20's but mostly just about 30 fps - more then playable...

Sure my other laptop with a 7970M will eat this one up..!! Unique style in graphics, its like water paintings, so you don't notice any low res details, it all looks kinda smudged..!!

From my quick go, it seems a good game, need to give it a bit more time yet..

Would anyone mind providing me with a dummies guide to using VPNs?

I've downloaded Spotflux and have it enabled but when I load into steam I have no connection and won't allow me to launch the game.

I've downloaded Spotflux and have it enabled but when I load into steam I have no connection and won't allow me to launch the game.

It's very slow Spotflux, litterally when I've used it I close steam down, enable Spotflux, start downloading the files and it works. Either that or midway through I then DC from Spotflux and carry on downloading from my normal IP but as it has already established a connection it continues and unlocks then play it with Spotflux enabled.

Being at work is killing me. I am thinking about quitting :-)

One benefit of a gaming laptop for me lol Already had a quick go whilst at work on my lunch break, and enjoyed it... I can see some being put off by its style and its got a lot of Deus Ex about it.. The sweetFX injector helps a little with, looked a bit sharper with it on..

I actually like the art style, its different.

I used the same app few hours ago on a mobile phone teethered to my laptop, it was indeed VERY slow, took me a few attempts to log into Steam, but it got there..

Keep trying, it will eventually connect..

It's very slow Spotflux, litterally when I've used it I close steam down, enable Spotflux, start downloading the files and it works. Either that or midway through I then DC from Spotflux and carry on downloading from my normal IP but as it has already established a connection it continues and unlocks then play it with Spotflux enabled.

I used the same app few hours ago on a mobile phone teethered to my laptop, it was indeed VERY slow, took me a few attempts to log into Steam, but it got there..

Keep trying, it will eventually connect..

Got it up and running, thanks :)

I will be playing with the controller, I too will be playing stealth. I love the look of this! I will not be sticking to a strict playstyle. Just how I want to play, if I get caught or in a jam. I will just have to fight my way out or trick my way out.

On top of that, I really want to be a completionist the first play through, exploring everywhere!

I will not be sticking to a strict playstyle. Just how I want to play, if I get caught or in a jam. I will just have to fight my way out or trick my way out.

This is what I am doing for my first playthrough then for the second I think I'll do a complete stealth/non-lethal one.

Im wondering how kb and mouse will work for thins as on some gameplay ive seen theres like an auto aim targeting thing going on during sword play, so may be perfect controller and tv game but ive not played yet so will have to try both :)

Im wondering how kb and mouse will work for thins as on some gameplay ive seen theres like an auto aim targeting thing going on during sword play, so may be perfect controller and tv game but ive not played yet so will have to try both :)

The auto aim is an setting in the options so you can turn it off if using kb&m.

Back
Top Bottom