Disney+ is it any good ?

Soldato
Finally got round to patching some holes in my Disney knowledge. Watched 'The lion king' and 'The little mermaid' with my wife and daughter. Both pretty good, even with them both singing in my ears.
Just 'Lilo and Stitch' to go now.

Soldato
OP
Finally got round to patching some holes in my Disney knowledge. Watched 'The lion king' and 'The little mermaid' with my wife and daughter. Both pretty good, even with them both singing in my ears.
Just 'Lilo and Stitch' to go now.
Haha I bet you wanted to sing along but didn't want to admit it.

Soldato
I signed up for the trial and watched Tangled with the daughter. I dont know if its me but I can definitely see that its bit-starved 4K more than Netflix. Its not super obvious compression but the image just feels a bit soft even for streaming.

No idea if they are streaming at the same rates or if its simply down to how they are piping it out.

Soldato
Haha I bet you wanted to sing along but didn't want to admit it.
Hahaha, I couldn't even if I wanted to as I didn't know any of the words, even to the well known ones. Both of them knew every single word though. I kid you not, every, single word. Who needs surround sound? Luckily they can both sing well - the wife especially but she used to be a pro singer so that's a given.

Soldato
I paid the 40 odd quid upfront for the year. I don't think it has enough content for me for the year but I have 3 girls that will get a lot of use out of it.

It's still early days but the upcoming content seems really good. Might take a year tho to be really worth while.

Soldato
Great film.
Other good old live action disney films = Cat From outer space, All the Herbie Films, One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, Black hole, 1st Witch mountain, The Spaceman and King Arthur, TRON!!, Flight of the Navigator, Rocketeer.

Nice thanks, will check them out, seen the Rocketeer but could easily watch that again.

Soldato
Me and my brother have it. I've not watched anything on it yet, but would be interested if anyone has any new, original content (generally series) to watch. Thought 'The Mandolrian' was okay at best, very simple and aimed at kids I guess. Didn't realise all of 'The Simpsons' would be on there, so that's a nice bonus :)

Soldato
OP
Other then the major movies and the mandalorian does Disney+ have anything else ?

Most of the new show and remake are going to be sometime.

Soldato
I find it really good value, it doesn't have as much content as others like NowTV / Netflix / Prime Video, so you really need to like the content to even consider getting this. I'm enjoying re-watching SW films, going through the Avengers films, watching The Simpsons from the beginning and being able to watch The Mandalorian. My daughter is also loving the service with the countless animation movies available.

If you're a fan of Disney / Marvel then I highly recommend giving this a try.

Back
Top Bottom